The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

On 09/10/2017 at 11:00 PM, SnivicDelta said:

Yes you can farm the parts all well and dandy but the blueprint will be locked behind the quest which still means that the frame will be unobtainable unless you pay for it which is pay to win no matter which way you slice it.

Yes! but the alternative isn't; "Free to Lose, is it?" . . . it's; "Free to Play", so why do people continually gripe when they are getting a FREE game?

Tell me, how do the makers of the game get paid if no-one pays? if there is no incentive to pay?

the whole "pay to win" thing originates from old free to play games that were competitive and by paying you could obtain items that were better than the ones you could get for free. now people say pay to win to everything in a free to play game. warframe is not competitive, there is nothing to win and there are no payment exclusive items that give paying players and advantage. you can farm the premium currency which is a really nice thing and not all games have it

On 09/10/2017 at 11:40 PM, SnivicDelta said:

Guess I have to repeat myself. It is power that will only be obtainable through buying it which is pay to win. Now I get this is temporary but the fact they are doing it in the first place is scummy, DE is basically saying "want to play the new frame when it comes out? give us your money". Now I know the parts will still be farmable during this downtime but the blueprint will still be locked behind the quest as the reward for said quest. Simply put they should just delay the frame with the quest until it's ready (which they said would only be about a week) that way there won't be any question of pay to win (It wouldn't be in this case) and also it would honestly benefit them too. You see if they would stagger this content a little bit we get enough time to digest PoE before the frame and quest and It will retain players longer because they are waiting and expecting this new frame which in turn means the player is playing longer which gives DE more opportunists to get the player to buy something which would benefit. So to be completely honest them releasing the frame early is not just a boneheaded move in the sense of P2W but also in the sense that they could make more potential money this way as well.  

Are you suggesting people who make the games and give them too us want to be paid? I have always been led to believe that computer games are made out of fairy dust.

36 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

the whole "pay to win" thing originates from old free to play games that were competitive and by paying you could obtain items that were better than the ones you could get for free. now people say pay to win to everything in a free to play game. warframe is not competitive, there is nothing to win and there are no payment exclusive items that give paying players and advantage. you can farm the premium currency which is a really nice thing and not all games have it

Completely correct. Such a simple truth yet reading through this thread it seems to evade most.

1 minute ago, Mingcrusher said:

I have been awake nonstop since monday, constantly pressing f5 when I'm at home. When I went to university today, a friend of mine instantly asked: "Why did the veins in your eyes rupture? Are you waiting for a warframe update again?" Please, even if it's unfinished, at least give us more info. You promised to do so early this week.

Mingcrusher I feal ya :D

3 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

I have been awake nonstop since monday, constantly pressing f5 when I'm at home. When I went to university today, a friend of mine instantly asked: "Why did the veins in your eyes rupture? Are you waiting for a warframe update again?" Please, even if it's unfinished, at least give us more info. You promised to do so early this week.

1 minute ago, -S-O-Vetula_Mortem said:

Me as well.

16 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

15 minutes ago, -S-O-Vetula_Mortem said:

Try having two nights in a row filled with dreams of playing on the Plains, and waking up and still no news of wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3 hours ago, Mingcrusher said:

Lay off the 'speed'

Edited by CaptainEras

32 minutes ago, -S-O-Vetula_Mortem said:

If the Update is coming between now and 21:00 European time im going to play till 6 in the morning even if I am gonna die from it.

same here. should go shoppin soon. energy drink and calorie rich trashfood

Edited by Cicasajt

13 hours ago, SnivicDelta said:

Ok I'm not going to argue with you anymore about whether or not this is P2W but it is a Critique. Would you call Totalbiscuit or Jim Sterling complaining about microtransactions slander, no you wouldn't unless you have a few screws loose and what I'm doing here is the same damn thing I complain about the problem then give solutions on how to fix it, you need to learn the difference.

I have no Idea about who you mentioned but let me say. It was never a problem, you came up with this p2w nonsense. Honestly tell me, what are others winning over you by paying for Gara day one, what better item are they giving them that we aren't going to receive? I'm sure if you thought of this you wouldn't be thinking "oh great DE is falling into the pit hole like so many other devs."  Then you give solutions on how to fix it? Fix what? A problem you made up and one that isn't even significant in the first place. It's no better that talking to yourself since you made up the problem,  complain the problem and gave solution on how to fix your own problem.