Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the whole second dream spoiler still a thing?

(PSN)watt4hem

The second dream and the operator was a big hit to most of us since we've literally played for years thinking we are the frames or atleast actually wore them, and i can totally see why you'd want to preserve those surprises.

But from a new player's prespective, i think it doesn't matter as much. I personally think the massive spoiler tagging is not needed anymore, it's like going to watch star wars for the first time and already knowing luke's daddy is vader.

Not spoiling it is still awesome, but there'll be more operator content to come, i think people keen on trying warframe would already atleast saw a thing or two about operator stuff.

I tried wording this topic for an hour and it still came out a tad bit sloppy... Sorry if it's a little weird to read...

Regardless, opinon?

I'd say that no, you don't technically need to plaster spoiler warnings on very thing you post that relates to TSD. Same probably applies to TWW. 

With that said, it is nice to avoid spoiling it for people out of courtesy. I usually put a tag in the title and at the beginning of the post just so people know that it contains possible spoilers. 

It won't be this mind blowing experience to newer players, but it's still nice to let them discover tsd on their own.

Many probably don't even know it's something major to be spoiled anyway. For them it's more about experiencing how everything connects than it is about the mystery of the operators existence.

With the new twitch prime rewards and the upcoming poe new players are coming more and more to the game, so i think it is indeed a spoiler.

I remember of a youtuber called skill up that did an opinion video after playing TSD and one of the things he liked the most was that everyone told him to do the mission but no one spoiled it to him.

I think the biggest part from the impact of the quest is the surprise factor. I wouldnt have liked for another player to ruin ut for me when i played it at release; thats why i hope everyone gets the same feelings i got from that quest.

So even if its not spoilers anymore; dont take that as freedom to spoil it and ruin it for other players

Imo it doesnt matter how old it is. It's a huge part of the lore plot that is not hinted/advertised anywhere. People don't get into the game knowing things about them unless they google after reading people talking about them. They're just space ninja robots that discover the truth. I'm relatively new (been playing since a couple of weeks before oberon prime came out) and I didn't know a single thing about the operators, nor that they existed until I did the quests, was actually a surprise (a good one). I'm glad it wasn't spoiled for me back then, and I'm pretty sure new players would appreciate not being spoiled too.

Edited by Kiwinille

21 minutes ago, kyori said:

PoE have stall that sells operator stuffs, so definitely new players will know before even playing TSD.

To be fair, the stall only showed empty suits, and iirc when baro brought operator stuff, theyvdidn't show up for people who haven't done second dream. So i'd say they'd only get hints on the level of the glitch messages back then, no real spoilers.

4 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Why would you even want to spoil for others anyway? You can simply refer to events without being specific and people who already know will know, and those who don't will not. No spoilers that way.

Nah, it's not that i want to spoil it(hek, i even hide before using transference if someone's low mr). it's just that, it's just a bit weird putting spoiler tags every single time people wanna talk about it given it's almost 2 years old. Not that spoiling new players is okay, at all

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

I started less than a month ago and completed TSD soon after. It was no spoiler to me that we were operators and were either in the Warframe/Prime or controlling it via Bluetooth (lol).

What surprised me was that I would turn invisible, shoot beams and dash in mid-air.

But I think we're past the spoiler territory just like how everyone knows Vader was Luke's father

The thing is, never spoil anything for anyone.

I think it's good if you don't activate your #5 if you're in sight of under MR5 people, I usually go a bit further away to activate it.

TSD is a great quest and personally I wouldn't wanna ruin the surprise for anyone.

Well....no lol. Like others have pointed out already, you don't need to tag anything and everything relating to story-driven quests and other specific spoilers, but as long you mention before hand you're going into spoiler territory, you should be good.

Also for everyone saying and assuming new players already know about Operators.....you don't know how many MR 5 and under newer players I run into that know nothing about the Operator, The Second Dream quest, etc, etc.

I remember feeling like S#&$ when I used my aura ability one time on Earth and they asked me what that was / if it was a ghost ability or something and I had to dance around the question lol. Luckily they didn't think much of it but still. It's why I make sure not to use my Operator when I see a new player that has a very low MR rank, or if I do, I do ways away where they womt be able to see it or hear it.

But yes, don't underestimate how many people start playing the game with absolutely no knowledge of it prior (likely because of things like Steam recommendations and such).

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Here's my few cents.

Whenever I enter a mission and there's anyone that's mastery rank 7 or under, I check and see if they have the Operator on their profile. If they don't, I try as hard as I can not to use Transference in any form or fashion. But if I do need to use it for something, I make sure that I get out of eyesight. But when do I ever need to use Transference anyway? I can survive without it. It only gives me the bonus of being able to turn enemies into stone with melee hits. Anyone who sees that isn't surprised. They usually think it's a mod of some sort. But other than that, I can use Transference to turn armies of enemies to stone with ease. 

Spoiler

I bet you guys could have guessed that I chose Unairu as my Focus school. I've stuck with it ever since to prove that it's not useless like everyone thinks it is. Everyone seems to think that Naramon and Zenurik are the only useful schools. 

Spoiler

That and I am an intense RPer.

If I'm doing missions on Neptune or further, I don't bother with hiding the "Ghost" Transference. We get the quest from the Neptune Junction, and I'm sure that by the time people get to Neptune, they have heard a thing or two about The Second Dream being a piece of genius. Then from Pluto and further, I use any kind of Transference I want, whenever I want.