Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe and/or Gunblade?

Thenicestpsycho

Get your Final Fantasy out of my Warframe!

Gunblades have been a popular concept besides being in FF, consider it more like a Bayonet attached to your gun, I'm not trying to suggest we overhaul the Tenno into a bunch of spiky haired, feminine men with big swords, but I still stand by scythes and gunblades being neat.

I could see a gunblade working in this game. It could act like a primary/melee hybrid, as in when you equip it, it equips into both slots. While you have your primary equipped you can shoot it like a normal gun and swing it. When you are using your pistol you can't fire the gunblade, but you can still swing it. +1 man!

Also, when I think of a gunscythe I like to think of what Brynhildr is using in this battle

cut to about 3:38.

For your viewing pleasure, a short piece by a pretty skilled action animator, Monty Oum.

Little Red Riding Hood with a friggin Gunscythe!

i guess that guy is responsible for the awesome animation in rvb, if so he rules. also thanks for the link it was awesome.

For your viewing pleasure, a short piece by a pretty skilled action animator, Monty Oum.

Little Red Riding Hood with a friggin Gunscythe!

http://www.youtube.c...E16074FDB02558B

I'd love to have a 2 foot tall warframe lolli with a shotgun transforming scythe. No perv intendid. Just looks dope.

Or possibly since transforming is not futuristic enough, maybe a... hmm... a partical forming transformation instead? Like air particles combining to shotgun>scythe // scythe>shotgun

... Yup.

Edited by Resolveee

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/2447418497_91e45e40c9.jpg

Add a chainsaw to the end, and there you go.

EDIT: How do you guys embed images on your posts?

Whatever i ctrl-v in Internet Explorer, comes pre-formated and i can't modify the BB code. In chrome, ctrl-v doesn't work. This is the most frustrating forum i've ever participated in.

Edited by ruivoml

EDIT: How do you guys embed images on your posts?

Whatever i ctrl-v in Internet Explorer, comes pre-formated and i can't modify the BB code. In chrome, ctrl-v doesn't work. This is the most frustrating forum i've ever participated in.

Right click desired image -> copy image -> paste in reply box. For chrome anyway. Wouldn't touch IE so that's anybody's guess.

Personally i liked how phantasy star online 2 handled this problem with gunblades that transformed depending on whether or not they were in shoot mode or slash mode.

Also switch axes are pretty rad.

Transforming weapons in general really.

Right click image, then select copy image url. After that, go to post and past between [ img ] URL HERE [/ img ] with no spaces.

Yeah, that's basic BB indeed, and i understand it. However, it doesn't work with me. My main browser (Chrome) does not paste anything in the reply text box, no matter where i copy it from.

However, on internet explorer, the ctrl-v works. However when i ctrl-v an URL, the reply text box automatically detects that it is an URL and adds the "" to it. Here, let me show you an example:

[url=

Right click image, then select copy image url. After that, go to post and past between [ img ] URL HERE [/ img ] with no spaces.

And now look at the above post. I wrote it all in chrome, then copied it and pasted it on a reply box to this very thread in Internet Explorer, and then pasted the image URL between the %7Boption%7D tag.

As a result, not only didn't the embedded image not work, but this blood BB forum also added tags to all my lines and converted them to grey.

At this point i'm pretty sure that there's either a gremlin inside my computer, or i'm being trolled by someone from DE staff.

Personally i liked how phantasy star online 2 handled this problem with gunblades that transformed depending on whether or not they were in shoot mode or slash mode.

Also switch axes are pretty rad.

Transforming weapons in general really.

So like everyone here loves the idea of having utility in their melee weapons, that much I seem to grasp. The problem is implementation. Having a weapon that could do everything defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons and choices to pick from and also destroys balance as there's no drawbacks for the player if their weapon is suddenly the right one for every situation. It's a neat idea, but not for this game.

On top of that, this game isnt setup to accomodate such an intricate feature that would require the player switching stances or modes on the fly.

Also these ideas, I hate to be negative here, are a bit too cliche. Now if something like an energy whip that can lash and slice foes in half like a hot knife through butter were brought up, i'd say hey that's a great idea because it falls inside of the design spectrum this game follows.

I would rather focus on what this game needs i terms of holes or gaps to fill.

Right now we have short and medium ranged weapons, but nothing longe range. This can be troublesome for dealing with those tightly packed or ranged situations were players have guns and that's it. Implementing a Laser Whip, Energy Shurikens, Beam Greasword that shoots energy waves on charge attacks, etc. etc. could fill the gap on range and promote a melee friendly approach to gameplay for players looking to not rely on guns.

This brings upa whole new issue, which i wont go into on this topic, and that's stylistic kiling and executions. There's plenty of room for growth in the melee department and i'm sure well see some good changes in the future.

So like everyone here loves the idea of having utility in their melee weapons, that much I seem to grasp. The problem is implementation. Having a weapon that could do everything defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons and choices to pick from and also destroys balance as there's no drawbacks for the player if their weapon is suddenly the right one for every situation. It's a neat idea, but not for this game.

I dunno, having a "full weapon" that occupied all 3 weapon slots and switched between ranged/melee modes could easily be designed to have some major drawbacks. For example: not having a sidearm when you're out of ammo, meaning you're now dedicated to melee (and limited to whatever range your gun has). Or not having access to "quick melee" , requiring you to switch modes to melee before you can..err melee. (or having a less effective quick melee while in gun mode and vice versa). Not to mention you'd have to make a choice between split effectiveness or a focus on range or melee while modding it.

Every game with switch(or dual function) weapons i've seen so far has had downsides to using them .

On top of that, this game isnt setup to accomodate such an intricate feature that would require the player switching stances or modes on the fly.

It depends on how far they wanna take it but yeah it would take longer thant just throwing in another sword.

Also these ideas, I hate to be negative here, are a bit too cliche. Now if something like an energy whip that can lash and slice foes in half like a hot knife through butter were brought up, i'd say hey that's a great idea because it falls inside of the design spectrum this game follows.

Oh oh like one of these, i loved those.

I would rather focus on what this game needs i terms of holes or gaps to fill.

Right now we have short and medium ranged weapons, but nothing longe range. This can be troublesome for dealing with those tightly packed or ranged situations were players have guns and that's it. Implementing a Laser Whip, Energy Shurikens, Beam Greasword that shoots energy waves on charge attacks, etc. etc. could fill the gap on range and promote a melee friendly approach to gameplay for players looking to not rely on guns.

Maybe a big pinwheel shuriken that can be thrown/charge thrown and returns to the player.