Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Forum Reactions!

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

I don't really get this. All these emojis mean practically the same, aka "I like". Now you're not even able to show how confusing a post can be. Or how emotional someone touched your heart (sad). Thinking about that, i don't understand how a post can "satisfy" me. But i know that a pizza can for sure. To conclude, this feels like a downgrade to be honest.

what's the difference between upvote, satisfied, applause, and like?

They seem like pointless options.

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 hours ago, SergeantSunshine said:

This is to reduce the amount of confused and crying faces

confused faces where SUPER SUPER useful cause if someone makes a comment that makes no sense or something, it's useful. And the crying faces where a good reaction, and basically the only negative reaction we could use to show that we feel negatively about a chance or a comment.

9 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

So what happened to the "what even is this" reaction? Are negative feelings forbidden now?

THIS. 100% THIS.

Negative reactions are needed as well. You cannot force an entire community to use positive reactions and never be negative. Being negative towards certain posts, or at least, showing how we feel negatively towards a certain change is still very important and you can't just block that. If DE makes a change we don't like, they can see how many people don't like that change by the negative reactions, and if a post or comment is made that is stupid and idiotic, we should be able to negatively react to that comment or post.

Since these are now gone, i'm just going to use emojis for negative reactions.

Instead of JUST positive ones. I mean, I think the best idea would just to have a downvote and an upvote.

:thumbdown::awkward::angry::sad::sadcry::scared::heartbroken:

Edited by Arniox

9 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

What ever happened to just having upvotes and downvotes? Much better system.

If people have negative reactions to a thread, they should make a comment about it. Don't see why we need emojis.

true enough. But still, if a post or comment was so fu*kin g stupid that you just can't even be bothered replying, you just leave a confused emoji.

17 minutes ago, Arniox said:

THIS. 100% THIS.

Negative reactions are needed as well. You cannot force an entire community to use positive reactions and never be negative. Being negative towards certain posts, or at least, showing how we feel negatively towards a certain change is still very important and you can't just block that. If DE makes a change we don't like, they can see how many people don't like that change by the negative reactions, and if a post or comment is made that is stupid and idiotic, we should be able to negatively react to that comment or post.

Since these are now gone, i'm just going to use emojis for negative reactions.

Instead of JUST positive ones. I mean, I think the best idea would just to have a downvote and an upvote.

:thumbdown::awkward::angry::sad::sadcry::scared::heartbroken:

I think the point is that these negative reactions discourage any actual commentary or discussion. The positive ones do the same thing, but to a lesser extent.

What discussion do you get out of someone marking your post with a face, compared to leaving a comment with your opinion?

12 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

So what happened to the "what even is this" reaction? Are negative feelings forbidden now?

DE did not watch Pixar's "Inside Out". Negative feelings are not BAD or EVIL  :angry: :facepalm::sadcry:

Edited by Sannidor

1 hour ago, Acos said:

You're going to have to man up and make your negative reactions with a post instead of anonymous emoticons. 

(This generation, I swear.) :facepalm:

Because you always have the time and the drive to tell the OP what kind of irredeemable idiot they are.

If I had to bet, I'd say the removal of "Sad" and "Confused" is less on them being used towards the community, but really with the large amount of them being used on some of their latest comments on Twitch and Focus.

To anyone saying that "people should just make a post on their feedback" is missing how that can be easily buried in long topics. A "negative" reaction on the post that deserves such one would be far more visible.

Also, the large amount of "upvote" options is pretty silly, only really needs to be 2 at most (would prefer one).

Edited by Sean

15 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

snip

I'd like the 'sad' or 'dislike' button option back, the new changes could easily be seen as a way to 'hide' the fact that a relatively large portion of the forum don't like certain upcoming changes to the game..... having a purely 'positive' set of emoticons isn't really giving a fair representation of the emotions that people want to portray and could easily be seen as trying to 'direct the opinions' or avoid the negative feedback when the dev's post threads. 

And before people say we can just leave a post as feedback, we can do that too but a quick visual icon on the starting post can act as a visual statistic for the original poster if their idea/post has come across positively to the forum.   Also as said a post can easily be missed in a thread which in some cases can hit over 50 pages ... the focus changes (which now have magically lost their 'negative' emoticons feedback... funny that) is at 59 pages and rising for example.

Edited by LSG501

37 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'd like the 'sad' or 'dislike' button option back, the new changes could easily be seen as a way to 'hide' the fact that a relatively large portion of the forum don't like certain upcoming changes to the game..... having a purely 'positive' set of emoticons isn't really giving a fair representation of the emotions that people want to portray and could easily be seen as trying to 'direct the opinions' or avoid the negative feedback when the dev's post threads. 

And before people say we can just leave a post as feedback, we can do that too but a quick visual icon on the starting post can act as a visual statistic for the original poster if their idea/post has come across positively to the forum.   Also as said a post can easily be missed in a thread which in some cases can hit over 50 pages ... the focus changes (which now have magically lost their 'negative' emoticons feedback... funny that) is at 59 pages and rising for example.

That, and at any point a mod can come in and say, "I think this thread has run its course, locking now," at which point it will definitely be buried and forgotten. Emote reactions on the other hand, work even in locked threads.

On 10/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, Insizer said:

But the confused one was my favorite because it let you point out that a post was crazy.

I'd also seen it used on posts where the member's first language wasn't English. Laughing faces, sad faces, confused faces in those instances don't help.

Overall, I'm not sorry to see them gone.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:31 PM, KaizergidorahXi said:

But...Why? What if someone has just an all around terrible post? They're just going to think people agree with them because every reaction gives positive points.

Just want to say anytime I've ever seen an all-around terrible post, members have never been shy about telling the OP their post is terrible and why. 

I understand the argument that negative reactions served a purpose. I never used them for that purpose and either expressed myself with a post, or moved on. Or I liked/upvoted a post that disagreed with the terrible post or dismantled the shoddy post or argument.

Most OPs also read (even if they don't respond to) every post in their topic, good and bad. It's how threads get locked when neither side gives an inch, and how both sides often reach a compromise, see each other's points, and concede points. I believe in communication, in debate, and have engaged in it and enjoyed it here as well. Yes, I understand not everyone is like that.

It is not true that without those icons a member will only see positive reactions and remain blind to their poor post, and it never has been.

I don't think the argument that members will think everyone's reaction is positive (to something that they happen to dislike, like a new dev post) holds any water: even if a member doesn't read every post, I have seen, time and time again, members come to a megathread to let the devs know they are unhappy with a post of their own. I have seen negative and critical posts rewarded with dozens, hundreds of upvotes in a megathread or dev post.

The notion that we have no other means to disagree but the buttons (if it is anyone's point) is absurd and false.

I do agree that the buttons are a useful and handy means of disagreement, but I would only like to see them used for dev posts. Why? Because they're more prone to not read all posts within a thread (megathreads can become enormous) and they have a lot of other content to work on, things to do. Seeing a numerical value assigned to a negative emotion on a dev post lets them know X percentage of members do not agree with the change or direction.

No offense to members, and I know devs are human too, but devs are better equipped to handle negative reactions. Why? Because it's about the content, not the mod or dev. 

I think the reactions (negative) are less useful in member-to-member interactions. Members can often (especially if they are new, have difficulty expressing themselves, and didn't "sign up" for critical feedback ((which the devs did)), or don't speak English as a first language) take downvotes to heart, become despondent, and stop interacting. Or they get angry, become bitter, and assume everyone hates their input, or worse still, hates them.

I'm against downvotes and negative reactions for member-to-member posts, but would like to see it in some form for dev posts.

That said, I also understand DE didn't intend for the confused and crying faces to be used as downvotes or disagreement buttons. DE doesn't believe in downvote or dislike buttons, which is why we've never had one. DE is not alone as other forums (large and small) often only have like and upvote buttons as well. It's a choice management makes on what they want the community atmosphere to be like.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:10 AM, LSG501 said:

Again, in the years before we even got anything other than a simple like button, I never saw members have any trouble expressing how much they disliked any update. The archives of new updates are proof of this from Hema, to Prime Access packs that bombed, to an offensive (to Koreans) operator outfit, to outrage over letting some players keep accidentally up for sale items and not letting others have a chance (think it was Baro items--Machete Wraith, Mara Detron and some other swag), to Lunaro, to that one big update in 2016 nobody liked (that I can't remember--I looked it up: Specters of the Rail). 

The assertion that we cannot dissent without the emoticons is false. It is more convenient with them, yes.

Also, @[DE]Danielle , as noted in the thread by others:

Please fix.

Edited by Rhekemi
Found a typo. Added SOTR and Baro items I remembered.

7 hours ago, Transformau5 said:

Hurr durr this stupid young generation of people wanting to have some QoL get out of my life roooo

See, doesn't that feel better than just hitting a button? It's so much more vile, so much more personal. Good change DE, this will certainly bring the community together. 

23 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

ForumWoah.png

RIP anything other that 'positive' reactions 

remember folks, you are not allowed to emote that you are 'sad' or 'confused' , those are 'bad' =/ 

FFS this is the kind of 'everybody gets a participation award' nonsense =/ 

so if enough ppl QQ about it can we basically get DE to cave in to anything now? free Excal primes for all? always get an arcane for just attempting a trial ; hey u tried at least u deserve something right?... 

a small bit of hyperbole above, but only a small bit... =/

It's funny that people are so bent out of shape about the lack of ''negative'' reactions. As if you need to have a negative emoji?

Nobody is stopping you from leaving a comment. Has contributing become so difficult that we need to rely on a button to do it for us?