The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag should be the next frame DE should look at

(PSN)TertulSee

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I've never seen them disable it.  There have been times when they, and other mobs, will continue moving as if they ignore it but I always assumed it was a big of some kind because of how inconsistent it was. 

It wasn't every Ancient ignoring it, it was sporadic, and not even exclusively Ancients.

I think this is what he means. If you look at rhino stomp, It is GUARANTEED to knock everyone in it's radius over, whether they are in a ancient disruptor's aura or an ancent healer's aura, or both. Crush was always the same with it's consistency, but I guess things have changed. Long live Rhino Stomp, buff crush pls lol

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I think this is what he means. If you look at rhino stomp, It is GUARANTEED to knock everyone in it's radius over, whether they are in a ancient disruptor's aura or an ancent healer's aura, or both. Crush was always the same with it's consistency, but I guess things have changed. Long live Rhino Stomp, buff crush pls lol

I understood, but I think it's a bug and not an ability feature  - one or two targets totally ignoring the CC has been happening to me for years. 

It just hasn't been exclusively Ancients.  Sometimes it's Scorpians, sometimes it's Bombards, Engineers, Burchers, etc. its totally random and inconsistent as to which enemy ignores Crush.

But at the end of the animation, they always take damage and fall like they had been caught up in the CC.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I understood, but I think it's a bug and not an ability feature  - one or two targets totally ignoring the CC has been happening to me for years. 

It just hasn't been exclusively Ancients.  Sometimes it's Scorpians, sometimes it's Bombards, Engineers, Burchers, etc. its totally random and inconsistent as to which enemy ignores Crush.

But at the end of the animation, they always take damage and fall like they had been caught up in the CC.

Well then that contradicts ArtPrince's claim and falls more in line with my own. Would you say Crush is consistent enough to be considered guaranteed cc?

2 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I know, but Mag should be the next one after Zephyr. I’m pretty much assuming they are already look at her in some way.

I still don't quite understand why Mag.  I just got done beasting with her again in today's invasion missions.  She looks and plays fine to me.  :D

edit:Especially since she was just recently reworked.

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect

43 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I still don't quite understand why Mag.  I just got done beating with her again in today's invasion missions.  She looks and plays fine to me.  :D

edit:Especially since she was just recently reworked.

She could use some tweaks, but she's viable.  /shrug

11 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's cool.  Thanks to the Alata Skin she moved up to my top three frames awhile back.  Nothing like beasting with Mag while looking damn good.  hehe

Not kidding!  I like almost all of her skins, even the default ones, and have a look for each one but the Alata is my heart throb.

I think we've talked about this before...

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not kidding!  I like almost all of her skins, even the default ones, and have a look for each one but the Alata is my heart throb.

I was kind of disappointed in her grakk skin. It didn't seem to fit her enough. Alata is my favorite though, i see it as her true remixed prime skin. 

It looks great with corpus colors and that corpus tennogen syandana that looks like a floating triangle on her back.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

I was kind of disappointed in her grakk skin. It didn't seem to fit her enough. Alata is my favorite though, i see it as her true prime skin. 

It looks great with corpus colors and that corpus tennogen syandana that looks like a floating triangle on her back.

The Graxx had a lot more sex appeal than a Warframe should have, imo.  But yeah, Alata is tops.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

The Graxx had a lot more sex appeal than a Warframe should have, imo.  But yeah, Alata is tops.

Maybe I'll try it. But with only 3 color schemes, I may rarely get to use it when the Mag deluxe skin comes out. I almost want to make another Mag prime just for fashion frame purposes.

I disagree OP, my clan mates had to tell me to stop nuking enemies with Mag. lol  I personally like to hide inside the magnetize bubble then pull enemies into it.... =w=

Tho I agree with crush, Its the only skill separate from the 1st 3. They should at least give it a bonus damage by the number shards available to you in the field, and when augmented the shards should add bonus armor stripping...

25 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

DLD4cDqUIAA3Vv-.jpg:large

9da4e4d8db2ab4216860e8413132bd15--funny-

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I'd expect nothing less from a guy who's name is MagPrime lol

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

98% guaranteed. 

Good enough for me. My original post stands affirmed.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I'd expect nothing less from a guy who's name is MagPrime lol

Good enough for me. My original post stands affirmed.

But now I'm all kinds of paranoid that DE is making Crush limited by number of enemies it CC's, like Bastielle.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

Well, Crush is vastly overpowered.

...compared to Super Jump.

Ha!

Yeah, it does need some attention.  I've said for a long time now that it's simply out dated and out classes by every other ability Mag has.  Honestly surprised DE didn't do anything with it when they did her rework.

1 hour ago, Cimbro94 said:

Mag is controversial... 2 skill (1 with augment) that can stri armor, but each skill alone cannot strip 100%... A shame

Uhh, I just used Mag's 3 without augment on grineer and it stripped armor.  I saw it got from full yellow bar to half red bar with only one use of her 3.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarification

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhh, I just used Mag's 3 without augment on grineer and it stripped armor.  I saw it got from full yellow bar to half red bar with only one use of her 3.  

Well try with enemies that are not butchers and lancers then you'll see...

When i say armor stripping i mean 1 like banshee oberon Frost or ash have... That it requires 1 cast per enemy or 2 cast per group and not 10 casts....

Edited by Cimbro94
Frost correction

9 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Cool, now do the same thing on something above starchart level that;s not a butcher or lancer. In fact, go to the simulacrum and spawn 3 or 4 level 100 napalms and tell me how many casts to strip his armor.

6 hours ago, Cimbro94 said:

Well try with enemies that are not butchers and lancers then you'll see...

When i say armor stripping i mean 1 like banshee oberon Frost or ash have... That it requires 1 cast per enemy or 2 cast per group and not 10 casts....

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Cool, now do the same thing on something above starchart level that;s not a butcher or lancer. In fact, go to the simulacrum and spawn 3 or 4 level 100 napalms and tell me how many casts to strip his armor.

Hey, he said that it doesn't 100% strip armor.  I just happen to have seen a very recent situation when it did.  I'm not saying that it's perfect and works all the time. Heck, I was shocked when it happened myself.  I had been previously (and still do) use it primarily to boost shields of my team and as a setup for Crush.  Against heavily armored enemies I'll normally just use my short duration Magnetize instead.  :D

On 9/30/2017 at 1:19 AM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Someone mentioned only using her against Corpus and plus, Mag isn’t very good at stripping armor where I play at. She can’t handle Sorties which is the bare minimum I look for in frames.

then you arnt playing her well enough then. after rework shes better vs grineer than corpus now. a quick 3-4-3 (with fracturing crush...though that may be the primary reason for it) can full strip a high lvl heavy gunner.

also judging by the original post...you dont know how corrosive works do you? its a % armor shred so the higher the armor the faster its starting armor shred begins. (it should always take the same amount of corrosive procs to shred armor. the difference between the 2 is shattering impact shred base armor so it varies on what your punching.)

but letting crush scale a little owuld be nice (or at the very least let it use shards as bonus dmg) and magnatize isnt that great for CC (but i still love it for making death orbs to compensate terrible accuracy of Kohm XP)

but overall I really dont think mag is that bad off. 1 is still really strong CC, 2 is good for focus firing 3(I do wish it wasnt flat shred and was back to being % again) and 4 is large aoe CC (which i do think should have some form of scaling)

so basically what needs to be done is...let the polarized shards effect all your abilities. (pull shards to tear and possibly shred targets, or use crush to add the shard dmg into the crush)
better pull on magnatize, and % scaling on initial polorize dmg (would also make shards stronger by polorizing heavygunners or tech)

we all know over all polorize is what people know mag for. so doing this should give her more synergy inside her own kit. toss out a 3 on large croweds and then crush and you should multiply the dmg by 10 if not 100 folds due to the shards. Like I liked her rework sorta (and the one handed actions buff was nice) but DE is missing some amazing power they could get by letting the shards be manipulated via other abilities.

Edited by Ordosan

22 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I've never seen them disable it.  There have been times when they, and other mobs, will continue moving as if they ignore it but I always assumed it was a big of some kind because of how inconsistent it was. 

It wasn't every Ancient ignoring it, it was sporadic, and not even exclusively Ancients.

ya its odd. depending on weather or not you hit the anchient healers, there aura will often negate the CC on some if not all CC on there allies. and then disruptor anchient auras reduce duration of CC