Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PSA - All Platforms] Building Maintenance Sunday Oct. 8 (Possible Brief Downtime)

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno!

The building DE calls home will be undergoing maintenance! We were given notice that this will take place during the long holiday weekend (for us Canadians) on Sunday, October 8th from 5-12 PM ET. During this time there will be a brief power outage followed by backup generators kicking in, and a second power outage will occur once maintenance has completed (around the 12PM mark) to make a return to line power.

While we do have everything on backup it's possible the outage may impact connectivity. The timing for this is completely out of our hands, but know that we’ll be monitoring during the 6 hour period to keep you informed.

This does not, however, affect our goal of launching Plains of Eidolon “within the next 10 days” as Rebecca noted in her recent Roadmap thread. The road is paved and our GPS (Lotus voice pack included of course) has the Plains marked on the map!

Thank you for joining us for this ride, and an early “Happy Thanksgiving” to our Canadian Tenno out there!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, kyori said:

5-12pm?... Do you mean 5am-12pm or 5pm-12am?

Or you really mean 12pm-5pm?

5 hours ago, Firehead331 said:

This.

Been trying to figure it out myself. I think it is the 5am one... but it could be the 12pm-5pm...

5am-12pm.

EDIT: Yeah, I really need to look at my clock more often... XD!

Edited by (XB1)TFDreamer01
Wrong 5 o'clock... oops!

On 10/6/2017 at 2:08 AM, kyori said:

5-12pm?... Do you mean 5am-12pm or 5pm-12am?

Or you really mean 12pm-5pm?

From a standpoint that considers only grammar and logic (so no human factor), " Sunday, October 8th from 5-12 PM ET. " means

Day: Sunday, the eighth of October.

Time of day: Five to twelve, in terms of Post Meridian Eastern Time.

EDIT: My human factor kicked in, forgot about the switchover at 12.

Should have gone with the ending at 12PM and it being a 6hour period.

Edited by Knight3169

2 hours ago, Knight3169 said:

From a standpoint that considers only grammar and logic (so no human factor), " Sunday, October 8th from 5-12 PM ET. " means

Day: Sunday, the eighth of October.

Time of day: Five to twelve, in terms of Post Meridian Eastern Time.

No extra needed. Usually it is written as '5am - 12pm'. There can never be '5pm-12pm' or '5am-12am' as what seems to imply in the opening post.

No extra needed. Thanks.

6 hours ago, kyori said:

No extra needed. Usually it is written as '5am - 12pm'. There can never be '5pm-12pm' or '5am-12am' as what seems to imply in the opening post.

No extra needed. Thanks.

Hehe, my human factor forgot about the whole switchover at 12. Oops.

Just another reason I prefer 24-hour time.

EDIT: Though I would like to inquire as to the purpose of these extra "No extra needed."

Edited by Knight3169

Having combed the forum looking for anything new with the PoE, I'm confident in saying three things: 

Payers are overblown in the name given to the glass frame. 

Plains of Eidolon will probably be the cause of a serious consequence related to procrastination. 

Finally, the hype is strong with this one. 

Haven't had this level of expectancy for a Warframe update two years. 

Nyx Master Race