The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, NightHawkS1 said:

Except for the part where they said the quest wouldn't be dropping with update, just the frame itself.

That was because of a scheduling conflict to get voice lines done. Now that the voice lines are done, I wouldn't see why not, unless the quest itself is unfinished-- Which they didn't imply; they implied that the voice lines were unfinished.

17 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

My question is why? De has long said that Gara is going to be released with POE and that is exactly what they are doing. The quest is delayed so what about it, you can farm the individual parts until the quest is ready. If you couldn't now that would've been a different story.As I said before DE has always released a frame ready to be bought with plat. Look at sands of inaros, that quest can only be bought from baro ki'teer, if you miss him gotta wait 2 weeks or pay for him with plat. I don't see people bi***ing about having to wait two weeks to get a frame and as Beppe93 said the frame isn't even the important part of the game POE is. All I see in your comments and others is saltiness because the people are gonna be running around in Gara before you can, whether the quest would be released with POE or not people were gonna buy her in a heartbeat anyways. Hell you don't even need to take money out of your pockets plat is tradeable. Trade items get plat so your thinking that they will make more money off releasing Gara at her  intended time even when the quest getting delayed just screams "i'm mad that others are going to get Gara before me." People like you need to just calm down instead of slandering DE with this P2W bs. If you're not gonna pay shut up and wait as it always been waiting for the common player in warframe Leave the people who have the money or the plat and buy the frame if they want it. They're contributing not you.

The average frame build time is 3 days and 12 hours we are now looking at a 10 day build time which is even longer than equinox if you can't count. Now another thing they could do to fix this is to release the blueprint as a drop or as buyable from the market until they can release the quest. And as for your slandering claim well you see this isn't the case and by suggesting I did as such you are slandering me, what I did was critics which is what you should do if you love something because I don't want to see this game fail but doing something like this is a slippery slope that I've seen some many devs fall into and die as a result. 

17 hours ago, beppe93 said:

dude they've just done it cause waiting 1 more week just for the sake to have a quest when the true star is the plains of eidolon is nonsensical, and btw having a new frame is not pay to win, pay to win means that you get something exclusive that advantage you that you bought it instead of other players, this is just a new frame, like we had 30 before, it's not gamebreaking is not an advantege is just a new character, so buddy stop being stupid and don't accuse DE for something that they never, never, never did. they have many downsides but this is just not a thing, so shut up if you want to buy it with plat like i will do cause i want to support them do that, if you want to build it just wait 1 week, meanwhile you can even farm the parts, but pls stop *@##$ing about a problem that doesn't even sussist.

The problem lies what you can't get the blueprint until such time as the quest releases and Gara is still a power item making this a P2W move whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter. I even just suggested that they make the bp farmable or buyable until such time as the quest drops to alleviate this problem in the meantime.  

5 minutes ago, SnivicDelta said:

The problem lies what you can't get the blueprint until such time as the quest releases and Gara is still a power item making this a P2W move whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter. I even just suggested that they make the bp farmable or buyable until such time as the quest drops to alleviate this problem in the meantime.  

Ahem. The voice lines for the quest finished recording yesterday, which was the issue as to why they said they may not release the quest on time. It is looking very much like the quest will be released with POE.

Just putting that out there.

1 minute ago, OkamiA said:

Ahem. The voice lines for the quest finished recording yesterday, which was the issue as to why they said they may not release the quest on time. It is looking very much like the quest will be released with POE.

Just putting that out there.

Yeah I actually saw that too but I still feel like they will still release the quest at a separate date but who knows maybe the problem I'm seeing won't be a problem after all because they launch it same day.

Edited by SnivicDelta
misspell

Just now, SnivicDelta said:

Nah, it will release on friday at 11:59 P.M.

I know this is supposed to be funny, but you never know it can happen. It happened with The War Within update, it came out at 11:00pm E.T on Friday, November 11th. Anything can really happen.

1 hour ago, SnivicDelta said:

The average frame build time is 3 days and 12 hours we are now looking at a 10 day build time

That doesn't suddenly turn "pay to skip the wait" into "pay to win". Your getting mad at the prospect of the wait being long enough for you to care about it is inspiring much schadenfreude, though. :crylaugh: You're getting it for free. If you do have to wait an extra week this time (it's sounding like it might not be that way, after all), then do it. It's still free.

6 hours ago, OkamiA said:

That was because of a scheduling conflict to get voice lines done. Now that the voice lines are done, I wouldn't see why not, unless the quest itself is unfinished-- Which they didn't imply; they implied that the voice lines were unfinished.

Right, I was just clarifying for EchoesOfRain that it was already confirmed. 

8 hours ago, SnivicDelta said:

The average frame build time is 3 days and 12 hours we are now looking at a 10 day build time which is even longer than equinox if you can't count. Now another thing they could do to fix this is to release the blueprint as a drop or as buyable from the market until they can release the quest. And as for your slandering claim well you see this isn't the case and by suggesting I did as such you are slandering me, what I did was critics which is what you should do if you love something because I don't want to see this game fail but doing something like this is a slippery slope that I've seen some many devs fall into and die as a result. 

You mentioned build time for a warframe what about inaros? 2 weeks wait time if you missed baro either way. And it's hardly a critique if you are mixing information and claiming it's a P2W move when it's not, seriously you are blowing this p2w term way out of proportion when all it is pay to skip. Then you're claiming pay to skip is part of the p2w model, so then warframe has been p2w all along according to you right? Then your argument about them turning to p2w is for what? It's just one frame, why all the fuss. Gara is hardly a power item, just a new addition no matter what you say, there  are 52 other frames to play while you wait. I seriously question why you would be so worried over a simple item that has absolutely no effect on your enjoyment of POE other than your sense of satisfaction of getting a new frame. I don't see why other people buying Gara for plat with money or earned during trade has anything to do with you. 

8 hours ago, SnivicDelta said:

First and foremost Gara is a quest frame, releasing the blueprint for the quest frame defeats the purpose of doing the quest in the first place. :facepalm: Definition of pay to win: Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Not a better item, hardly unbalanced and not forcing you to pay. So yes you were slandering not "critiquing"

Either way, as other people commented they finished the voice lines so your worry of warframe turning to a p2w model was far-fetched no matter how you put it. 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:10 PM, SnivicDelta said:

Okay, no that is not okay. You can't launch the quest for the new frame but you are going to launch the frame but only if you have the plat to purchase it, so what you are telling me is that people with money get an almost week long head start. What you need to do is just hold the frame off until you can release the quest to unless we can skip the build period with this frame otherwise I have to call this a pay to win move no matter the circumstances behind it. It might also be a smart idea to hold of just a little bit on the frame anyways, that way we don't just get a big dump of content but instead chunk A one day and chunk B the following week giving us time to digest chunk A. All I'm asking is release the frame and quest together and not put it out early to only those who can pay.

How is this pay to win? What are you winning exactly? What is the difference between having to wait 4 days for a Clan tech weapon to research while people can just buy it first day?
Did you not read that we would still be able to get her parts in the meantime , just not the BP from completing the quest? You know you'd have to farm for the parts and build them anyway so you're not really losing any time right? Plus this is a MAY be postponed ... they may not have to, but if they do, they gave us all a chance to get a head start on the farming and you thank them by spitting at them claiming they are coming for your wallet... cold~

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, SnivicDelta said:

Okay, no that is not okay. You can't launch the quest for the new frame but you are going to launch the frame but only if you have the plat to purchase it, so what you are telling me is that people with money get an almost week long head start. What you need to do is just hold the frame off until you can release the quest to unless we can skip the build period with this frame otherwise I have to call this a pay to win move no matter the circumstances behind it. It might also be a smart idea to hold of just a little bit on the frame anyways, that way we don't just get a big dump of content but instead chunk A one day and chunk B the following week giving us time to digest chunk A. All I'm asking is release the frame and quest together and not put it out early to only those who can pay.

"head start"

Warframe is a primarily PVE game!!! You are not competing with other players for anything!!! Why does it matter if other players who are willing to pay get the frame first?? Wait a week then you have it too.

6 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

You mentioned build time for a warframe what about inaros? 2 weeks wait time if you missed baro either way. And it's hardly a critique if you are mixing information and claiming it's a P2W move when it's not, seriously you are blowing this p2w term way out of proportion when all it is pay to skip. Then you're claiming pay to skip is part of the p2w model, so then warframe has been p2w all along according to you right? Then your argument about them turning to p2w is for what? It's just one frame, why all the fuss. Gara is hardly a power item, just a new addition no matter what you say, there  are 52 other frames to play while you wait. I seriously question why you would be so worried over a simple item that has absolutely no effect on your enjoyment of POE other than your sense of satisfaction of getting a new frame. I don't see why other people buying Gara for plat with money or earned during trade has anything to do with you. 

First and foremost Gara is a quest frame, releasing the blueprint for the quest frame defeats the purpose of doing the quest in the first place. :facepalm: Definition of pay to win: Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Not a better item, hardly unbalanced and not forcing you to pay. So yes you were slandering not "critiquing"

Either way, as other people commented they finished the voice lines so your worry of warframe turning to a p2w model was far-fetched no matter how you put it. 

Ok I'm not going to argue with you anymore about whether or not this is P2W but it is a Critique. Would you call Totalbiscuit or Jim Sterling complaining about microtransactions slander, no you wouldn't unless you have a few screws loose and what I'm doing here is the same damn thing I complain about the problem then give solutions on how to fix it, you need to learn the difference.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Its either today or next week. If they launch now they can work 3 days to push out hotfixes what is reasonable, tomorrow its only 2 days what is not enough to actively cover stuff and no sane developer launches anything on friday.

They've launched on Friday multiple times, and even on Saturday. So far they haven't exactly learned their lesson.