Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon update size?

(PSN)ATreidezz

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Title says it all... How many GB? I need the numbers... 

Well..the known size of about...what was is... 2.51 x 2.51 KM or something like that (All I know is, it's smaller than 3x3) may sound big, but it's actually pretty small compared to other games. And since most assets (textures, meshes, etc.) are already in-game, I'd say it shouldn't be much bigger than 3 - 5 GB. But who knows, I've been proven wrong before.

Edited by o0Despair0o

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Considering the size of the landmass and textures we're being given, I'd guess somewhere close to 20GB.

Large map games like Pubg, Evolve, Skyrim, etc all weight in at under 20G, so it's possible to make large map games with minimal size. If past updates are anything to go by, the size is more closer to half of that amount. 

Just now, xFrostKnightx said:

Large map games like Pubg, Evolve, Skyrim, etc all weight in at under 20G, so it's possible to make large map games with minimal size. If past updates are anything to go by, the size is more closer to half of that amount. 

Different games, different game engines, different compression methods, different size demands for textures.

Either way, it's true we won't know the number until PoE is live.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Different games, different game engines, different compression methods, different size demands for textures.

Either way, it's true we won't know the number until PoE is live.

They're still guide lines, and developers don't tend to stray from norms when it comes to technical aspects unless they're intentionally trying to push the envelope in terms of technical scope (looking at you, Star Citizen.)  

New sounds, voice overs, and textures files (the biggest one being the world texture map, particularly the resolution of said texture map) would make up a good portion of the update.  Especially audio files.  A lot of DOOM (2016's) 50+gigs is tied up in lossless audio.  That is raw, uncompressed audio, highest quality there is.

Edited by Littleman88
Grammar issues.