Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Guest Livestreams In Studio Oct. 4th - Oct. 6th

aidan890

Hey Tenno!

We are very excited to announce some special visitors to the DE Studios this week! Warframe Partners Shul and InexpensiveGamer are visiting us here in London, Ontario from Wednesday, October 4th to Friday, October 6th to help us show off some of the awesome content coming very soon to Warframe. Streams will take place from 2pm EST - 7pm EST on each day of their visit.

Expect to see some Plains of Eidolon gameplay, a look at our newest Warframe, the Glass ‘Frame, in action and other general Warframe shenanigans! While they’ll be stepping foot in Cetus, we’ll be keeping spoilers to a minimum. Members of the DE Community team will also be dropping in to answer your questions in chat so be sure to tune into and follow https://www.twitch.tv/warframe from 2pm-7pm EST, October 4th - October 6th!

These streams will not count towards the Twitch Drops campaign prizes because we will not be streaming from the public build of the game. That campaign will launch with the release of the update, and all Warframe streams will be eligible for Twitch Drops, provided the broadcaster has taken the appropriate steps.

Both of our guests are incredibly talented and dedicated variety casters so do not hesitate to visit their channels as well and share some Tenno love and appreciation.  

https://www.twitch.tv/shul
https://www.twitch.tv/inexpensivegamer

Hope to see you all in the stream Tenno!

[DE]Aidan

Edited by [DE]Taylor
fixed link
  • Like 3

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Remember everyone, it can't be delayed if there was never a set date. They wanted to release the update in mid September but never confirmed a date. Bugs can happen, and they are polishing things still. 

True, but i'm here, still hoping to get that Mag skin before PoE update.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Expect to see some Plains of Eidolon gameplay,

Might want to mention whether this'll count towards the 'Twitch streamers unlocking achievements for viewers' thingie.

Edit: It does not, as per [DE]Taylor, 2 down.
Danke schön.

Edited by Chroia
Link, also reply.

1 minute ago, Chroia said:

Might want to mention whether this'll count towards the 'Twitch streamers unlocking achievements for viewers' thingie.

That launches with the Plains of Eidolon update. If they are playing the Plains on the dev build, that means the Twitch Drops event hasn't started yet. :) 

Couldn't you guys have done a survey or something to see if the community at large even wanted this? Why devote resources to this that could be focused on getting PoE out sooner rather than later? It's just disappointing to be so excited to see more news this week only to get an announcement for a partner stream that I personally have no interest in watching.

On ‎03‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:20 PM, FrostedMike said:

So the update is NOT this week...

seems so, maybe we get the update in Time for Halloween....

Edit: I hope the Streams help fixing the last Bugs and also help to finish the polishing. But like @JustinWood im really disappointed by this announcement.

Edit 2: After seeing the Streams of the Past two days im glad this Event is happening :) Great Streams Shul and InexpensiveGamer! Thank You 👍🏼 

Edited by Darkuhn

I'm super excited for this! I hope everyone who tunes in will enjoy the show :)

I announced this last night on my stream but I didn't get a chance to answer too many questions about the actual stream, so until I leave for the airport tonight I can keep an eye on this thread and answer anything I was told as well (that I can share of course!)

---

2 minutes ago, Chroia said:

I don't believe this will count unless it is the official release of Plains, however we were told to bring what we need to link our accounts to the Warframe page just in case they are able to release it.  We will be playing on the devbuilds and not an official release, so I doubt drops will work properly.

Just now, GreyEnneract said:

All I see is people being too upset to watch, with it being delayed another week.

There has never been a public release date, therefore its impossible to say it has even been delayed in the first place.  They are working hard to ensure that you have a smooth release so being patient is important here.  

1 minute ago, JustinWood said:

Couldn't you guys have done a survey or something to see if the community at large even wanted this? Why devote resources to this that could be focused on getting PoE out sooner rather than later? It's just disappointing to be so excited to see more news this week only to get an announcement for a partner stream that I personally have no interest in watching.

The people who run the behind-the-scenes on the streams don't actually develop the game, its mostly community coordinators working with us.  We're also getting devbuilds that will help playtest live so they can fix issues and get the update out to you sooner.  Just because you don't have any interest in watching means the public doesn't.  Also if you read the original post, developers will also be joining us answering questions that you have so even if you don't care about the broadcasters streaming you can at least get more info and watch the progress the devbuild has made so far.

Just now, Shul said:

here has never been a public release date, therefore its impossible to say it has even been delayed in the first place.  They are working hard to ensure that you have a smooth release so being patient is important here.  

c8ac48c4321254c6901b34a85b22199b.png

They even said September on multiple occasions. This isn't the first time this has happened with an update, and it won't be the last.

Doesn't mean people still won't be disappointed at another delay.

No update this week confirmed.

16 minutes ago, Shul said:

There has never been a public release date, therefore its impossible to say it has even been delayed in the first place.  They are working hard to ensure that you have a smooth release so being patient is important here.

Don't. Just, don't. DE repeatedly said they were aiming for the end of September, after they've said they were aiming for late Summer. We all understand that that was always tentative. But that doesn't make it any less of a delay because it's a delay from DE's desired release time frame. It doesn't matter if there is no firmly expressed release date. An expressed target release time frame is an expressed, intended release date. And end of September implies September 30. Again, we all understand the tentative nature of PoE's release, and DE's having to readjust expectations for that are understandable and reasonable. But it doesn't make it any less of a delay. And it doesn't make people any less disappointed. You'll get an opportunity to play it, potentially before release, so you don't feel the disappointment of regular community members who don't get that opportunity. Instead of trying to make players out to be "impatient", ungrateful players who don't appreciate DE's hard work, take a step back and understand the privileged position you are in and how regular players feel when they see streamers enjoying an update that they can't enjoy. Just be a little bit more sensitive to how some community members feel.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

2 minutes ago, Shul said:

The people who run the behind-the-scenes on the streams don't actually develop the game, its mostly community coordinators working with us.  We're also getting devbuilds that will help playtest live so they can fix issues and get the update out to you sooner.  Just because you don't have any interest in watching means the public doesn't.  Also if you read the original post, developers will also be joining us answering questions that you have so even if you don't care about the broadcasters streaming you can at least get more info and watch the progress the devbuild has made so far.

OK, for one, you're one of the two lucky people are going to get to play the update before any of us. I think you're a bit biased, but that's just me. Nothing against you, I don't know anything about you, never watched any of your streams, just pointing out that you kinda have a reason to be seeing things in a more positive light right now.

As for "Just because you don't have any interest in watching means the public doesn't", that's exactly why I said to hold a survey. Let the community choose if they want to get another stream with color commentary from you guys. Just as I can't speak for everyone and say 'We as a community don't want this', you can't speak for everyone and say 'We as a community want this!'

Finally, you said that there's never been a public release date, but Steve announced via Twitter that the team was considering last week as a launch. Not just that, but I was lead to believe there would be a road map with more details of the update dropping today, and instead I've been handed an announcement of a long twitch stream starting tomorrow and ending Friday. Somehow, I doubt the update will just drop in the middle of the stream.

Look. I appreciate live streaming. I consider it a very, very difficult job that very, very few people can pull off right. Anyone can record their screen and upload it to Youtube. A small fraction of those people can add vocal commentary either on the fly or post recording. Even fewer can produce that content with cam footage as well, and not just come off as a react channel. To do all that, and do it live in front of hundreds, thousands, perhaps even MILLIONS of people? That takes something that very few people have, so I respect that.

But for me, I'd rather be exploring the Plains myself.