The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag should be the next frame DE should look at

(PSN)TertulSee

2 hours ago, Ordosan said:

then you arnt playing her well enough then. after rework shes better vs grineer than corpus now. a quick 3-4-3 (with fracturing crush...though that may be the primary reason for it) can full strip a high lvl heavy gunner.

also judging by the original post...you dont know how corrosive works do you? its a % armor shred so the higher the armor the faster its starting armor shred begins. (it should always take the same amount of corrosive procs to shred armor. the difference between the 2 is shattering impact shred base armor so it varies on what your punching.)

but letting crush scale a little owuld be nice (or at the very least let it use shards as bonus dmg) and magnatize isnt that great for CC (but i still love it for making death orbs to compensate terrible accuracy of Kohm XP)

but overall I really dont think mag is that bad off. 1 is still really strong CC, 2 is good for focus firing 3(I do wish it wasnt flat shred and was back to being % again) and 4 is large aoe CC (which i do think should have some form of scaling)

so basically what needs to be done is...let the polarized shards effect all your abilities. (pull shards to tear and possibly shred targets, or use crush to add the shard dmg into the crush)
better pull on magnatize, and % scaling on initial polorize dmg (would also make shards stronger by polorizing heavygunners or tech)

we all know over all polorize is what people know mag for. so doing this should give her more synergy inside her own kit. toss out a 3 on large croweds and then crush and you should multiply the dmg by 10 if not 100 folds due to the shards. Like I liked her rework sorta (and the one handed actions buff was nice) but DE is missing some amazing power they could get by letting the shards be manipulated via other abilities.

First of all, I do know how Corrosive works. It takes the current value of armor and decreases it by 25% each time. It’s also why Corrosive will fall off eventually. It will Shred lesser and lesser armor each time until it only shreds 1 Armor. That takes a lot of bullets and higher armor = more shots. Corrosive does fall off because of how Armor scaling works. (And how it almost scales exponentially). If you actually did the math, you would know that eventually, Corrosive will just take too many bullets and Shattering Impact would help a lot more. Play test it. I’m sure you’ll find something.

What the problem is right now is that Mag doesn’t scale well and when she does, she throws efficiency out the window. With Zenurik being removed, she pretty much only has energy Pads or else she wouldn’t be able to do anything. At least Saryn can lower enemies’ health by 1/2 and still get away with it. Mag without a high power Strength low efficiency build is almost useless towards Sortie level content. She’s a caster that lacks any redeeming qualities because she has no energy pool like Saryn, she has no tankiness, she lacks any quick defensive skills that don’t cause her to die anyways, and she lacks reasonable sense in terms of the cost of her abilities. The only redeeming factor is the fact that Magnitize can turn Beam Weapons into gods. Other than those reasonable factors, Mag is only played because either the player wants to challenge themselves or to take a Beam Weapons because the damage is “necessary”. 

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

On 9/29/2017 at 9:36 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I have been playing Mag for a few days and it seems Mag is lackluster in every way. Her DPS is too situational, her armor stripping is useless, her Pull is only slightly useful and overall, she needs some work. I have some proposals for how to make Mag better.

1. Make Polarize work like Shattering Impact.

In case some of you didn’t know, Shattering Impact reduces enemy’s armor by a flat amount based on their base armor. That means it will strip an enemy’s armor within a certain number of hits regardless of level. Some may say that Corrosive is till better but the Higher the enemy’s level, the more shots it requires to strip armor. Shattering Impact doesn’t have this problem making it more ideal for super long endless runs. 

Mag’s Polarize doesn’t scale like that though and at higher levels. The armor strip isn’t worth the price of the ability and even Ash can do it much cheaper. The ability’s main purpose is to reduce the enemy’s defenses but it not efficient and is outclassed by every other ability who’s purpose isn’t to strip defenses. Overall, this is a bad ability.

^This doesn't seem right

Corrosive Procs are 20 hits regardless of Armor type and Enemy level to completely removed armor.(Fixed Percentage that removes percent of remaining armor)

Shattering is fixed hits.

(Weaker enemies like Butchers are always a Single hit to strip armor with Shattering Impact regardless of enemy level, but Napalm/Bombard types are 84 hits regardless of enemy level)

20 Corrosive Procs with something like Pox/Tori's is way faster than 84 melee hits on a Single enemy.

Thus Shattering Impact is not better than having a weapon built for Armor stripping. 

Literally Shattering Impact being replaced by Condition Overload and using quick-melee with Pox/Torid Corrosive Blast (innate Toxin) would be better Melee scaling than a Shattering Impact build.

That said, I am in favor Mag receiving some tweaks.

Really feel Base Polarize should have ability to give Mag overshields even if it were a fixed Percentage of Shields/Armored drained. (Base Conclave Polarize grants Overshields) Shield Transferrable should allow group to get Overshields or allow Shields to be a status-gate for a set duration: is fixed 4sec status immunity (Thus protecting Shielded allies from status Procs)

I think Pull could be reverted back to when it pulled all enemies right to Mag's (As Greedy Pull)feet for easy Melee Ground Finisher setup(Fragor Prime style)™

Crush- I feel this needs to be reworked

•No idea why Fracturing Crush has a DE-imposed armor removal cap

•Nor do I understand why Magnetize+Crush damage interaction is a fixed(non-scaling, non-moddable unless Extinguished Dragon-key) damage interaction.

For the Magnetize (or Share) interaction with Crush...I would be glad to see it have a recovery animation that worked like Prolonged Paralysis: Enemies have slowed recovery from getting up. This would allow Crush to be far more useful as AoE Cc, with Greedy Pull(to Mag's feet)* being more circumstantial : since more and more enemies seem to have Close Range negative effects/Auras in which it might be better to have Mag keep hose enemies away from her feet.(Looking at high-level Exiums/Box/Combas ruing Mag's day when she pulls them right to her feet...lol)

Edited by (PS4)FRAGORPRlME

33 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

First of all, I do know how Corrosive works. It takes the current value of armor and decreases it by 25% each time. It’s also why Corrosive will fall off eventually. It will Shred Armor down until only 1 Armor remains before stripping it completely. What the problem is right now is that Mag doesn’t scale well and when she does, she throws efficiency out the window. With Zenurik being removed, she pretty much only has energy Pads or else she wouldn’t be able to do anything. At least Saryn can lower enemies’ health by 1/2 and still get away with it. Mag without a high power Strength low efficiency build is almost useless towards Sortie level content. She’s a caster that lacks any redeeming qualities because she has no energy pool like Saryn, she has no tankiness, she lacks any quick defensive skills that don’t cause her to die anyways, and she lacks reasonable sense in terms of the cost of her abilities. The only redeeming factor is the fact that Magnitize can turn Beam Weapons into gods. Other than those reasonable factors, Mag is only played because either the player wants to challenge themselves or to take a Beam Weapons because the damage is “necessary”. 

Honestly, I think most of that might just be how you have been building/playing her.  Just my opinion, please don't take as anything more. 

I have a high Power Strength/High Efficiency build Mag.  I sacrificed duration to achieve this.  Even with the low duration (currently at 17%), Magnetize last long enough for me to do what I need it to do.  Given that Magnetize is the only ability that is seriously effected by duration, I can live with that low duration.  Heck, I can even say that I like the low duration Magnetize better than longer duration one.  I use all of her abilities somewhat equally with maybe Pull a little higher.  Now this is a build that works for my very active playstyle and definitely not the "Press one button 2 win" style that most seem to equate as a good frame.  I use specific weapons to compliment/benefit this style.  Such as Galatine Prime for hitting enemies that Pull brings in if they still live, Supra Vandal with Entropy Burst for high fire rate/damage while giving back energy, and AkMagnus because I got a really nice riven and they just got so much style.  

Now saying that Mag is only played because a player wants challenge or uses beam weapons (which aren't necessary by the way), is in IMO a very misleading statement.  That's kinda like saying Ivara can't do long survivals because she can't tank,and must have a bow or she can't use her powers.  It looks that way on paper but the reality is much different.

Lets be fair.  There are quite a few frames that don't scale well.  But in all honesty, I don't think all frames are suppose to.  As @MagPrime said, she could use some tweaks but is viable.  I prove that almost every time I play her with the highest damage dealt, most kills, and least damage most of the times I use her even in sorties.  So, I can't quite agree that Mag is useless without Zenurik, beam weapons, and in sorties.  I do understand this is your opinion though.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Honestly, I think most of that might just be how you have been building/playing her.  Just my opinion, please don't take as anything more. 

I have a high Power Strength/High Efficiency build Mag.  I sacrificed duration to achieve this.  Even with the low duration (currently at 17%), Magnetize last long enough for me to do what I need it to do.  Given that Magnetize is the only ability that is seriously effected by duration, I can live with that low duration.  Heck, I can even say that I like the low duration Magnetize better than longer duration one.  I use all of her abilities somewhat equally with maybe Pull a little higher.  Now this is a build that works for my very active and definitely not the "Press one button 2 win" style that most seem to equate as a good frame.  I use specific weapons to compliment/benefit this style.  Such as Galatine Prime for hitting enemies that Pull brings in if they still live, Supra Vandal with Entropy Burst for high fire rate/damage while giving back energy, and AkMagnus because I got a really nice riven and they just got so much style.  

Now saying that Mag is only played because a player wants challenge or uses beam weapons (which aren't necessary by the way), is in IMO a very misleading statement.  That's kinda like saying Ivara can't do long survivals because she can't tank,and must have a bow or she can't use her powers.  It looks that way on paper but the reality is much different.

Lets be fair.  There are quite a few frames that don't scale well.  But in all honesty, I don't think all frames are suppose to.  As @MagPrime said, she could use some tweaks but is viable.  I prove that almost every time I play her with the highest damage dealt, most kills, and least damage most of the times I use her even in sorties.  So, I can't quite agree that Mag is useless without Zenurik, beam weapons, and in sorties.  I do understand this is your opinion though.  :D

Isn't Polarize affected by Duration in the same wave -expansion Range as Molecular Prime 

Low duration means smaller Affected range and long Duration is for whole Map coverage.

Or did I miss an update?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)FRAGORPRlME said:

Isn't Polarize affected by Duration in the same wave -expansion Range as Molecular Prime 

Low duration means smaller Affected range and long Duration is for whole Map coverage.

Or did I miss an update?

Ability Range effects its range while duration effects the pulse travel time.  My range is at 12.8 meters.  That range doesn't change with duration.  I guess you could say duration effects how fast it effects enemies within that range.  

edit: I double checked both on the wiki and ingame to verify stats while I made this post.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional info

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hey, he said that it doesn't 100% strip armor.  I just happen to have seen a very recent situation when it did.  I'm not saying that it's perfect and works all the time. Heck, I was shocked when it happened myself.  I had been previously (and still do) use it primarily to boost shields of my team and as a setup for Crush.  Against heavily armored enemies I'll normally just use my short duration Magnetize instead.  :D

Fair play. But the thing is that it should strip more than just some low class amount. I recently commented on a Brozime video, where I came up with the idea that it should strip 20% base armor. At 100% PS, that's 5 casts no matter what to strip armor. It would take 250% PS to strip it in two casts. The reason why I say 20% is more than just a random number. At 20%, it open up the ability to strip armor 100% when synergized with another ability, Fracturing Crush. Fracturing Crush has a limit of 80% armor reduction, thus it is useless to go above 160% PS. At 145% PS, which would be a Rank 8 Transient Fortitude or the common Intensify+Power Drift combo, Casting Fracturing Crush, THEN casting Polarize would strip 100% armor. I like this possible synergy, because it is not mandatory, but it is effective and very helpful.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Fair play. But the thing is that it should strip more than just some low class amount. I recently commented on a Brozime video, where I came up with the idea that it should strip 20% base armor. At 100% PS, that's 5 casts no matter what to strip armor. It would take 250% PS to strip it in two casts. The reason why I say 20% is more than just a random number. At 20%, it open up the ability to strip armor 100% when synergized with another ability, Fracturing Crush. Fracturing Crush has a limit of 80% armor reduction, thus it is useless to go above 160% PS. At 145% PS, which would be a Rank 8 Transient Fortitude or the common Intensify+Power Drift combo, Casting Fracturing Crush, THEN casting Polarize would strip 100% armor. I like this possible synergy, because it is not mandatory, but it is effective and very helpful.

Percent Armor strip doesn’t usually work like that. It works like Corrosive. Corrosive takes the armor value of the enemy and reduces it by 25% per status. Each time the Armor strip will become lower and lower because that becomes the enemies new max armor. At 20%, it would take about 30 some casts to strips a high level enemy’s armor. You might as well use Corrosive.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Percent Armor strip doesn’t usually work like that. It works like Corrosive. Corrosive takes the armor value of the enemy and reduces it by 25% per status. Each time the Armor strip will become lower and lower because that becomes the enemies new max armor. At 20%, it would take about 30 some casts to strips a high level enemy’s armor. You might as well use Corrosive.

He did say 20% with a a power strength of 100%.  Meaning that percentage would go higher with more power strength in the build while also allowing it to synergize with Crush.

I like that idea.  Truthfully I didn't even realize that it was suppose to strip armor until recently.  I had always used it to buff party shields and debuff corpus shields.  Usually when I played Mag against grineer it was quite easy to miss what was happening due to all the other chaos going on.  

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ability Range effects its range while duration effects the pulse travel time.  My range is at 12.8 meters.  That range doesn't change with duration.  I guess you could say duration effects how fast it effects enemies within that range.  

edit: I double checked both on the wiki and ingame to verify stats while I made this post.  

•Mag produces a pulse of magnetic energy that travels outwards over 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds at a speed of 7.5m/s (unaffected by mods).

I was under the assumption that Range Mods were for Explosion Radius like on Molecular Prime.

& Duration affected the actual Polarize AoE like M-Prime AoE

Thanks for the clarification. Learning every day.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

He did say 20% with a a power strength of 100%.  Meaning that percentage would go higher with more power strength in the build while also allowing it to synergize with Crush.

I like that idea.  Truthfully I didn't even realize that it was suppose to strip armor until recently.  I had always used it to buff party shields and debuff corpus shields.  Usually when I played Mag against grineer it was quite easy to miss what was happening due to all the other chaos going on.  

Well that's the problem with the ability. It's hard to see what it does because it's effects are so minimal, it's not even noticeable. I'm stoked you like the idea 

3 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Your example is how it works when it comes to TOTAL armor strips, like Corrosive Procs, Corrosive Projection, Sonic Fracture, Seeking Shuriken, Minelayer, or Fracturing Crush. BUT, I'm talking about BASE armor strip. This is why I capitalized the term BASE. It works like Reckoning or Shattering Impact. Since it works on Base armor, armor value doesn't affect the ability. It basically acts like an additive armor strip. No matter what armor the enemy has, the ability will strip 20% of it. If you use Oberon, you'll see that casting Reckoning on a level 30 heavy gunner in hallowed ground will strip it's armor JUST as fast as a level 145. This is the idea I'm going for with Mag.

Some of her powers have other uses other than damage, so looking at the numbers on dps alone can be tricky.

Pull can generate energy orbs while polarize can replenish shields (overshields when augment. 

In Overwatch, there's Sombra who has a kit that requires a proper sequence/ability loop in order to pull her off. I feel like Mag is like this too based on what I've been reading.  

I see see one player say they loop 2 with 1 with great results, another loops 1 with 4, others say 3,4,3 etc. (I'm open to more tips)

Even the basic 1 with melee/guns or 2 with any primary can keep a Mag player engaged, thinking and experimenting. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

I see see one player say they loop 2 with 1 with great results, another loops 1 with 4, others say 3,4,3 etc. (I'm open to more tips)

Even the basic 1 with melee/guns or 2 with any primary can keep a Mag player engaged, thinking and experimenting.

I like and use all those combinations.  Mag is not boring to play that's for sure, and I like it.  :D

9 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

What the problem is right now is that Mag doesn’t scale well and when she does, she throws efficiency out the window. With Zenurik being removed, she pretty much only has energy Pads or else she wouldn’t be able to do anything. At least Saryn can lower enemies’ health by 1/2 and still get away with it. Mag without a high power Strength low efficiency build is almost useless towards Sortie level content. She’s a caster that lacks any redeeming qualities because she has no energy pool like Saryn, she has no tankiness, she lacks any quick defensive skills that don’t cause her to die anyways, and she lacks reasonable sense in terms of the cost of her abilities. The only redeeming factor is the fact that Magnitize can turn Beam Weapons into gods. Other than those reasonable factors, Mag is only played because either the player wants to challenge themselves or to take a Beam Weapons because the damage is “necessary”. 

asides from energy issues (i only sometimes run into the issue due to runing a 175 eff build) I somewhat covered some of those issues you were talking about

her tankiness is spose to come from her shields which is easy to replace via polorize (more so with augment. but shield tanking is a WHOLE nother ball game we are NOT discusing here. Ill be back on that subject later DE)
I take her often into sorties (number 135 reason I was called a "F**in noob" in sorties by people beneath me) and she doesnt really have the "useless" feel during it.
and eitherway I dont use mag simply cuz i want to make the game hard or use beam weapons (I use cestras and kohm. compensates my need to aim) I use her cuz shes honestly fun If you can fit in her playstyle of targeting primetargets while mowing down the field.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I like and use all those combinations.  Mag is not boring to play that's for sure, and I like it.  :D

I can agree as well. using one to pull everyone up close for a big ole mag hug is fun. (and im sure the 3,4,3 combo came from me XP)
she was my starter frame and i love using her (she cant replace my baby obe ever though)

On 9/29/2017 at 11:36 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I have been playing Mag for a few days and it seems Mag is lackluster in every way. Her DPS is too situational, her armor stripping is useless, her Pull is only slightly useful and overall, she needs some work. I have some proposals for how to make Mag better.

1. Make Polarize work like Shattering Impact.

In case some of you didn’t know, Shattering Impact reduces enemy’s armor by a flat amount based on their base armor. That means it will strip an enemy’s armor within a certain number of hits regardless of level. Some may say that Corrosive is till better but the Higher the enemy’s level, the more shots it requires to strip armor. Shattering Impact doesn’t have this problem making it more ideal for super long endless runs. 

Mag’s Polarize doesn’t scale like that though and at higher levels. The armor strip isn’t worth the price of the ability and even Ash can do it much cheaper. The ability’s main purpose is to reduce the enemy’s defenses but it not efficient and is outclassed by every other ability who’s purpose isn’t to strip defenses. Overall, this is a bad ability.

2. Make Magnitize better for CC.

Magnitize isn’t where it should be. Enemies can easily walk out of the bubble. The pull on Magnitize should be harder and shouldn’t be just a small little slow. Make it slower or else, this ability is pretty much single target.

3. Make Pull scale

With Oberon and Hydroid in the game, it would really be a shame to see this ability get outclassed. It pulls enemies. That’s great but it Pulls them a bit too far. I think she should get a better control of her pull so that it wouldn’t be outclassed by abilities such as Valkyr’s Rip Line. 

4. Crush should scale in damage

Her Ult doesn’t do anything useful for Mag.  It’s kinda helpful for her teammates but Mag herself gets trapped in an animation. It should be changed so that Oberon’s Reckoning doesn’t completely steal her spotlight. Mag should be more useful especially because she’s a starter frame. 

I feel that Mag is completely useless in her current state because the recent buffs to Oberon and Hydroid have made her look like a garbage can. Mag should be much better mostly because she’s a starter! She needs to be better or she needs to be replaced as a starter frame. Volt and Excalibur are better than her by a long shot and I feel that it should be so that all 3 choices would be viable. I know there are Mag mains out there say how I’m just not building her right but that’s simply untrue. She’s not a good frame due to her situational requirements and I feel that that’s not a good frame to start with.

c1VyKhg.jpg

On 9/30/2017 at 6:30 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

To Kill a single Heavy Gunner is enough to warrant a buff. The problem is that she can only kill enemies one at a time. Her Magnitize pull can barely keep anything inside the bubble. Her Polarize can’t even strip armor at level 60 Efficiently. Her Pull is only mediocre compared to the other first abilities we have in game. Ash can kill one at a time but he does it really fast. Mag kills one enemy really slowly even with a low duration build. If she could have multiple bubbles, it might be worth considering her. Enemies aren’t very oftentimes condensed into a single room. Mag isn’t very useful in the context of the game as a whole. A frame that needs Energy Pads constantly to do something isn’t realistic. I don’t know what type of content you guys are doing but I often run missions that are either Sorties or farming nodes. They are all high level content and I can barely survive 10 waves on Akkad or Hydron. There hasn’t been any problem with any frame except Zephyr (currently) and Mag. I do expect Zephyr to get tweaks when her prime comes but I feel like Mag is more lacking than Chroma right now. 

That's definitely a "you" problem, mate.

Ash is a murder-frame. His entire kit is made to kill and can't do anything else, he also can't do it on a room-wide scale with the flick of his wrist like Mag can. He focuses on fewer, more powerful targets. They are two completely different classes so you can't complain that she can't keep up with the only thing he's built to do.

I do think she could use some quality of life adjustments, but she's a very powerful frame. I use her in Sorties regularly, as well and endless missions (which are my favorite).

The problem is you're not willing to try different builds and weapon load outs to see what works with her. You think she sucks because she doesn't play the way you want her to.

On 4/10/2017 at 4:20 AM, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Pull can generate energy orbs while polarize can replenish shields (overshields when augment.

It works like, never. It boosts the base chance by the number it shows on the ability details.

The highest you can get is around 3,5% on kill by PULL. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Ash is a murder-frame. His entire kit is made to kill and can't do anything else, he also can't do it on a room-wide scale with the flick of his wrist like Mag can. He focuses on fewer, more powerful targets. They are two completely different classes so you can't complain that she can't keep up with the only thing he's built to do.

I do think she could use some quality of life adjustments, but she's a very powerful frame. I use her in Sorties regularly, as well and endless missions (which are my favorite).

The problem is you're not willing to try different builds and weapon load outs to see what works with her. You think she sucks because she doesn't play the way you want her to.

But the problem with Mag is that she’s very rarely ever used and the fact that she requires so many good mods to make her usable. She is very powerful but lacks the capability to do anything that other frames can’t do better. Her Armor stripping is easily outclassed by Ash, her Magnitize is completely unnecessary damage but I only affects one enemy because the pull is so weak. Even with a huge range, she can’t take on enemies in a large room. If you’re going to use her for damage, why not just go with Saryn, if you’re going with CC, then Vauban pretty much outclasses her. She lacks a role that would benefit the team more than anything other frame. Of course this is my opinion but I feel like she shouldn’t even be a starter because she is so “advanced”.

The CC from crush barely lasts longer than the animation without an augment. The damage from Polarize does not scale into sorties. Having to spend 75% of your energy just to strip armor is a bit costly. (Crush plus 2 polarize with the Crush augment) Very low surviveability. With only 1 reliable skill Mag does need some work. She is playable and can succeed and even do top damage in some cases. The only reason magnetize is good is because it scales with weapon damage. All her other skills don't scale at all.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

But the problem with Mag is that she’s very rarely ever used and the fact that she requires so many good mods to make her usable. She is very powerful but lacks the capability to do anything that other frames can’t do better. Her Armor stripping is easily outclassed by Ash, her Magnitize is completely unnecessary damage but I only affects one enemy because the pull is so weak. Even with a huge range, she can’t take on enemies in a large room. If you’re going to use her for damage, why not just go with Saryn, if you’re going with CC, then Vauban pretty much outclasses her. She lacks a role that would benefit the team more than anything other frame. Of course this is my opinion but I feel like she shouldn’t even be a starter because she is so “advanced”.

Which is why i do agree she needs some adjustments, but she is in the niche of "jack of all trades" which means she will never be the best at anything, like Oberon. Now, with that said, Oberon received a great rework that makes him very powerful as well. Again, he's not the strongest healer or dps or the most durable, but he's good enough at each thing he does to make him useful. That's what they need to do with Mag. But she should never be as good at single target as Ash, or as powerful control as Vauban. These are frames that can only do one thing so they do it exceptionally. No frame should really be able to handle a "large room" easily, but she does have enough radius to cover large areas, and her Polarize is based on duration not range in case that helps.

Unforunately for Mag, she's received a rework already. Which means you shouldn't hold your breath on her getting changed again for a few years unless DE is bored and has nothing better to work on. The reworks have reached a point where they are synced up with their impending Prime frames so unless they come across a frame they deem good as-is they aren't going to have time to look over old frames again in between Prime Access. 

On 2017. 10. 03. at 10:16 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Isnt duration only affects the active time of it and not its expansion?

I once made a mag build with the lowest possible duration and highest range and the wave died before it could reach the maximum range.

If I recall correctly duration affects the travel time of polarize. 

Polarize is where is at's for me. Ordosan's 3,4,3 is so efficient 

For CC, the map + radar lets you know when it's time to use either Pull or Polarize > Crush. Classic MOBA strat that I applied to Hysteria since I can't see anything but this applies to everyone. 

Magnetize I prefer to build on boss or capture runs where the bubble needs to last so you and the team can fill it with dps. Otherwise, I don't see the need to copy snowglobe or cataclysm (just yet)

Polarize's ability to top off the team's shields while reducing the opponents' armor means Mag can play as a hybrid support. This was evident on a hijack mission when  Mag literally turned into a shield generator. 

The key is to play her like a Trinity/Oberon and always keep a good look at the team's health meters. Know their numbers and top them off with Polarize. 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El