Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amazing Job DE

Desamos

Keith Power and George Spanos at DE are the main guys responsible for Warframe's amazing and one-of-a-kind sound and music (there are definitely others, but I do not know their names specifically). I got the opportunity to speak with them at TennoCon this year. They were so passionate about it, and I even asked them a question relating to the music.

A few days before my brother and I made the trip out to Canada for TennoCon, the digital OST was released for Warframe. (You bet your bottom that I bought it and added it to my flash drive of music for the 14 hour trip over. ;D).

When we got there, I was walking around for a bit, and I noticed them at a table all by themselves. I shook their hands and exchanged pleasantries, and I asked Keith and George about something I had on my mind relating to WF's theme. I asked, "Is the first track on the OST considered to be Warframe's Main Theme?", to which they answered, "Yeah, pretty much."

I asked about the music that plays when you launch the game, and the tracks that play in the background as you're logging in.

Keith added, "That first track I think could be considered Warframe's main theme, and it should be added to the game in some regard and not just through cinematics. Maybe it could play in place of the random tracks we have playing on the login screen. Sure." ~ something to that effect, it's been a little while. d:

We talked about a few more things and then proceeded to have an amazing time at TennoCon. I can't even summarize the feeling I got when they revealed the Plains of Eidolon, the cheer and the roar of the crowd around me, it was truly something. It was, almost surreal.
It truly was a one of a kind experience for my brother and I. I'm super excited for next year, but if the last two were any indicator it's only going to get bigger and bigger. Might have to change venues at some point.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Keith Power and George Spanos at DE are the main guys responsible for Warframe's amazing and one-of-a-kind sound and music (there are definitely others, but I do not know their names specifically). I got the opportunity to speak with them at TennoCon this year. They were so passionate about it, and I even asked them a question relating to the music.

A few days before my brother and I made the trip out to Canada for TennoCon, the digital OST was released for Warframe. (You bet your bottom that I bought it and added it to my flash drive of music for the 14 hour trip over. ;D).

When we got there, I was walking around for a bit, and I noticed them at a table all by themselves. I shook their hands and exchanged pleasantries, and I asked Keith and George about something I had on my mind relating to WF's theme. I asked, "Is the first track on the OST considered to be Warframe's Main Theme?", to which they answered, "Yeah, pretty much."

I asked about the music that plays when you launch the game, and the tracks that play in the background as you're logging in.

Keith added, "That first track I think could be considered Warframe's main theme, and it should be added to the game in some regard and not just through cinematics. Maybe it could play in place of the random tracks we have playing on the login screen. Sure." ~ something to that effect, it's been a little while. d:

We talked about a few more things and then proceeded to have an amazing time at TennoCon.
It truly was a one of a kind experience for my brother and I. I'm super excited for next year, but if the last two were any indicator it's only going to get bigger and bigger. Might have to chance venues at some point.

Wow that's amazing. Now I wish I went... Thanks for sharing your story <3 :clem:

Just now, Desamos said:

Wow that's amazing. Now I wish I went... Thanks for sharing your story <3 :clem:

The beautiful thing about it is that there's always next year. :D
It's going to be packed even tighter next time, I tell you.

No problem, I love reminiscing as much as anyone else, especially about something I'm so passionate about.

Keith Power, George Spanos, and perhaps guest sound artists. Beyond this, I know nothing.

Spoiler

"Do you remember, Tenno, the beat of the Naga Drum?" - Hunhow.

I wonder if DE would ever consider the option to build the Mandachord as a Gear item so you can play the songs you make using Octavia, or make ones seperately.

I mean, imagine if they expanded on the Mandachord and had two versions: Octavia's Arm-Mandachord, and The Mandachord.

Octavia's would be as it is now; short, simple, and loopable.

The Mandachord itself, however, would have three times the length, and the option to use any sounds at your disposal (so you could have a long track that fades between all the different instrument packs).

41 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

Thanks for the compliments!  There are definitely more people to the sound team than just Keith and I :laugh: : Erich, Willem, Travis, Jeff, Carl, David, and our audio programmer Jordan.

It's funny because almost every game I've played I mute the music to focus and actually not get agitated. Warframe is one of the games where I actually raise the music to be able to focus, relax, and actually enjoy the game a lot more all these years. Thank you.