The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What aura to use on nidus

Pmueck3

Question

Hi guys , i'm trying to test some build from youtubers and atm i'm on N00blShowtek. i'm trying to test his nidus build but i'v seen he uses Corrosive projection as aura while i use Growing power . Wich of the 2 is better ? as i don't wanne waste an forma tbh :p (i'm not copying his build i'm just testing it out and then change to my playstyle)

10 answers to this question

No answer is correct, I'm afraid.

When fighting Corpus/Infested, Growing Power is certainly the correct answer, as they don't have Armor.

When fighting low-level Grineer/Corrupted, Growing Power is probably more useful.

For high-level Grineer/Corrupted, a whole team using CP will probably be stronger than Growing Power, as CP will influence all of your attacks. Either that, or you have a way of stripping enemies of their Armour (be it your teammates or corrosive procs from your weapons).

Most youtubers build god frames with high level content in mind. Growing Power may be a great mod in low-mid missions, but you can't beat the sheer usefulness of a whole team using Corrosive Projection against level 60-100+ enemies. Growing Power also works fine against Corpus though, on account of nobody using armor. Not sure about infested, because of the ancient disruptors almost always present.

Edited by Pizzarugi

I'll take the Corrosive Projection if it was depends on me.

Growing Power gives 25% power strength when you proc status effect. This is nice as there are meny weapons that have high status chance and because "status is the new meta".

Corrosive Projection however doesn't depends on something to activate. A flat out armor reduction with the only condition is that the enemy have armor.

As people said here before me, CP is not much when your enemy have no armor like Corpus or Infested, but in the end game you will wish you have CP with you as the armor matters and have great impact on your gameplay.

In the end, in my perspective, if you havn't reach high level content yet I'll suggest to keep Growing Power, if you did, CP.
But this is only my prespective and opinion, feel free to put any aura you want or any mod you want. I have Steel Charge on my Nidus.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Snakeboy1990 said:

I just use rejuvenation for extra regen. There's plenty of weapons that can delete armor in seconds once you mod them right.

Yes, but this thread was in regards to Nidus. Chances are good that he'll be spamming abilities most of the time, so he won't have much time to use armor-melting weapons.

12 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Yes, but this thread was in regards to Nidus. Chances are good that he'll be spamming abilities most of the time, so he won't have much time to use armor-melting weapons.

Fair enough.

58 minutes ago, Pmueck3 said:

The main answer to your question is playstyle. I'm usually running around with randoms or going solo so for me Corrosive Projection is less effective. I would choose Growing Power.

1 hour ago, FrostedMike said:

I'll take the Corrosive Projection if it was depends on me.

Growing Power gives 25% power strength when you proc status effect. This is nice as there are meny weapons that have high status chance and because "status is the new meta".

Corrosive Projection however doesn't depends on something to activate. A flat out armor reduction with the only condition is that the enemy have armor.

As people said here before me, CP is not much when your enemy have no armor like Corpus or Infested, but in the end game you will wish you have CP with you as the armor matters and have great impact on your gameplay.

In the end, in my perspective, if you havn't reach high level content yet I'll suggest to keep Growing Power, if you did, CP.
But this is only my prespective and opinion, feel free to put any aura you want or any mod you want. I have Steel Charge on my Nidus.

well i tend to do long survivals along the beach on mot every so often 

Growing Power for Solo or unarmored group setups.

Corrosive Projection for armored group setups.

I would recommend Torrid and Pox for Solo play as they will easily strip armor over the cloud duration giving Nidus plenty of stomping time. Growing Power has competitive value in some group comps even against armored enemies  CPx4 is still easier but I'm just pointing out that Growing Power can be made competitive and CPx4 is by no means required.

In CPx4 you use Lenz for non-CP you use Zarr. That's the difference.