The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag should be the next frame DE should look at

(PSN)TertulSee

31 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

It’s been a few weeks now and I still think she can’t handle the content I put her against. She’s not good against any of the factions mostly either because of Nullifiers, too much armor or not enough CC. I’ve ran several builds and none of them work out the way they should. I feel that if her Augment for Crush had the cap removed, she would be more valuable to a team. What can you do when the rest of your team can do your job but better? I guess nothing. Even with a Trinity, she can only do so much and provides very little when put in a coordinated team situation. When not put in a coordinated team, she can only do so much that would rather be filled by another frame. She has no role. She only has a meh role for everything. She doesn’t even have a Niche use. Not entirely useless but she has a lot of problems. If you give me a build, I can probably test it and see how you guys use Mag. But she eats energy too quickly and it’s pretty much an unrealistic amount.

Interesting.  I'm not even a Mag main, and every time I play her in groups I end up completely controlling the battlefield.  Not trying to be mean but maybe the problem you have isn't the frame at all.  Just saying.  :D

Nothing wrong with that.  Maybe another frame might fit you better.  :D

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I worked in a ship repair yard, doing security with ex military.  Profanity and expletives don't bother me.

Lol oh yeah, roofer over here. Couldn't get a day without someone commenting on the contractor wife's rack, or my girlfriend's. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

It’s been a few weeks now and I still think she can’t handle the content I put her against. She’s not good against any of the factions mostly either because of Nullifiers, too much armor or not enough CC. I’ve ran several builds and none of them work out the way they should. I feel that if her Augment for Crush had the cap removed, she would be more valuable to a team. What can you do when the rest of your team can do your job but better? I guess nothing. Even with a Trinity, she can only do so much and provides very little when put in a coordinated team situation. When not put in a coordinated team, she can only do so much that would rather be filled by another frame. She has no role. She only has a meh role for everything. She doesn’t even have a Niche use. Not entirely useless but she has a lot of problems. If you give me a build, I can probably test it and see how you guys use Mag. But she eats energy too quickly and it’s pretty much an unrealistic amount.

I am gonna take a guess and say you're a melee player primarily, because playing melee mag is not really her forte. It can be done and has a way of being done (melee main over here), but one thing you should know, mag is very adamant on maintaining distance, so with fracturing crush, I wouldn't even go for stripping armor until you're comfortable with this style. Go for high range, high duration, good efficiency and see how it feels. This combo is very good at keeping enemies on the ground. It acts like a recastable rhino stomp. If you can throw in zenurik energy gain, that'd be awesome too. Give it a shot. You might like it.

13 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

MAGnatize is OP as hell on sortie bosses.

If you kill it within 2 uses of Magnetise.

Now say you don't bring a Tigris Prime, or say the boss doesn't accept Magnetise damage redirection (hi Sargas), or has gated damage/frequent immunity/Sortie enhancements that stop you from basically annihilating them.

Your magnetise now lasts 2 seconds. Most of which is basically an animation lock (but at least you can move now). Diminishing Duration on boss-types caps far too high, but that's not just a Mag thing. CC becoming worth less time than an Impact stagger is ridiculous.

So that's why my bubbles got weird with Vay Hek it was built in to shorten after a few runs

After a while though some boss battles came down to precision aim with their exposed weak spots that you can wiki

It's just that when those exposed weaknesses are open and they are bubbled, they do receive the force of your setup and you see it in the numbers going from 0 to the thousands

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El