Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Concept] Grineer Artic Corp, ongoing Concept Project

Dex_Actre

So I came up with the idea, which I realize isn't new probably...But the Artic Maps that the corpus mostly hold for quite a while could possibly have a new grineer type that will be able to cope with the harsh environment they face. I have a piece of Concept Art, but I would like to hear opinions from the community.

Grineer Arctic Elite Lancer and Trooper Concept Art

grineer_arctic_elite_trooper_concept_artgrineer_arctic_elite_lancer_concept_art_

Grineer Arctic Elite Ballista  and Shield Lancer Concept Art

grineer_arctic_ballista_concept_art_by_agrineer_arctic_shield_lancer_concept_art

Edited by Dex_Actre

The idea is cool, and i like it. But i don't think it would make sense too much, because grineer like heat, and toxin. 1 grineer on earth = 1 square kilometer of literal pollution. They probably smell like a mixture of ash, gas, and sweat. They most likely smell very sour. Because they don't have access to cold planets. When i think of cold, i think of cleanliness. Of course, i wouldn't feel very comfortable standing next to them, they probably don't smell that bad. They're probably really clean. That got sidetracked a slight bit, but what i'm saying is, i like the idea, i like the art, but because of the grineer's personality and interests, they wouldn't really fit in cold areas. 

I agree actually with whats been said, my thoughts led to me thinking that the Grineer are trying to access the large deposits of materials for the ongoing mission of expansion, whilst continuing to damage the economics of the Corpus, who knows, But I'm planning on getting some other units drawn up.

Oooooooo! I like the "full profile" style on this invader unit of yours. Makes me think I'd see these fellas descending from sheer glacial faces with those ice-talons of their's, have us fight these clowns vertical alongside being shot at by the Corpus from below. Also kinda picture them having really muffled voices, like someone trying to talk through a pair of sweatshirts.

Hehe, if you ever happen to run out of personal projects, I'd be quite interested in talking to you about a personal project a mine. Till then, lookin forward to see what you have ahead for us if your gonna keep deliverin quality like dis here cold-hearted chap!

4 hours ago, Dex_Actre said:

So I came up with the idea, which I realize isn't new probably...But the Artic Maps that the corpus mostly hold for quite a while could possibly have a new grineer type that will be able to cope with the harsh environment they face. I have a piece of Concept Art, but I would like to hear opinions from the community.grineer_artic_elite_lancer_concept_art_b

Create concept, I really like it. But I'm thinking, if the Grinner will have their own Arctic unit, then the Corpus will have to have their very own too, right? 

Also, just a quick question, @Dex_Actre, will this just be one enemy unit, or will there be a Arctic variation of every single enemy Grinner unit? So you'll have Arctic Seekers, Arctic Heavy Gunners, Arctic Butchers, etc.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)x Or4ngeP33ls x said:

Create concept, I really like it. But I'm thinking, if the Grinner will have their own Arctic unit, then the Corpus will have to have their very own too, right? 

Also, just a quick question, @Dex_Actre, will this just be one enemy unit, or will there be a Arctic variation of every single enemy Grinner unit? So you'll have Arctic Seekers, Arctic Heavy Gunners, Arctic Butchers, etc.

Working on the Trooper Version at the moment, However process is slow with it as I'm going through Inktober and College as well....so ya :P

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Oooooooo! I like the "full profile" style on this invader unit of yours. Makes me think I'd see these fellas descending from sheer glacial faces with those ice-talons of their's, have us fight these clowns vertical alongside being shot at by the Corpus from below. Also kinda picture them having really muffled voices, like someone trying to talk through a pair of sweatshirts.

Hehe, if you ever happen to run out of personal projects, I'd be quite interested in talking to you about a personal project a mine. Till then, lookin forward to see what you have ahead for us if your gonna keep deliverin quality like dis here cold-hearted chap!

Might have to wait a while, going to go through the 'set'...But when I'm finshed

• 2 weeks later...

Tasty addition to your collection suh! Might wanna consolidate it into the front page a this one though, made that mistake to many times in my own concepting before I wised up and started front-pageing it so folks diddn't get put off by a need for diggin.

As an aside, how far into the tree a enemies ya goin? Blubbery Arctic Drahk+ Master perhaps?

On 10/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, Unus said:

Tasty addition to your collection suh! Might wanna consolidate it into the front page a this one though, made that mistake to many times in my own concepting before I wised up and started front-pageing it so folks diddn't get put off by a need for diggin.

As an aside, how far into the tree a enemies ya goin? Blubbery Arctic Drahk+ Master perhaps?

Gonna do the main units at the moment, Might create a couple of my own, but I do have other Art to work on, so we shall see....

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I know it's not entirely practical, but Grineer Commanders or Bombards might look epic asf if they wore open faced helmets but with a layer of feral kubrow fur around their head. 

U know...I could totally see that...but maybe for like a boss or a specialized class....A Tundra Hunter or something.....quite a good idea :)

Edited by Dex_Actre

Oooooo, hehehe, I noticed you also custom painted the guns, Oh say can you say "Tennogen Arctic Ops?"

Also, it'd be interesting if these fellows would be in the arctic tundra of Venusia. Not as the ONLY enemies this time, but, rather, as opposition for the Corpus occupiers. The Corps would have the luxury of bases and heat and light while the Grins would have to squat at the map edges losing fingers and spitting expletives.

• 1 month later...