Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea on how to improve melee wall attacks (attacks performed while latching to a wall)

Artekkor

Issue: wall attacks are useless and nobody uses them ever.

Reason: not only you have to wall-latch to perform it - the attack itself is a simple attack in the air much similiar to attack mid-air and to hit your target is not a guarantee.
On some weapons its absolutely worthless.

Proposition: make it so that the wall-attack is an attack that can be performed on a selected enemy target for tons of damage.
How it will work: you wall-latch, aim at a particular target and do a melee attack. Warframe leaps towards that particular target with lighting speed and strikes it down with 100% chance to hit it for a massive damage.
Maybe even knocks it down to combo it into a ground-finisher.
Or staggers it for a normal one (even better!)

Edited by Artek94

Before I read the post, I was thinking, "If you do an attack while jumping towards a wall, the warframe will instead auto-jump off of the wall towards the nearest enemy." (pending jump range, of course) After reading the post, both can exist simultaneously. As in, if you wall latch and aim at an enemy, a wall attack will occur on that enemy, but if you're just bounding around and accidently jump attack a wall, it'll become more useful.

I like that idea. Turning it into a mid-ranged single-target killshot sounds awesome.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:05 AM, Bluey-EN- said:

i have a better idea. Remove them. Nobody uses them.

This sounds great too. If wall attacks were replaced with the basic directional melee (with a boost towards where you're looking, of course) that would increase their functionality by 10000% while keeping things simple.

+9999 OP 

clear the OP understands exactly what the current issue/problem is and exactly how to fix it, i would support this 1000% 

tranforming the currently useless wall-latch-'atk' into a wall-latch-targetedlockonbulletjumpesquelaunch-atk would be excellent and would finally make it a viable tool in our arsenal