Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe and/or Gunblade?

Thenicestpsycho

Well the Tenno are masters of Gun and Blade, so now they can use both at the exact same time,

And the scythe....would be pretty damn cool is the best arguement I can say.

Hell maybe you can make a Scythe that shoots Heavy bolts out the end of the handle, make a Gunscythe.

(Alright that maybe pushing it, but it would be pretty pimp.)

Pistol sword is a ridiculous concept. It is too heavy for a pistol and too heavy for a blade. Fire a limited amount of ammunition compared to pistol.

However, Tenno live in a far future - They probably be able to fix these problems. But as Fenrisulfr posted - bayonet all the way.

Before I invoke the rule of cool, I'd like to know why you think so.

It actually worked great in FF8. You didn't fire the bullets per se, but used the shock and impact from the /gunfire/ to create more damage the moment you hit an enemy. So you slash, the moment you hit, pull the trigger, the sword now turns into a sci-fi term often called Vibro blade, dealing additional damage, perfect against armors and flesh alike.

It actually worked great in FF8. You didn't fire the bullets per se, but used the shock and impact from the /gunfire/ to create more damage the moment you hit an enemy. So you slash, the moment you hit, pull the trigger, the sword now turns into a sci-fi term often called Vibro blade, dealing additional damage, perfect against armors and flesh alike.

go FF8 wooooo

For your viewing pleasure, a short piece by a pretty skilled action animator, Monty Oum.

Little Red Riding Hood with a friggin Gunscythe!

WTB that gunscythe in warframe!

*throws money at the screen*

Nothing is happening :(

Edited by Karzak

WTB that gunscythe in warfram!

*throws money at the screen*

Nothing is happening :(

I know, I tried. So much I need a new screen T_T

It could be cool. The first two slashes are weaker aoe than axe but wider, the third is a blast from the tip launching a single enemy back like a BO.

The charge is a so-so shotgun blast?

Do I really have to be that so-much-ridiculously-obvious-thing-that-it's-$&*&*#(%& guy and note that this game isn't friggin anime?

Although I am generally against unnecessary realism in order to maximize fun factor in games, there are certain limitations that each universe should and must uphold, and if this particular one crosses into anime ridiculousness, I will start killing people. For real.

Do I really have to be that so-much-ridiculously-obvious-thing-that-it's-$&*&*#(%& guy and note that this game isn't friggin anime?

Although I am generally against unnecessary realism in order to maximize fun factor in games, there are certain limitations that each universe should and must uphold, and if this particular one crosses into anime ridiculousness, I will start killing people. For real.

Yes, because running on walls while you shoot a shotgun is not anime-ish at all, not to mention pulverizing enemies into a red mist with a single charge. A battle reinforced scythe is so much weirder than a pistol shooting spikes bigger than the pistol itself with enough force to propel an enemy 100 meters. Edited by tyki11

You assume that "ridiculousness" scale is linear, meaning that going up or down on it you will find yourself in any type of fantasy. Its not. I don't like anime style. That doesn't mean I don't like other types of equally ridiculous fantasy stuff.

Furthermore, besides couple of obvious bugs (bolts and ragdoll models), wall running at least serves purpose and could actually serve purpose in real world, and is consistent with super-human theme set in Warframe. Gunscythes are not. In different scenario, I would most definitely find them cool. But not here.

You assume that "ridiculousness" scale is linear, meaning that going up or down on it you will find yourself in any type of fantasy. Its not. I don't like anime style. That doesn't mean I don't like other types of equally ridiculous fantasy stuff.

Furthermore, besides couple of obvious bugs (bolts and ragdoll models), wall running at least serves purpose and could actually serve purpose in real world, and is consistent with super-human theme set in Warframe. Gunscythes are not. In different scenario, I would most definitely find them cool. But not here.

I don't assume anything. I just don't treat the word /anime/ as a catch-all phrase for silly things. There's plenty good anime out there with not too over the top shenagigans and decent combat scenes, such as Darker than Black, FMA: Brotherhood or Sword Art Online without the gagging Kawaii~ S#&$e.

Then again, I've always loved the visual aspect of a large scythe, so I'm a bit biased when I say I'd like to see a guy in a bio-metal suit slicing and dicing grineer with a large scythe rather than say, a medieval axe.

Yeah, I can relate to your perspective. Personally, I'd like to see scythe as melee weapon in game. Not gunscythe. You do have admit, it is of rather anime-ish type. Particularly because of earlier posted video.

Scythe as melee weapon (similar to scindo/frago, albeit faster) would definitely be nice.

Yeah, I can relate to your perspective. Personally, I'd like to see scythe as melee weapon in game. Not gunscythe. You do have admit, it is of rather anime-ish type. Particularly because of earlier posted video.

Scythe as melee weapon (similar to scindo/frago, albeit faster) would definitely be nice.

Yeah, I kinda get it. Difference in opinion I suppose. To me a gun in the handle of the scythe is so, how to say it. Underwhelming compared to the moves the blade can do that it's pretty much "Eh, whatever." if the gun is there or not, as long as I can swing the scythe.