Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Guest Livestreams In Studio Oct. 4th - Oct. 6th

aidan890

Just now, Darkuhn said:

i do find it a good thing, the let some Streamers play the game. Gamers play really different than Devs so they might find some bugs the Devs didnt thougt of, like the one they found on Prime Time with Titania being unaffected by Gravity :)

Would it be possible for you, Shul and InexpensiveGamer, to Post some Updates of the Things you experience on the Plains in this Tread?

So then make a playtest with Players if that is the objective (which it clearly isn't in this case), but do it in private and not in a public stream. Other Devs do that aswell, they invite Players to their Studio, let them play the new Game/Update/DLC to find bugs, have them sign a NDA but don't make that public. As soon as you make it public like this (and not just a few minutes during a devstream, no this is for several hours over 3 days) it is a different story.

5 minutes ago, Ampoth said:

You're not just a person or a fan, you run a business and this is your job, you make money via your stream and DE is using you to try and acquire new players while you're using them to attempt to gain viewers and patrons so you can make money. So don't gimme that, "aww shucks I'm just a nice guy" shtick. You add nothing to the community, you don't influence the game positively, basically all of the Warframe Parteners can't fall down over themselves fast enough to say nothing but good things about DE, because why take an antagonistic relationship with the company who's signing your meal ticket.

You could be using your position to amplify and elevate player feedback, but you don't do that. You could be stressing the importance of a better new player experience and tutorials, but you don't do that. You answer questions on stream, that's nice, but that's only for the people that watch you, because those are your viewers, which is how you make money. Your content isn't any different than any other random active Warframe players would look like if they streamed it, and if it all got taken down nothing much of value to the community would be lost.

I would suggest to get to know Shul and myself. We are extremely humbled by getting an opportunity to go down to the studio. In fact, I am driving myself to the studio tomorrow morning to be a part of this.

If you feel like we truly do not add anything to the community, you need to just think about what we do here not only for DE but for any community of any game we play on Twitch. More hours stream is more potential people coming in and asking about the game. More questions leads to more people actually downloading and trying the game for themselves. That in itself can lead to new players interacting with each other and possibly becoming clan mates and good friends.

Broadcasters add so much more than you think. If you think we just hit the start streaming button and just sit there and play video games, you are missing the reason why Shul and myself stream daily.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

I have to agree with Justin sadly. I've never heard of these two people. Why would I be excited to watch a livestream of two people I've never heard of, playing spoiler content for a heavily-hyped and heavily-delayed update, that we have no release date on, that people want to experience fresh?

More to the point, why are you promoting a livestream of spoiler content, when you are pushing a "Twitch Drops" event when PoE launches with Livestreamers we DO know? You want us to watch the content TWICE?
We want to PLAY it, not watch two people being thrust at us who get to flaunt the fact they have access to it before anyone else.

You can't just pick up two 'who's and call them Partners.

Edit: They're not even members of the community at large! Neither of them have any sort of regular posting history, neither here or on the subreddit. Nobody knows who these people are! If you're going to do something like this, find us some mature members of the community who produce content, there's plenty of them.

ill say this @InexpensiveGamer and @Shul are the 2 ppl that got me into warframe i dont post in the forums and i dont get on reddit at all

Just now, InexpensiveGamer said:

I would suggest to get to know Shul and myself. We are extremely humbled by getting an opportunity to go down to the studio. In fact, I am driving myself to the studio tomorrow morning to be a part of this.

If you feel like we truly do not add anything to the community, you need to just think about what we do here not only for DE but for any community of any game we play on Twitch. More hours stream is more potential people coming in and asking about the game. More questions leads to more people actually downloading and trying the game for themselves. That in itself can lead to new players interacting with each other and possibly becoming clan mates and good friends.

Broadcasters add so much more than you think. If you think we just hit the start streaming button and just sit there and play video games, you are missing the reason why Shul and myself stream daily.

You are advertisements masquerading as fan content, you have "communities" around you insofar you need those eye-balls/followers to make you a more effective advertisement. You are being granted exclusive access so that people will watch your stream because that gains you viewers and gives DE an advertisement which looks like fan content.

Just now, Evers said:

So then make a playtest with Players if that is the objective (which it clearly isn't in this case), but do it in private and not in a public stream. Other Devs do that aswell, they invite Players to their Studio, let them play the new Game/Update/DLC to find bugs, have them sign a NDA but don't make that public. As soon as you make it public like this (and not just a few minutes during a devstream, no this is for several hours over 3 days) it is a different story.

Why? This is like an open Playtest were the DE Team will answer Questions from the Viewers of the Streams. This is a good thing.

At first i was disappointed of the Announcement, because i expected a Roadmap comming today, but now im glad DE gives us this opportunity to ask questions about PoE.

If you dont want to get spoilerd, then dont watch the Streams. Easy as that :)

2 minutes ago, Ampoth said:

You are advertisements masquerading as fan content, you have "communities" around you insofar you need those eye-balls/followers to make you a more effective advertisement. You are being granted exclusive access so that people will watch your stream because that gains you viewers and gives DE an advertisement which looks like fan content.

Except, we aren't streaming Plains of Eidolon content on our channels? We are streaming on the Warframe channel, friend.

I implore to you to start streaming yourself and start building a community to truly understand. Community is the reason I stream. It led me to finding my wife and I am extremely ecstatic to bring to you content for years to come!

• Like 1

Good lord the salt is real in this thread.  @InexpensiveGamer and @Shul don't let the vocal minority ruin this for you.  Go have fun, play test the build (try to break it and find bugs for them to fix) and remember there are many like myself who are excited to see this.  I personally have never watched either of your content but I look forward to what you have to offer.  

• Like 1

Just now, (Xbox One)BigPapaRazor said:

Good lord the salt is real in this thread.  @InexpensiveGamer and @Shul don't let the vocal minority ruin this for you.  Go have fun, play test the build (try to break it and find bugs for them to fix) and remember there are many like myself who are excited to see this.  I personally have never watched either of your content but I look forward to what you have to offer.  

as a part of @InexpensiveGamer s community i thank you for saying this you are awesome!

Just now, Darkuhn said:

Why? This is like an open Playtest were the DE Team will answer Questions from the Viewers of the Streams. This is a good thing.

At first i was disappointed of the Announcement, because i expected a Roadmap comming today, but now im glad DE gives us this opportunity to ask questions about PoE.

If you dont want to get spoilerd, then dont watch the Streams. Easy as that :)

That is what the Devstreams are for and there you get your answears directly from the Source and if they play they know what to show and what to do. In this case you have the Community Team answearing questions in the Stream with preapproved answears and skipping any question they don't have the answear to because they simply cannot answear it  (I sure as hell hope so, because if not that would mean that some of the Devs could not be working on the Update for several Hours during the Streams and instead would be sitting in a stream watching out for questions) so this is not really helpful at all.

Sure it is as "easy as not watching" if you do not want to get spoiled but only if you don't visit the Forums, the Subreddit, any Gamingnewssite, or go Ingame during that time either. Because anything that is discovered during this stream and is new will be posted/discussed on any of these Sites or ingame aswell.

And as I said before I won't watch it for this exact reason, but the spoilers are just one of the Issues I have with this Event.

I mean maybe it's a good thing that there are more content creators exposing and showcasing the game, if it was always the same people showing something, we would always get the same perspective every single time, sure you might be getting new information but it's also important to get different views from different folks.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)BigPapaRazor said:

Never! If I wasn't ready to be in the cross-hairs of saltiness, I wouldn't be a Twitch Streamer. I look forward to this event and we will definitely try to make it as fun as possible!

Thanks for the love :heart:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nomicakes said:

I find it highly suspect that several of InexpensiveGamer's community members, who don't post on the forums, have suddenly arrived in this thread to defend him.
Weaponizing your community is not a way to make yourself look better.

Never once did I tell anyone to come here, friend.

But I look forward to you being there at the event tomorrow!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

I find it highly suspect that several of InexpensiveGamer's community members, who don't post on the forums, have suddenly arrived in this thread to defend him.

I was thinking the same. Suddently, lots of people with the same  glyph start posting in defense. 

I don't blame this on the streamers, streaming is their job after all and they just accepted a deal;, I completely blame it on DE. They know that people are anxious to get their hands on the update, instead, yet they keep teasing us and now they are letting people stream the update days or maybe even weeks before the update, it's no surprise that people are riled up. 

Edited by aligatorno
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evers said:

Because anything that is discovered during this stream and is new will be posted/discussed on any of these Sites or ingame aswell.

And why is that a bad thing? if you dont want news on PoE then dont visit this sites and turn of the Public Chatchannels ingame.

I do want more informations on PoE because i like to have all the Informations bevorehand to plan what i want to do on the Plains.

3 minutes ago, InexpensiveGamer said:

Except, we aren't streaming Plains of Eidolon content on our channels? We are streaming on the Warframe channel, friend.

I implore to you to start streaming yourself and start building a community to truly understand. Community is the reason I stream. It led me to finding my wife and I am extremely ecstatic to bring to you content for years to come!

Oh as if the promotion of your name and stream in the message above isn't basically an advertisement for your stream. And to top if off your followers are suddenly astroturfing all over this thread, that the kind of "Community" that is the reason you stream?

You are an advertisement, your stream is an advertisement, your followers are the product whose attention you're delivering to Warfame. You don't need to stream to be in a community, may of us players are in active alliances and clans, many of us go out of our way to help newer players, we don't make money of off it, we play the game because we enjoy it. It's impossible to determine whether you play for enjoyment or because that's your livelihood, but even then the only positive thing you do is introduce new players to the game because you're an advertisement.

1 minute ago, Hory94 said:

I advice you go look trough thread again and see wich comments have most upvotes.

I "advise" you to understand what vocal majority means.  A handful of salty forum Tenno upvoting any negative comment doesn't prove that the overwhelming amount of Warframe players hate this idea.  You are getting upset because you don't have you hands on a FREE update for a FREE game.  They said in the last devstream and in the primetime stream, the build is not ready and when it is ready it will release.  If they released it today the forums would be flooded by the same people complaining things are broken.

6 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

You're clearly being ridicolous. It's a big deal for his community, so of course he shared it on his stream and twitter once he was allowed to talk about it. And while i can see the validity in some of the arguments against this happening and the problematic timing of this announcement when the entire community was sitting on a razors edge for an announced roadmap for the last 48 hours, none of that justifies personal attacks on the scale that have been launched in this thread. Think about what you're doing. It's a promotional stream, yes. You're not being forced to watch it. Venting your anger at the streamers isn't going to do horsecrap about the communication problems DE has put on display once again, as unfortunate as that is.

And yes, im a regular forum user and yes, i am a part of @InexpensiveGamer's community, hell i was the one who made him try the game in the first place via a channel viewtime currency reward. So sure, call me a meaningless defender of his, but he's not weaponizing his community in any way. You're just being unnecessarily rude because you're frustrated. Believe me, SO AM I. But personal attacks like this are simply not going to achieve anything whatsoever. Until DE starts actually enforcing the forum rules at which point even more outrage over the "censorship" might be sparked, so lets just avoid that by expressing out frustration on an appropiate scale and towards the correct "target", aight?

Edited by Jukantos

4 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

i wasnt asked to come here and i've never had anything to post on the forums before but that doesnt mean i dont read them also i would have defended any of the warframe partners in this situation but i hope you have an awesome day and if you want to tune into the event i hope to see you there

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Suddently, lots of people with the same  glyph start posting in defense. 

Wow Two Players with the same Icon.... really LOTS of Players...

I´d rather think these Two Tenno are intersted in the Content InexpensiveGamer is showing on his Streams and also exited that this Event is happening.