The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bane mod or 60/60 elemental for final slot?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I have a few weapons that have a free mod slot. I know there are a lot of different mods I can put on, but for the sake of this question, I'm only looking at these two mods (looking to maximize DPS).

You have bane mods that do 30% extra damage to a specific faction, primed that do +55%, and those 60/60 status mods.

Lets assume that the weapon in question has a very low status chance. Which mod leads to higher DPS? Bane or the 60/60 elemental status mods? How much better is one over the other?

5 answers to this question

Assuming that your build already has two elementals, which most builds should have, adding more additive elemental damage won't do much. Whereas a bane mod would multiply your total damage by 1.3 or 1.55 against the chosen faction.

Also, some people still seem to think that you need to proc status to deal elemental damage. That's not the case. You'll do elemental damage on every shot and status procs just proc status effects.

On any weapon a primed bane will add more damage regardless of status chance. But you will have to set up each config to use elemental types for set faction, with that primed bane of mod for said faction.

Generally people don't use these mods even though they give a definite boost.

Bane Mod, but only if the status chance is 10% or less, or if you are using the wrong element for the faction.

Corrosive, Toxin, Gas, and Viral procs do more for your DPS than Primed Bane mods, but only if you can proc then quickly.

For low status chance, go ahead with the Primed Bane, assuming you don't forget it's on there and try to fight another faction.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I have a few weapons that have a free mod slot. I know there are a lot of different mods I can put on, but for the sake of this question, I'm only looking at these two mods (looking to maximize DPS).

You have bane mods that do 30% extra damage to a specific faction, primed that do +55%, and those 60/60 status mods.

Lets assume that the weapon in question has a very low status chance. Which mod leads to higher DPS? Bane or the 60/60 elemental status mods? How much better is one over the other?

If a weapon has a low status chance (15% or less) than I'd pass on both the bane mod and the 60/60 mod.

Take the 90% mod instead.

IMO, it feels like a waste of time setting up my A, B, and C slots for each particular faction considering everything already dies pretty quickly on the star chart.

Depends on weapon and how hardworking you are.

the bane thing will no doubt increase the damage by alot. because :

the calculation is ( total weapon after mod ) x 1 + % from mod.

i will put 60 60 as long the weapon has more stats than 15%. if less than 10% like others say 90% mod it is