Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

we actually did suggest the name vlada i believe was the suggester for garasu , they just changed it to gara 

Unofficially perhaps and by the accounts of another member then not even by popular vote either so I fail to see the difference either way.

Kinda sad that its potentially another 10 days and the quest still wont ship with it but nice to have an update regardless.

That said... Gara... I'm probably more disappointed in that name than the prospect of waiting another 10+ days. Worst name in all of Warframe. It should've been Silica or Glint, pretty sure Silica was the most requested, no? Doesn't have to be some fancy name from another language. Frost, Volt etc all still sound perfect and you cant get more simple.

Edited by Aeryes

As to the name of the Glass frame, I really think they should reconsider.

As to why, Garasu is indeed a Japanese word for glass, but it is not the Japanese word for glass.

What do I mean by this?

Japanese basically has three alphabets.  Hiragana, the flowey native script and the one words from Japan are written in. Katakana, the angular script used for words taken from other languages, such as Pan (Italian for Bread), Persocom (Personal Computer, abbreviated), and Garasu (take a wild guess). Finally, there is Kanji, which are basically specific symbols that mean specific things when ordered specific ways. 

Back to my first point.  Garasu is not the Japanese word for glass. That word is Hari.  It would also be a suitable name for the 'Frame IMO, and wouldn't feel so... Cliche'?

Please take the time to consider this matter.

The Quest for Gara - Glassframe has a name and it's Gara - inspired by the Design Council submission of 'Garasu'. Since Mirage's release we've strongly favoured releasing a Warframe's free path with quests. Gara's release will be no different.

However the quest for Gara is likely going to be delayed by a week, due to a scheduling conflict with one of our key Ostron actors… however, because Gara is ready, she will be in the Market for those able to support us. If you cannot, that’s fine too - we’ll be adding Gara’s parts to the Cetus reward tables to give you a head start for when her quest does release.  We will follow with Gara's story as soon as it's ready if it doesn't make the release! 

4 minutes ago, Voltaic_Backlash said:

As to the name of the Glass frame, I really think they should reconsider.

As to why, Garasu is indeed a Japanese word for glass, but it is not the Japanese word for glass.

What do I mean by this?

Japanese basically has three alphabets.  Hiragana, the flowey native script and the one words from Japan are written in. Katakana, the angular script used for words taken from other languages, such as Pan (Italian for Bread), Persocom (Personal Computer, abbreviated), and Garasu (take a wild guess). Finally, there is Kanji, which are basically specific symbols that mean specific things when ordered specific ways. 

Back to my first point.  Garasu is not the Japanese word for glass. That word is Hari.  It would also be a suitable name for the 'Frame IMO, and wouldn't feel so... Cliche'?

Please take the time to consider this matter.

that name was suggested also 

There, that's all I wanted to know. Approx 10 days, and we'll be golden. Sad it's not this week, especially since I've got Monday off, but hey, this is better than just having to sit with the stream stuff as the only news. Thanks Rebecca, and Happy Birthday.

What's the percentage chance to activate the 10 day ability? Of is it like the arcane, hence on activating on a specific condition?

I still don't have harrow due to the impossible RNG on the chassis (60 runs no result) please don't keep making getting frames that hard T_T

edit: I mean systems, not chassis. the stupid defector missions.  (which where fun to start with, not so much when you do like 60 to rotation c and get nothing) 

Edited by morningstar999

Call me a simpleton, but I think Gara has a nicer ring to it than Silica, even if just because it has one less syllable :P Gara is actually more imaginative than just using the molecule name (not to mention that technically its the exact same particle that makes up normal sand, and yet Inaros didn't get named that). Silica sounds both too generic and too on the nose, simply cliche, and that's even though we have names like Frost and Volt in game. Those names just roll off the tongue nicely enough and are unique enough to their character to justify it.

Hari on the other hand, yeah I could agree with that. I guess DE went with Gara instead to make the sound closer to English so it'd be more easily recognizable? Not saying that Garu = Glass instantly, but its still more cognitive ease than with Hari.

Edited by MJ_GreenPL

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

However the quest for Gara is likely going to be delayed by a week, due to a scheduling conflict with one of our key Ostron actors… however, because Gara is ready, she will be in the Market for those able to support us. If you cannot, that’s fine too - we’ll be adding Gara’s parts to the Cetus reward tables to give you a head start for when her quest does release.  We will follow with Gara's story as soon as it's ready if it doesn't make the release! 

Since there's a delay in releasing the Quest, is there a way to bypass the 3-days foundry time needed to craft her for those who rather farm? It sure will soften some negativity on this matter. I'm sure it's an honest issue, but it looks fishy on the surface.

On the topic of Gara, can you until the release of the quest make her bp purchasable with credits from the market?

I'm planning on buying her with plat regardless because I want the free riven when the quest DOES come out, but for people who want to build her it would be a good compromise.