Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK code defence missions

calranthe

1 minute ago, Volkeris said:

And how should they know you weren't using a macro while you were AFK?

macros would have to be client-side and can't be scripted easily for a game like this.  they would have to mimic keyboard AND mouse actions without messing up the gameplay itself.  i'm not skilled in macros, i just use them in tf2 because of simplicity.  coding one for warframe?  nope.  no way at all i'd even get close to that skill level.  besides, an easy way to tell if there is a macro is are the actions identical every time.  for a player, theres a little lag in seeing compared to doing something about the video. for a macro or bot, that would be instant.  for a player, there would be different timing for every instance of the action sequence.  for a macro, it would be the exact same timing every time.  its easy to tell if there is a macro involved, just watch the inputs.  timing will be different for every instance if its an actual player, but macros are automated scripts that give conditionals which CAN'T MIMIC HUMAN INTERACTION.

17 minutes ago, AnonymousUserTheOnly said:

macros would have to be client-side and can't be scripted easily for a game like this.  they would have to mimic keyboard AND mouse actions without messing up the gameplay itself.  i'm not skilled in macros, i just use them in tf2 because of simplicity.  coding one for warframe?  nope.  no way at all i'd even get close to that skill level.  besides, an easy way to tell if there is a macro is are the actions identical every time.  for a player, theres a little lag in seeing compared to doing something about the video. for a macro or bot, that would be instant.  for a player, there would be different timing for every instance of the action sequence.  for a macro, it would be the exact same timing every time.  its easy to tell if there is a macro involved, just watch the inputs.  timing will be different for every instance if its an actual player, but macros are automated scripts that give conditionals which CAN'T MIMIC HUMAN INTERACTION.

You have no idea how easy it is to get a macro these days. And besides, you expect them to make a code to see if the movements are identical? No, it's easier to see if the player is moving or not.

7 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

You have no idea how easy it is to get a macro these days. And besides, you expect them to make a code to see if the movements are identical? No, it's easier to see if the player is moving or not.

ugh, at least have some way for a player to confirm they aren't afk while the system has them flagged as afk, like a message to reply to or something.  as it stands now, this afk detector is like getting oberon part after oberon part when you never need them

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem is lack in game communication.  Alot of players are unaware of afk timer and most have no idea how it works.  Simple  solution is for the game to tell players when they are about to go afk and when they truly are marked afk.  Then the players can make informed decisions.  Dimming screen and slapping a message across it would strong but do'able (option to toggle on/off in options) "you are afk.  To remove afk status move 10m".  Or a more subtle approach would be to color their names or put afk as a status effect.  I know DE is working hard and alot of the employees are passionate about the work.  But the current system functions like an invisible cop punishing player for crimes they didn't intent to commit and more often then not are entraped to commit.

Edited by (PS4)Zakatalos
Typo

On 10/2/2017 at 3:34 PM, calranthe said:

I think the AFK code or whatever it is that decides if you are not "helpful" in a mission needs looking at, especially in relation to defence missions, If I play my limbo or Banshee I often miss out on rewards due to the game telling me I was not active or helpful enough...

Really ? 90% of kills over 1500 enemies dead from my frame abilities, yes I do not move about a lot or go and grab loot but I am keeping my entire team alive my frames are tweaked and 4-6 forma builds built for purpose and I get punished because I need to stay put.

I am never afk,  lets take my Banshee prime sound quake, I spend 99% of my time in a defence mission on or near to the objective, I keep my eye on the map, the cycle of enemies, conserving energy as much as possible and dropping energy boosters when I can, thus I hardly have time to pick up a focus and then the game tells me that I did not deserve a reward ?

You have to move. Just move around before teh reward. You can spend 5 rounds in sound quake if you want, but just move around late in round 5 and you will be fine.

On November 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Shockwave- said:

You have to move. Just move around before teh reward. You can spend 5 rounds in sound quake if you want, but just move around late in round 5 and you will be fine.

Like I said.  Most don't know how it works.  If your marked afk you stop getting affinity and loot.  So you chill on the defence point with WoF going and you down scope for 4 round, well guess what?  You got next to nothing for it.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Like I said.  Most don't know how it works.  If your marked afk you stop getting affinity and loot.  So you chill on the defence point with WoF going and you down scope for 4 round, well guess what?  You got next to nothing for it.

To be fair, that doesn't sound like playing the game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Using a skill, fireing a weapon and defending.  Thats "not playing"?  To be fair explain what is.

A skill that requires zero input from the user. The only things he kills with the gun are enemies who haven't entered the range or are too tanky.

2 hours ago, Volkeris said:

A skill that requires zero input from the user. The only things he kills with the gun are enemies who haven't entered the range or are too tanky.

Oh iI get it now.  You and me are talking about differt parts of the game.  Pre 80 is what your describing.  You can run around all you want.  To be fair though you haven't described "playin".  Please keep your response with 80+ content in mind.  Training levels don't apply to a real conversation.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Oh iI get it now.  You and me are talking about differt parts of the game.  Pre 80 is what your describing.  You can run around all you want.  To be fair though you haven't described "playin".  Please keep your response with 80+ content in mind.  Training levels don't apply to a real conversation.

Had they been the "non-training levels", then there wouldn't be a discussion about the AFK code, since people would not be standing in place. I don't get why you even brought up the high levels, as if that makes your point any more valid.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Since you don't realize the style changes the farther you play, then your not the person I wanna debate with.  GL HF.

Yes, the farther you get, the more you need to move or you die. AFK is not a problem for high levels.

On 29/11/2017 at 5:27 AM, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

The biggest problem is lack in game communication.  Alot of players are unaware of afk timer and most have no idea how it works.  Simple  solution is for the game to tell players when they are about to go afk and when they truly are marked afk.  Then the players can make informed decisions.  Dimming screen and slapping a message across it would strong but do'able (option to toggle on/off in options) "you are afk.  To remove afk status move 10m".  Or a more subtle approach would be to color their names or put afk as a status effect.  I know DE is working hard and alot of the employees are passionate about the work.  But the current system functions like an invisible cop punishing player for crimes they didn't intent to commit and more often then not are entraped to commit.

You are the one making the most goddamned sense in this thread. An afk notification even if it's only in chat would help Immensely while not opening the door any wider to macro farming. 

How bout this?  You park your car and go inside a store.  You come out 30min later and find a parking ticket on you car for being there too long.  You look around but fail to see any signs.  Fair?  You didn't know there was a law.  You don't even know when it started.  But when you make your case all the Judge says is "You should have moved your care."  

There is no warning of afk system anywhere in game.  But you're gonna pay.

I have a family.  Getting distracted for 1min is really easy.  Anyone who thinks 1 min is a fair afk timer is a lonely hard core gamer.  

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

I have a family.  Getting distracted for 1min is really easy.  Anyone who thinks 1 min is a fair afk timer is a lonely hard core gamer.  

And you having a family matters how? If you know you will be distracted, don't play endless missions and public, play with friends who will wait for you to be back or solo instead.

Also, calling people "lonely hard core gamers" is very mature of you. Well done.

Edited by Volkeris

5 hours ago, Volkeris said:

And you having a family matters how? If you know you will be distracted, don't play endless missions and public, play with friends who will wait for you to be back or solo instead.

Also, calling people "lonely hard core gamers" is very mature of you. Well done.

Afk has nothing to do with who you play with.  Solo you still get afk flag.  This is a casual co op game.  The afk system sould punish abusive players.  Stay on target please.  And fyi having a family matters on everything.  Asking how it matters is just.._sad.

Strike a nerve did I?  Thicken up that skin.  It's only the truth.

Once again you've ignored the imortant parts.  You attack the low hanging fruit and contribut nothing.  Add to the convention.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Afk has nothing to do with who you play with.  Solo you still get afk flag.  This is a casual co op game.  The afk system sould punish abusive players.  Stay on target please.  And fyi having a family matters on everything.  Asking how it matters is just.._sad.

Strike a nerve did I?  Thicken up that skin.  It's only the truth.

Once again you've ignored the imortant parts.  You attack the low hanging fruit and contribut nothing.  Add to the convention.

Actually, solo pauses the game, educate yourself before responding. Again, if you have a family and know you will be distracted, either adjust how you play, or don't play at all (during the time you can be distracted).

As for your once again mature comment, you're just calling names. I'm not a hard core gamer, I'm just someone who doesn't like people suddenly leaving and leeching. Got something to do? Do it between games. Funny how you assume I'm lonely as well. Shows how insecure you are.

Lastly, you think the 1 minute timer is unfair? How about a person, playing an important role like EV, leaving for that 1 minute (which turns out to be 3-5 minutes) in the middle of a long defense Axi fissure?

Edited by Volkeris

4 hours ago, Volkeris said:

Actually, solo pauses the game, educate yourself before responding. Again, if you have a family and know you will be distracted, either adjust how you play, or don't play at all (during the time you can be distracted).

As for your once again mature comment, you're just calling names. I'm not a hard core gamer, I'm just someone who doesn't like people suddenly leaving and leeching. Got something to do? Do it between games. Funny how you assume I'm lonely as well. Shows how insecure you are.

Lastly, you think the 1 minute timer is unfair? How about a person, playing an important role like EV, leaving for that 1 minute (which turns out to be 3-5 minutes) in the middle of a long defense Axi fissure?

Solo  pauses game, while afk.  Thus mark afk.  No need to split hairs.

Not calling names.  Simply labeling how I see a type.  No abusive or rude words used, you just colored them mean to suite you reasons.  Suddenly leaving and leeching are diff things.  Tell a person not to do somthing because somethings else might happen is bad advice.  Horrible advice actually.  I assume you only respond to parts of my post because they apply to you.  So yeah.

So if that EV was taking care of a bleeding child for one min (which magically turns into five) you would be upset and want them punished.  Again the system should punish abusive players.

You, sorta, tried to stay on topic.   Grats.  But I can see all you want to do is attack, seeking no resolution.  Good day sir.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zakatalos said:

Solo  pauses game, while afk.  Thus mark afk.  No need to split hairs.

Not calling names.  Simply labeling how I see a type.  No abusive or rude words used, you just colored them mean to suite you reasons.  Suddenly leaving and leeching are diff things.  Tell a person not to do somthing because somethings else might happen is bad advice.  Horrible advice actually.  I assume you only respond to parts of my post because they apply to you.  So yeah.

So if that EV was taking care of a bleeding child for one min (which magically turns into five) you would be upset and want them punished.  Again the system should punish abusive players.

You, sorta, tried to stay on topic.   Grats.  But I can see all you want to do is attack, seeking no resolution.  Good day sir.

I'm amazed you managed to exaggerate every single one of my points and misread most things. There truly is no point arguing here.

Regardless of the digression and fun trolling I still stand by original post.  Awareness and communication would solve this problem.  I get that leeching is an issue and does need to be dealt with.  The current system dosn't solve leeching.  It punishes all players who have a 60sec distraction.  Most maps are fairly short, I get that.  1min could be 1/10 of the mission.  So I propose this.  Keep a running score of how many missions a person afks.  Much like tracking G3 or stalker.  One they reach a certain point Lotus shuts their ship for a time.  In game time.  Makes more sense to punish a player whos established a pattern then someone who went to answer the door or got bored because another frame shut them out of the mission.  Add afk to codex.  Then people can educate themselves.  Alot can be done and probably is.  As I said I know DE works hard and this is a minor problem.  I myself have only ran into it one or twice.  I do love me some WF, I just dislike how arbitrary and cold the afk system here feels.  I'd expect this system to be in a hard core pvp game.  Not a casual co op that has abilities/missions that support not moving.  The smarter and more efficient a player is, the likely they'll run into this.  They'll be insulted and confused.  No gaming company would want any of their player base feeling that way.  Especially after a 5 forma build led them their.  All that work, all that power and boom.  You just have too move.  The staple response to afk.  We are humans, 60s can pass in the blink of an eye.  Especially when having fun.  We forget to go loot while talking to other players or we get locked down, banshee has this problem more than most.  Anyways I rambling now.  Thank you DE I know your working hard.

• 1 month later...

@Zakatalosi totally agree with you about there needing to be something that says "you're about to go afk" and "you're afk", just so those who use a frame like a resonating quake built banshee can stop themselves from losing their hard-earned loot over not seeing much reason to move.  besides, the between-wave timer could be lengthened to stop that, since the main reason i was marked afk is because i was staying on the obj because of danger.  the timer's so short i can't run off and grab loot and energy orbs without being in danger of enemies showing up and firing at me.  you've made more sense with both explanation and solution than most of the others talking here.  thanks for all that.  now that i know how to avoid the afk thingy, i can try to avoid it if i go quake banshee on hydron again, and also make sure i get more out of it when i farm exp.