Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid is gonna need another rework for PoE...

Naruchico

I just can't see how anyone can play hydroid in PoE...were mobility is key...and yet what am I suppose to do with him slowly puddle around A GIANT FIELD....just saying it don't make sense so please please take another look at him, before we have to see the horrid situation of him becoming just another fodder frame from the PoE update!

Long term PoE gameplay is about picking your best frame with the best build you can possibly think of for the job you're looking to do.

If your best frame is Hydroid and the build you want it to be is mostly mobile then you would naturally have the frame forma'd and well modded to achieve that.
If it were me, I'd make my Hydroid range/efficiency based so I am more capable of spamming 2. For damage I'd mostly focus on using my weapons any way. If you're farming materials you could go with pilfering so I'd also pick duration over power strength - again my weapons would be doing the damage.

26 minutes ago, Naruchico said:

what am I suppose to do with him slowly puddle around A GIANT FIELD

That's like saying "Banshee's Sound Quake is useless because it doesn't give you mobility"
Why would you use puddle for mobility? The puddle has other uses. Hydroid has his Tidal Surge for mobility. And do you really want a Hydroid Rework? His 1, which can strip armor with augment, and his 4 have unlimited range on casting. So before enemies even see you, you can spam your abilities in order to weaken them.

Frame mobility is going to be less relevant in PoE than normal Warframe, IMO. From what we've seen so far, enemy areas are about the size of a large normal room, but the potential engagement range is as long as you want it to be (oh no, 1/2 damage on snipers!), so I see AW being a much larger part of mobility than normal.

d o n’t

b e

h y d r o i d

t h e n.

Edited by EndermanBeast
d o n t b e h y d r o i d t h e n

The only change I'd like for hydroid is the ability for 2 to go around/over blockages on the maps.  The amount of times I've had the big wave get stuck on a tiny little lip or on the corner of a box is just stupid, it's water, it will flow around/over most things.

What if I told you Hydroid's 1 and 4 have no fixed casting range ?
Power range only affects the area of the impact zone.
So in theory he can cast anywhere in the horizon as long he has LOS.

Not sure how DE is going to fix that but I'm so gonna abuse it :)
Who needs mobility if I can artillery strike them out at 600 meters ?

Edited by fatpig84

Guys we need to rework Inaros. His tornado is terrible for traversal.

Guys Ivara needs a rework. Prowl is so slow. How will this possibly work in Plains?!?

Guys Frost needs a rework. His bubble shield doesn't move with you. Do you want me to die?

Guys Mesa needs a rework. Peacemaker is the absolute worst for exploring the plains. I can't even move.

Guys Nezha needs a rework. Blazing Chakram is an awful way to get from point A to point B. This simply doesn't work!

5 hours ago, Naruchico said:

I just can't see how anyone can play hydroid in PoE...were mobility is key...and yet what am I suppose to do with him slowly puddle around A GIANT FIELD....just saying it don't make sense so please please take another look at him, before we have to see the horrid situation of him becoming just another fodder frame from the PoE update!

Do you even Hydroid properly? 

Just askin'.

5 hours ago, Naruchico said:

You use your archwing to move around.

Fair enough, seems I am the only one annoyed that his strongest ability is now puddle, and it's pretty miserable to use, but I am doing it wrong by using tidal surge to mo....damn it all the guys in it are now back there in field....-_-....guess I'll use tentacle....and they are moving right around them....recast...and they spawn elsewh....and Im outta energy...welp there goes my favorite frame into the dustpile just like my kubrows.

8 hours ago, Naruchico said:

He was never reworked.  Just revisited.

A stronger, more mobile Tidal Surge (augment?) could help.

And turning his puddle into a whirlpool of death...at least visually.