Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Guest Livestreams In Studio Oct. 4th - Oct. 6th

aidan890

Well I definitely wont be watching

1. I have no idea who they are

2. They dont seem to be adding much to the WF community

3. I dont want any more spoilers for the update other than whats already been shown on Prime Time and Devstreams

4. I strongly disagree with giving these people first access to brand new content simply because they have a large audience on their channels

4 1/2. It seems extremely insulting to give these two players only first crack at the new content, when theres players who have been streaming WF for far longer who have contributed more to community content whose channels could use this publicity to help them grow.

Whatever though, guess "I'm just salty" about this content not being out yet and two people getting first crack at it simply because they have larger twitch channels.

• Like 1

While I don't know a ton about AAA game production cycles, from what knowledge I do have, as far as I can tell, DE hasn't put in the tried and true method for calculating time till release.  Double the first estimate, then add an extra 50% (10 days turns into 25 days).  That way you have plenty of time, and if it drops early and everything is done way before the intended release, you get good publicity for it being done quicker than they thought it would be.

And while I understand having schedule conflicts for a quest and having to release it, having the frame available to purchase with premium currency is in poor taste.  I get you make money off of these, but it seems to the general population like rubbing salt in the wound.  Though getting her parts early is a good thing to do to alleviate some anger, I think that the building of the warframe should take less than 3 days once the quest drops for a few days after as to minimize the extra time spent waiting.

As for the streamers, I don't know them, they seem like chill people, I don't have any issues with them being the choice, and most of my opinions on the streaming this early have already been voiced.  Though if you wanted to have people see this in a more positive light, have some sort of system in place similar to the twitch campaign, you get the rewards once the update actually drops, so people feel more inclined to actually watch it.  Granted I don't think it's possible to do that at this point since the stream is tomorrow, just a thought.

I really enjoy warframe, I've been here since the mirage update and I've loved it all this time.  PoE is a big update and I want to see it do well.  And it can be challenging to do this big of an update with this much pressure.  So I hope everything goes well.

• Like 1

while im sad that POE isnt out yet at least we have the roadmap now and know it will be within the next 10 days.

i dont get why people are so upset that two streamers get to have a crack at POE first though thats like being
salty you dont get to play in the beta of a gamesure there are streamers who have been around longer but
DE chose these two and even if you havnt watched either streamer beforeyou might come to like them.

as for GARA being released for plat a week before her quest just so people can enjoy her well shock horror
its almost like the company that makes this F2P game would like to make some money for all their time and effort.
i for one usually grind out a frame but occasionally i splash a bit of cash if i dont have the time to grind for it
and this looks like one of those times.

we all play this game coz we enjoy it dont we and as many long time players will tell you delays arnt anything new
DE has a track record of delays on their big updates but they always produce quality content (yes there have been a few
infested Turds here or there).

and on a final note lay off the streamers guys they play the game  for fun but also for work and so many people criticize them for 
not using there stream to bring up big issues or things of that nature. we dont know what they do off stream they might talk with de
As shul recently said but a stream isnt a place for venting your frustrations at the game its for entertainment.

5 hours ago, giantconch said:

Well I definitely wont be watching

1. I have no idea who they are

2. They dont seem to be adding much to the WF community

3. I dont want any more spoilers for the update other than whats already been shown on Prime Time and Devstreams

4. I strongly disagree with giving these people first access to brand new content simply because they have a large audience on their channels

4 1/2. It seems extremely insulting to give these two players only first crack at the new content, when theres players who have been streaming WF for far longer who have contributed more to community content whose channels could use this publicity to help them grow.

Whatever though, guess "I'm just salty" about this content not being out yet and two people getting first crack at it simply because they have larger twitch channels.

No offence but if you don't know who they are how can you possibly know if they are adding much to the community?

Shul does a HUGE amount for the community especially new and returning players and or others who just need help, he streams for hours and hour most days and all that time people queue up and join him and he does what ever they want to help, I've seen him give mods to people for nothing Rivens weapons everything stuff that most would never do... I played a little 2 years ago and just couldn't get into it. I found it so difficult to know and  learn everything since Warframe doesn't really guide or advise you.. 

I came back 2 weeks ago after watching (another AMAZING content creator who does huge amounts for the community in his guides) iFlynn on YouTube with his "Ultimate Beginners Guide" (which frankly should be listed on Warframe wiki and Warframe Forums). This helped me so damn much and I couldn't wait to get back in.

And after knowing much more than I did 2 years ago (though still much to learn) I can finally get a grasp on the game and I have completed Second Dream (OH MY GOD SO GOOD!) and then The War Within (Again amazing) and I've completed many of the frame quests. And now have not just Excalibur and Nova, but Neckros Prime, Frost Prime, Limbo, Octavia, Sayrn Prime, and today finally got my all time favourite, though it took a lot of trading and grinding to get his parts as hes vaulted, Loki Prime. I couldn't be happier.

And after coming back because of iFlynns videos I found Shul on Twitch and he welcomed me in like many offered all his help, advice. I've played with him over 10 times running LoR, Sorties Farming general stuff. He's great. And well deserving of being there... Listen I'm getting old I'm 36 my 11 old son just started playing because of iFlynn and Shul and he loves it, he's got his friends from school to join up and play and they are all going to make a clan named after the school they go too...

I'm not having a go, trust me but after a several years on twitch I've only ever subbed to one person and never donated... after a week+ solid of him helping me each day running groups and seeing him so excited about this game, loving his viewers and saying amazing things about this community I subbed and sent him some bits...  so show my appreciation for what he does.... Shul is a great guy a huge Warframe fan, and a great community giver for Warframe and there isn't many others who honestly deserve the opportunity in my eyes... :)

I'd of liked to see iFlynn too and I thought it was him but not. As for the other streamer/partner who was invited... well I've only seen him after Shul has hosted/raided his stream once he I don't know him he seems like a great guy. Admittedly in his own words he doesn't stream Warframe that much only once a week on a Saturday, so I think maybe another would of been better choice but from what I have see of him he's a great guy and another who does nothing but help out his community in Warframe so they both deserve this and I hope they grow Bigger and better after it...

And I hope DE drops PoE this weekend Friday (I think they will hehe)

15 hours ago, JustinWood said:

Couldn't you guys have done a survey or something to see if the community at large even wanted this? Why devote resources to this that could be focused on getting PoE out sooner rather than later? It's just disappointing to be so excited to see more news this week only to get an announcement for a partner stream that I personally have no interest in watching.

Ever thought that the only "resources" getting devoted to this is the community team? You know, the team that has nothing to do with the actual development of the game other than PR and creating publicity. Releasing any new product involves more than just putting all resources towards developing it.

You may not be interested in such a stream just as another might not watch a single episode of prime time, whereas someone else might because maybe there's more content to show than they did in the previous devstream/prime time. Does that mean that it's a waste of resources? No it doesn't. 

37 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

This is why we can't have nice things. I know people are disappointed about the time its taking to release but tearing into a couple of streamers over it, focusing all your frustrations at them as if they personally were to blame? Sheesh.

I totally agree with the above, but I also sympathize with the salty people, there frustrated at not really getting info, until of course recently which resolved this. One thing I do wish Warframe would change is the crafting time, been playing The Division lately while waiting for POE to drop, and in that game as long as you have the materials crafting is immediate which I really like. I would suggest playing another game while you wait, unfortunately POE is going to drop when it's going to drop.    

7 hours ago, DelBoyJamie said:

who does nothing but help out his community in Warframe

And this is exactly the Point, tons of us play the Game, offer advice to new Players daily, answear their questions, give them essential mods for free, taxi them to missions if they need it and so on but we do it for free and we do it for everyone and don't expect anything in return. They do it, as you said it yourself, for THEIR Community and only theirs. And why do they do it? Because they need to keep their audience because that is how they make their money.

Don't get me wrong, I get why streaming is a thing (although I don't understand why someone would rather watch someone for hours playing Content you could play yourself) and I get why they do what they do, simply because its how they earn their living. But don't come here and tell me how great it is and how much help these guys have been for the community. Streamers don't offer much help at all, a Youtuber that uploads guides can help (or someone who does the same in Textform on a Forum/Reddit), someone who uploads tips and tricks can help, a Streamer just plays the game and talks with his/her audience while doing so but that isn't helping, that is entertainment. What I will give them is that if they are big enough and START playing Warframe they might get a few other Players interested in the Game but that is only if they are originally a Streamer that focused on a different Game but if they started streaming with Warframe or have been streaming Warframe nearly exclusive for some time then even that isn't the case.

So no they don't do much for THE Community, they do much for THEIR Community and that is a pretty significant difference.

It's true that they are mostly focused on their community, but this is also true for other content creators as well that try to hit certain demographics, whoever I know that streamers try to reach out to people outside their community, streaming or any form of content creation takes a lot of time though, so while they do networking and try to expand, sometimes they are not left with as much time as you think they would have in order to talk or even have an actual impact.

Now going back to the fact they are not being as impactful as other members of Warframe Forums or even reddit that make contributions are a regular basis, I believe this is true, whoever we don't know what kind of feedback they are giving to DE and the fact that they try to publicize the game which I am going to tell you right now they do, streaming partners have to stream the game at least once per week, having been on @InexpensiveGamerstream a few times, he does his best to explain the game and it's mechanics.

Streaming does have a few problems though, it's not like an youtube videos where things are divided into different subjects, if you wanted to know specific information you would have to watch a 5-6 hour stream for example, whoever the advantage is, if you do watch a stream and you asked the streamer directly for some information, he would tell you the information as best as he/she can, the thing that sets InexpensiveGamer and  apart from other streamers that just stream games is that they try to talk not only to their community members in their stream but also to people who go into the chat and ask questions about the game.

Saying that they only help their community is false, they help out whoever reaches out to them and asks them questions.

Edited by SteelSoldier

30 minutes ago, SteelSoldier said:

It's true that they are mostly focused on their community, but this is also true for other content creators as well that try to hit certain demographics, whoever I know that streamers try to reach out to people outside their community, streaming or any form of content creation takes a lot of time though, so while they do networking and try to expand, sometimes they are not left with as much time as you think they would have in order to talk or even have an actual impact.

Now going back to the fact they are not being as impactful as other members of Warframe Forums or even reddit that make contributions are a regular basis, I believe this is true, whoever we don't know what kind of feedback they are giving to DE and the fact that they try to publicize the game which I am going to tell you right now they do, streaming partners have to stream the game at least once per week, having been on @InexpensiveGamerstream a few times, he does his best to explain the game and it's mechanics.

Streaming does have a few problems though, it's not like an youtube videos where things are divided into different subjects, if you wanted to know specific information you would have to watch a 5-6 hour stream for example, whoever the advantage is, if you do watch a stream and you asked the streamer directly for some information, he would tell you the information as best as he/she can, the thing that sets InexpensiveGamer and  apart from other streamers that just stream games is that they try to talk not only to their community members in their stream but also to people who go into the chat and ask questions about the game.

Saying that they only help their community is false, they help out whoever reaches out to them and asks them questions.

As soon as you are in their Stream you are part of their Community and by interacting with you they are trying to keep you there. I'm not saying that this is bad or wrong but this is how it is. But I'm asking you this have you ever seen them just go to the relay and offer help to new Players? Or help someone who did not ask in their Stream or sent them a pm and just a question in the Relay Chat / Regional Chat? Or offered someone who was asking for a Taxi in recruitment chat to taxi them?

Again it's not a bad thing that they focus on their community, in the end its their job but you can't say they are good for the whole Community or that they help the whole Community because that is simply not true. And as I said a Streamer is someone you watch for entertainment, but not to ask for help or get advice, if you need that you either go to the Wiki or watch a Youtubevideo about that Topic but I know noone who ever went to Twitch, looked at who is streaming, went into their chat and asked a question there and hoped that the Streamer would see it, read it and aswear it. So I stay with what I said previously, they are entertaining and not helping and if they are helping they aren't helping THE Community, they are helping THEIR Community.

And about the impact Streamers (Youtubers) have. That is probably the part that worries me most, the amount their Feedback counts. A streamers (or Youtubers) word/Feedback counts most times more then that of any other Player and when they suggest something they can be sure (in most cases) that they will have the backing of their Community and that the Devs will atleast listen, no matter how stupid their suggestion was. And that can bring problems if a Streamer/Youtuber constantly is complaining about something and that they want it changed, even though the majority of the Playerbase doesn't think so and the Devs decided to follow his/her suggestion just because it's a famous streamer/youtuber. Just to clarify I'm not saying that this is always the case but it can happen and that is a hugh issue.

Anyway, that is derailing way too much currently from the original topic and became more a discussion about streaming overall so I will stop with this now. I said previously why I think that this Event is a rather bad idea and I stick with that. So take this post about Streamers and streaming as a bit of an offtopic and if you want to discuss it further I will do so gladly via PM but let's not turn this topic about the Event into a discussion about Streamers / streaming.