Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery test auto fails and sent back without taking test bug. (fixed?)

(PSN)ShadowGamerC

This just keeps happening to more and more people and to be honest I haven't been playing much of the game because of this bug because I cant progress at all. Also DE not really responding much on this problem is sort of putting me off from the game as well. This is a game breaking bug in my opinion and needs to be fixed NOW so for those out there spam the support with requests to fix. If you have problems on how to do that just ask. I am currently in the process of sending in another support ticket so lets get out there and make them finally fix this bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no fix for this bug yet. This is getting real old DE you need to do something about this like yesterday. This bug prevents progression in the game and reinstalling the game does nothing so I and others are stuck with this unable to level until you fix this. Where are you on this it was almost a year ago when I brought this up and others bringing it up long before me why has nothing been done yet.

So I just recently picked up an XBox One and I must say I have not had this issue with the mastery test at all.  I've done 4 so far and no issues getting in nor have I had the loop issues coming from Cetus.  (Sadly no gold sub no multiplayer. Screw you Microsoft) This has to be either an issue with the networking script with the PS4 Version of the game or maybe some rare istance of a conflict between our ISP, Sony, and/or DE servers.  I don't know anymore as I've port forwarded, DMZ'd and changed all the internet settings on the PS4 to no avail.  I have absolutely no idea what to do now.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:10 PM, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

Havewe tried logging into your account on a different ps4 just to rule out its the consol lagging?

I have tried that as my wife has a newer model PS4 and this issue happens regardless.  Hers even had a fresh install of the game and it still happened.   So in my case I've ruled out that possibility a long time ago.

DE with this Next update coming in I am hoping you will finally fix this bug Please or you can expect me to send ANOTHER ticket in asking WHY oh WHY this hasn't been fixed yet. Most of us are starting to get fed up not being able to play this game proper and you not saying anything on this problem as it continues to grow. Please just get around to fixing this already we have been waiting forever or most have moved on to other games cause they cant get anywhere in the game. I myself haven't even really touched the game other than to get login rewards, hitting the 200 mark today.

Hello guys ..new victim of the autofail bug playing almost everyday no progression cannot get new mr locked stuff cannot level up any frame or weapon as it wud not count just wasting my time hoping dey fix it ..all the time n progress dis bug has wasted i hope i dnt have to waste progress like dis for long ...plz d.e help us

21 hours ago, (PS4)faizan7565 said:

Hello guys ..new victim of the autofail bug playing almost everyday no progression cannot get new mr locked stuff cannot level up any frame or weapon as it wud not count just wasting my time hoping dey fix it ..all the time n progress dis bug has wasted i hope i dnt have to waste progress like dis for long ...plz d.e help us

Why do people seem to have the idea that leveling weapons after maxing the bar does not count?  The weapon mastery is banked and you just won't have the ability to take MR tests back to back.

yeah you can still level your items and such and all that mastery you get will be banked. With this bug it will not let you take the mastery test at all so you cant level your rank. Considering rank is a big part of the game to progress in it DE needs to fix this otherwise you cant progress story or get the higher rank weapons or use rivens cause you cant rank up. MY point wepons and frames can still be leveled without problems cause it is banked.

Yeah I’m affected too. It’s a shame because I played a lot of Warframe on PC and put so much effort and time into it. When my PC died, I was super hesitant on getting it for my ps4 because I didn’t want to start from scratch and I had missed out on the account migration they did. 

Finally downloaded it about 3 days ago and can’t even get past MR1. Its super disheartening especially when DE just straight up ignores your tickets. And a courtesy level of just 1 level doesn’t cut it for me (which they haven’t even offered). 

Edited by (PS4)TrickShade

I have been doing what I can to get them to see this as a problem. I even sent them a link to this page in the last support ticket I sent. They said 

"We are sorry that this happened to you. To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

As a one-time courtesy of DE, we've manually bumped you up 1 rank; know that we will not be able to do this for future ranks but the dev team is actively looking into fixing this bug! We appreciate your patience :)."

I hope they are truly looking into this cause as they let this go it only gets worse.

17 hours ago, (PS4)codyu2425 said:

I have been doing what I can to get them to see this as a problem. I even sent them a link to this page in the last support ticket I sent. They said 

"We are sorry that this happened to you. To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

As a one-time courtesy of DE, we've manually bumped you up 1 rank; know that we will not be able to do this for future ranks but the dev team is actively looking into fixing this bug! We appreciate your patience :)."

I hope they are truly looking into this cause as they let this go it only gets worse.

I’ve been trying to be the squeaky wheel on the situation too. After explaining everything and basically pleading to them with my problem, the one and only response I got from them was this:

”Hi TrickShade,

Failing a Lotus Mastery Test (for any reason, bug or not) will not prevent you from gaining affinity on your Warframe, weapons, or profile. The Profile affinity bar might still be full and blinking, but you will still gain affinity as you play.

We continue to work on eliminating all bugs and glitches from the Lotus trials, and we apologize for any difficulties you might be experiencing. Thank you for your patience!”

They ignored my problem and sent me a message about something that I 1.) already knew about and 2.) has nothing to do with what I was complaining about.

I also gathered new information too. I thought all of this stemmed from my awful satellite internet connection with high ping. I remembered I was able to do my first rank, from 0 to 1, at my boyfriend’s house on my own system even. Remembering this, I asked my boyfriend to log into my account on his ps4 (it was my old ps4 before I got my pro) and to take the lotus test for me. Well, it kicked him right out too. Did the same thing to him like it did to me. HOWEVER, right after this happened, he was able to log into his own account and rank up just fine. So I’ve found out that for some reason, this is a problem on MY ACCOUNT.  I informed DE of this as well so hopefully something good comes of it, but at this point I highly doubt it.

you are not alone, my friend. Try being stuck at MR5 for 3 months and still no resolve to the problem. I had it happen before and I deleted to game and the reloaded it the next day. I tried again and still the same thing. I just decided to max out all my remaining frames between tries to take the MR6 test. [Not bad for a guy with tremors]

So today 2 of my clan mates passed on a trick that they used to attempt to take their tests.  Here are the steps;

1. Start Warframe.

2. Upon logging in set matchmaking to public.

3. Join a public match. (Should fail??????)

3. Set Matchmaking to Invite only to keep the session open.

4. Take Mastery Test. (Should now let you in from both of their tests.)

5. Profit. (If you don't fail said test.)

What I can conclude is that the mastery tests are taking place in some sort of matchmaking instance and on our consoles when ever we attempt to connect to our first public, friends only, or invite only instance of a game we normally fail out(lag out?).  So by technically doing what we normally do before joining any multiplayer instances and getting that out the way seems to be allowing us to get into our Mastery Tests.  I ask that if you suffer from the first match fail bug to attempt this if you have failed your mastery test from starting it as soon as you log into the game and report back here so we can see if there is indeed a correlation to the Mastery Test Glitch as well as the First match glitch so that these two groups can combine our efforts to get this fixed.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145