Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe and/or Gunblade?

Thenicestpsycho

yes thats the one plus a chakram weapon would be good lol

That's not a bad Idea, maybe you could use it as a boomerang type weapon, also maybe the scythe I was thinking of could be like the sarigama and have a chain on the blade so it could detach from the handle and could be swung around for more range, sounds op but I think less damage than the axe or hammer, but more range and speed is okay.

Kusarigama (chain sickle) probably going to work like Golem's pull ability.

Melee = normal slash

Charge melee = throw chain at the enemy and pull the victim toward you and stun him.

Charge melee against flying target = apply armor-ignoring gamage with weight that attached to the chain.

If it can't deal charge damage like normal then it could have movement assisting mode. Throw the chain and pull yourself to higher ground?

Oh oh like one of these, i loved those.

Maybe a big pinwheel shuriken that can be thrown/charge thrown and returns to the player.

Yup there's a perfect example of what could work. There also needs to be ranged weps that serve a special purpose, like say a paralyzing blow dart gun to help keep a guard from hitting the alert button without making noise with your gun. Idk but I would love to see the stealth aspect of this game have a much stronger presence. I would also love to see players be rewarded for being stealthy at the mission completion screen. Maybe a chance to get a special blueprint or something would be cool.

My ideas

Scythe = Epic

Heavy Swords = Epic

Gun Scythes = requires evolution of combat/combo system to encorperate full use otherwise would be half wasted

Gun Blade = requires evolution of combat/combo system to encorperate full use otherwise would be half wasted

Switch Axe = requires evolution of combat system to encorperate full use otherwise would be half wasted

Transformable Weapons = requires evolution of combat system to encorperate full use otherwise would be half wasted

Whip = could work

Other ideas that where not mentioned, btw at this point might just want to change the title to "weapon ideas"

Guns

Lasers (low damage, high rate of fire, constant beam sorta like the beam trap doors)

pulse lasers (med damage, decent rate of fire, non constant) enemies have these already

rocket launghers? (some enemies have weapons like this

granade/granade launghers

bolto shotgun

crosbow

laser crosbow

heavy cros bow

swords

chainsaws

beam edge swords

diamon swords

lance

explosive hammer

gun lance

I don't think an electric (literally) guitar/scythe would fit in this game.

Lol i'm referring to the new wannabe DMC game. The one you probably didnt touch when you found out it wasn't really dante and just some foul mouthed moron with a terrible voice actor behind him. Fortunately the gameplay is really quite good in that game. The scythe plays quite well.

Lol i'm referring to the new wannabe DMC game. The one you probably didnt touch when you found out it wasn't really dante and just some foul mouthed moron with a terrible voice actor behind him. Fortunately the gameplay is really quite good in that game. The scythe plays quite well.

I know what you were talking about, but I decided to use Nevan from DMC3 as my example, as it sounded more ridiculous. Honestly, the new DMC isn't bad, but it isn't the greatest thing ever.

Edited by RespawningJesus

You guys. I was digging through the game files and you're not going to beleive what I came across. I think it's exactly what everyone here is asking for. Took a screenshot for everyone to see the model. Alert this is a spoiler so don't open it if you don't want to see it.

60s-spider-man.jpg?1308205360

You guys. I was digging through the game files and you're not going to beleive what I came across. I think it's exactly what everyone here is asking for. Took a screenshot for everyone to see the model. Alert this is a spoiler so don't open it if you don't want to see it.

60s-spider-man.jpg?1308205360

2/10, would not read again.