Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Guest Livestreams In Studio Oct. 4th - Oct. 6th

aidan890

5 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

c8ac48c4321254c6901b34a85b22199b.png

They even said September on multiple occasions. This isn't the first time this has happened with an update, and it won't be the last.

Doesn't mean people still won't be disappointed at another delay.

Agreed. While they never gave an exact date, I'd rather take either an ETA or dead silence on when they think the update will drop. The fact they're streaming the dev build again with the only difference between this and last week being the upcoming one isn't Prime Time has irked me slightly. 

Yes, no one is forcing people to tune in. However, I can understand the displeasement of many players when half of the announcements regarding PoE are just live broadcasts of the dev build. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shul said:

I'm super excited for this! I hope everyone who tunes in will enjoy the show :)

I announced this last night on my stream but I didn't get a chance to answer too many questions about the actual stream, so until I leave for the airport tonight I can keep an eye on this thread and answer anything I was told as well (that I can share of course!)

---

I don't believe this will count unless it is the official release of Plains, however we were told to bring what we need to link our accounts to the Warframe page just in case they are able to release it.  We will be playing on the devbuilds and not an official release, so I doubt drops will work properly.

There has never been a public release date, therefore its impossible to say it has even been delayed in the first place.  They are working hard to ensure that you have a smooth release so being patient is important here.  

The people who run the behind-the-scenes on the streams don't actually develop the game, its mostly community coordinators working with us.  We're also getting devbuilds that will help playtest live so they can fix issues and get the update out to you sooner.  Just because you don't have any interest in watching means the public doesn't.  Also if you read the original post, developers will also be joining us answering questions that you have so even if you don't care about the broadcasters streaming you can at least get more info and watch the progress the devbuild has made so far.

thanks for the info and the open aproach :) maybe it isnt such a bad idea after all ;)

This is in extremely poor taste and I am disappointed with the community team atm. 

Edit: The relevant information in regards to Plains release has been posted. I encourage people to read it.

Edited by Vindicative
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vindicative said:

This is in extremely poor taste and I am disappointed with the community team atm. In a time where everyone is awaiting information about the 'road map' to the Eidolon update all were getting is the Soon TM and more of 'watch these people play what YOU can't'. I am honestly disappointed that while everyone is waiting for the 'road map' to the update we just got smacked down into 'lol next week' again. The Wait Within continues. Maybe one day they'll let us play it instead of watching other people play. You can't dangle a bone in front of a dog forever, it WILL bite eventually. By all means we should be excited to watch other non-developer members of OUR community play before us. That can't possibly backfire given the current circumstances.

This update is insanely non-linear compared to "regular" warframe content such as quests etc. I believe the nature of the update in itself means playtesting for bugs thorougly will easily include a 50x higher amount of time investment, so i never expected september to stand as a release time. Hell ive personally written off the first 20 days of october myself already. Because even if they had a feature-complete build right now, imagine how difficult and multilayered playtesting such an open world is compared to just testrunning a quest 25 times to see if it breaks if you nudge it in certain ways. September was never something i dared hoping for, but they had to say it, because they have Destiny 2 and Anthem to compete with and that's fine.

Learn to lower your expectations to realistic levels and to read between the lines. This amount of silence was a clear message in itself - it's simply not ready yet.

Hey folks. I know there is a lot of upset individuals at the moment regarding no release date. Just know that dropping an update of this magnitude isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Development is hard and trust me when I say that everyone on the team wants this out as soon as humanly possible.

Myself and @Shul will never force anyone to watch any content. Even with our own broadcasts. If you choose not to watch, that is a choice that you make. That's the power of the internet and technology. 

However, if you do tune in, we promise you to give you a good show. 

I will be monitoring the forums for a wee bit and answering any question I can for you all!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Shul said:

I don't believe this will count unless it is the official release of Plains, however we were told to bring what we need to link our accounts to the Warframe page just in case they are able to release it.  We will be playing on the devbuilds and not an official release, so I doubt drops will work properly.

Yup, Talyor mentioned it's not since it's on Dev build, not public.
Thanks for the reply though.

And, have a blast  :)
Hope to catch some of it, schedule permitting.

10 minutes ago, InexpensiveGamer said:

Hey folks. I know there is a lot of upset individuals at the moment regarding no release date. Just know that dropping an update of this magnitude isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Development is hard and trust me when I say that everyone on the team wants this out as soon as humanly possible.

Myself and @Shul will never force anyone to watch any content. Even with our own broadcasts. If you choose not to watch, that is a choice that you make. That's the power of the internet and technology. 

However, if you do tune in, we promise you to give you a good show. 

I will be monitoring the forums for a wee bit and answering any question I can for you all!

If DE gives you clearance, please show off the status "as is" of Focus 2.0? In particular the stats on the Zenurik tree? i know it's a bit selfish to ask but... well

27 minutes ago, JustinWood said:

OK, for one, you're one of the two lucky people are going to get to play the update before any of us. I think you're a bit biased, but that's just me. Nothing against you, I don't know anything about you, never watched any of your streams, just pointing out that you kinda have a reason to be seeing things in a more positive light right now.

As for "Just because you don't have any interest in watching means the public doesn't", that's exactly why I said to hold a survey. Let the community choose if they want to get another stream with color commentary from you guys. Just as I can't speak for everyone and say 'We as a community don't want this', you can't speak for everyone and say 'We as a community want this!'

Finally, you said that there's never been a public release date, but Steve announced via Twitter that the team was considering last week as a launch. Not just that, but I was lead to believe there would be a road map with more details of the update dropping today, and instead I've been handed an announcement of a long twitch stream starting tomorrow and ending Friday. Somehow, I doubt the update will just drop in the middle of the stream.

Look. I appreciate live streaming. I consider it a very, very difficult job that very, very few people can pull off right. Anyone can record their screen and upload it to Youtube. A small fraction of those people can add vocal commentary either on the fly or post recording. Even fewer can produce that content with cam footage as well, and not just come off as a react channel. To do all that, and do it live in front of hundreds, thousands, perhaps even MILLIONS of people? That takes something that very few people have, so I respect that.

But for me, I'd rather be exploring the Plains myself.

Yeah I can understand the feeling of bias coming from me getting this opportunity.  I try to keep most things in my streams/life on the positive side, so sorry if I come off as a kiss-a** (apparently you can't say that on the forums woops :crylaugh:) in any of these situations because I'm genuinely just trying to look on the brighter side of things.  My goal with these streams is to continue to keep the hype high while having fun showing off content that I would want to see as a viewer in preparation for a big release for one of my favorite games.

A survey in this case would be tough to implement in any real sense.  A majority of forum & subreddit users have no desire to watch streams that aren't strictly information filled or have some incentive (did I hear a PLAT in the chat?!) If you post it to users of Twitch of course it will be an overwhelming yes unless the casters aren't liked by the users, and even then I'm sure they'd support due to it involving a stream they can watch with some members of DE involved.  I'd be curious to see the results of a survey because even though most didn't like The War Within stream, they still tuned in (I think it was an average of 8-10k viewers the entire day where the directory normally holds 1000-1500 with regular streamers.)  

I believe Rebecca said on twitter a road map was supposed to come out today via Twitter, although I don't want to take a response to another tweet as concrete proof of that.  I feel overall they've been a little too open with their internal goals on Twitter, which has come to bite them in the a**, but I don't take what a tweet from Rebb or Steve as the final say (I'll wait for an official forum post or a tweet from the official Warframe account as proof that a date has been set or the road map has been posted.)

I'm glad you appreciate streaming, and I completely understand that people just aren't interested in it.  Hell I tell people in my stream everyday that there are just going to be people who don't like my content, or like watching Twitch, because everyone is different.  I don't take what I have gotten on this website for granted, and am honored to even have this opportunity in the first place to show off content that will be releasing soon for you all.

Edited by Shul
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jukantos said:

If DE gives you clearance, please show off the status "as is" of Focus 2.0? In particular the stats on the Zenurik tree? i know it's a bit selfish to ask but... well

Absolutely, I want to explore as much as I can to give you folks info!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

Shul,

Do you know if you will have a chance of testing the new arcane system?

I hope so!  I've been talking about arcane's a lot as of late so I would love to see what they're working on!  I'll see if we can look into it on stream a bit!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shul said:

Yeah I can understand the feeling of bias coming from me getting this opportunity.  I try to keep most things in my streams/life on the positive side, so sorry if I come off as a kiss-a** (apparently you can't say that on the forums woops :crylaugh:) in any of these situations because I'm genuinely just trying to look on the brighter side of things.  My goal with these streams is to continue to keep the hype high while having fun showing off content that I would want to see as a viewer in preparation for a big release for one of my favorite games.

A survey in this case would be tough to implement in any real sense.  A majority of forum & subreddit users have no desire to watch streams that aren't strictly information filled or have some incentive (did I hear a PLAT in the chat?!) If you post it to users of Twitch of course it will be an overwhelming yes unless the casters aren't liked by the users, and even then I'm sure they'd support due to it involving a stream they can watch with some members of DE involved.  I'd be curious to see the results of a survey because even though most didn't like The War Within stream, they still tuned in (I think it was an average of 8-10k viewers the entire day where the directory normally holds 1000-1500 with regular streamers.)  

I believe Rebecca said on twitter a road map was supposed to come out today via Twitter, although I don't want to take a response to another tweet as concrete proof of that.  I feel overall they've been a little too open with their internal goals on Twitter, which has come to bite them in the a**, but I don't take what a tweet from Rebb or Steve as the final say (I'll wait for an official forum post or a tweet from the official Warframe account as proof that a date has been set or the road map has been posted.)

I'm glad you appreciate streaming, and I completely understand that people just aren't interested in it.  Hell I tell people in my stream everyday that there are just going to be people who don't like my content, or like watching Twitch, because everyone is different.  I don't take what I have gotten on this website for granted, and am honored to even have this opportunity in the first place to show off content that will be releasing soon for you all.

This has nothing to do with you being a kiss-a**, and I'd prefer you didn't call yourself as such. It's simple. You're getting to play PoE before anyone and hang out with DE. You simply cannot be unbiased.

Second, you're generalizing. The reason there should have been a survey is because, again, the community would be able to say how they felt as a majority.

I have to agree with Justin sadly. I've never heard of these two people. Why would I be excited to watch a livestream of two people I've never heard of, playing spoiler content for a heavily-hyped and heavily-delayed update, that we have no release date on, that people want to experience fresh?

More to the point, why are you promoting a livestream of spoiler content, when you are pushing a "Twitch Drops" event when PoE launches with Livestreamers we DO know? You want us to watch the content TWICE?
We want to PLAY it, not watch two people being thrust at us who get to flaunt the fact they have access to it before anyone else.

You can't just pick up two 'who's and call them Partners.

Edit: They're not even members of the community at large! Neither of them have any sort of regular posting history, neither here or on the subreddit. Nobody knows who these people are! If you're going to do something like this, find us some mature members of the community who produce content, there's plenty of them.

Edited by Nomicakes

1 hour ago, [DE]Aidan said:

While they’ll be stepping foot in Cetus, we’ll be keeping spoilers to a minimum

I wonder how that is supposed to work, anything they show is a spoiler, be it the new focustree, what the vendors have in stock, when they explore the plains, find caves or intersting spot, play missions and so on.

Last time during TWW they atleast played the public build so they couldn't spoil anything. But this? Really not a fan of this decision at all. Not to mention that we have been waiting for some time now for this Update to drop and yet it apperenetly isn't polished enough to let us play it but polished enough to show it for hours, over 2-3 days, on a public stream to thousends of Players...? As I said before, really not a fan of this decision and I honestly don't understand the idea behind it and what this is trying to achieve.

Well that beeing said I definitly won't tune in just because of the massive spoilers during the stream but hopefully we still get the Roadmap today that Rebecca teased on Twitter (and hopefuly this right here wasn't what she had in mind when she posted it) so we atleast get something worth mentioning today.

Edited by Evers

3 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

I have to agree with Justin sadly. I've never heard of these two people. Why would I be excited to watch a livestream of two people I've never heard of, playing spoiler content for a heavily-hyped and heavily-delayed update, that we have no release date on, that people want to experience fresh?

More to the point, why are you promoting a livestream of spoiler content, when you are pushing a "Twitch Drops" event when PoE launches with Livestreamers we DO know? You want us to watch the content TWICE?
We want to PLAY it, not watch two people being thrust at us who get to flaunt the fact they have access to it before anyone else.

You can't just pick up two 'who's and call them Partners.

Edit: They're not even members of the community at large! Neither of them have any sort of regular posting history, neither here or on the subreddit. Nobody knows who these people are! If you're going to do something like this, find us some mature members of the community who produce content, there's plenty of them.

As I may be new to the Warframe community. I found this game and fell in love with it this February.

However, I have been broadcasting for 5 years and have experienced some highs and a lot of lows. The struggle of making content. I am not someone who flaunts. I am a very humble individual who treats everyone with respect as well as am always extremely thankful for every opportunity that comes up.

I believe you should get to know Shul and myself before having a preconception on who we are and how we care about not only our communities but every one of you in the Warframe community.

• Like 3

No offense to the streamers, but when it comes to a new update (especially one of this scale), I'd rather see the developers go in-depth on it and dive into how things function under-the-hood. I don't know either of you, and you may very well be excellent content-creators, but I am just one of those people that simply does not care much about Twitch in general. After the latest slew of Twitch promos, this only seems to be an excuse by DE to continue trying to force Twitch into the game itself.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, InexpensiveGamer said:

As I may be new to the Warframe community. I found this game and fell in love with it this February.

However, I have been broadcasting for 5 years and have experienced some highs and a lot of lows. The struggle of making content. I am not someone who flaunts. I am a very humble individual who treats everyone with respect as well as am always extremely thankful for every opportunity that comes up.

I believe you should get to know Shul and myself before having a preconception on who we are and how we care about not only our communities but every one of you in the Warframe community.

You need to understand that this is not the first time DE has done this to us. I'm sorry that you're catching the flak for it, but when you do brand deals you should do research before accepting.

23 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Learn to lower your expectations to realistic levels and to read between the lines. This amount of silence was a clear message in itself - it's simply not ready yet.

I don't care if this comes out next week, next month, or next year. What I do not like is the lack or mixup of relevant information. I know she is trying her best and i do not wish to bring her grief upon her birthday but it was stated that early next week (this week) we would get a projection for the release of the Plains. 

Had this same announcement come after that information I would not care. I care now because while everyone is waiting for the important information this gets slapped in our face instead. I do not care if it is delayed.

You have every right to disagree but do not tell me what to do, or make any assumptions. If I have to read between the lines of public posts about the assortment of relative information in a timely fashion, we truly need help. 

Just now, Nomicakes said:

You need to understand that this is not the first time DE has done this to us. I'm sorry that you're catching the flak for it, but when you do brand deals you should do research before accepting.

I have no problem supporting a company that cares deeply about it's community. If I had any worry about catching flak or being in the eyes of the public, I wouldn't be a content creator today nor would I be here on the forums today answering questions and being transparent with everyone! :laugh:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Evers said:

apperenetly isn't polished enough to let us play it but polished enough to show it for hours, over 2-3 days, on a public stream to thousends of Players

i do find it a good thing, they let some Streamers play the game. Gamers play really different than Devs so they might find some bugs the Devs didnt thougt of, like the one they found on Prime Time with Titania being unaffected by Gravity :)

Would it be possible for you, Shul and InexpensiveGamer, to Post some Updates of the Things you experience on the Plains in this Tread?

Edited by Darkuhn

2 hours ago, Shul said:

I have a name hi my names Shul, or Joe if you prefer real names, nice to meet you. :satisfied:

I'll leave my worth up to personal opinion you're free to think what you want :thumbup:

You're not just a person or a fan, you run a business and this is your job, you make money via your stream and DE is using you to try and acquire new players while you're using them to attempt to gain viewers and patrons so you can make money. So don't gimme that, "aww shucks I'm just a nice guy" shtick. You add nothing to the community, you don't influence the game positively, basically all of the Warframe Parteners can't fall down over themselves fast enough to say nothing but good things about DE, because why take an antagonistic relationship with the company who's signing your meal ticket.

You could be using your position to amplify and elevate player feedback, but you don't do that. You could be stressing the importance of a better new player experience and tutorials, but you don't do that. You answer questions on stream, that's nice, but that's only for the people that watch you, because those are your viewers, which is how you make money. Your content isn't any different than any other random active Warframe players would look like if they streamed it, and if it all got taken down nothing much of value to the community would be lost.