Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I almost never see void defense anymore...

Clowee

The Void defense missions are really one of the only missions I enjoy playing.  I don't like most of the other missions for various reasons.  These reasons are not important, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Before Spectres of the Rail (or fail) came out, I was able to easily find the defense missions as there was almost always one running.  Now I pretty much log in, look for the mission I want on the fissure list, and 9/10 or more times just log off in disgust.  The last 12 times I've logged in there has been no missions I want to play.  Essentially the update, which I know was several updates ago, has ruined Warframe for me and I only play a small fraction of the time I used to.  Even running the missions at random now doesnt work out well because you can't keep anybody around longer than a few argon crystal drops, and the non fissure rewards are pretty much trash so there's no incentive.

I would really like to see more selection available to choose the missions I want to play when logging on.  The current state of things just does not give me the motivation to play anymore.   Having 7 missions available and none of them even close to what I want to play just feels like I shouldn't bother anymore.

Edited by Clowee

Very few people bother with the void now, aside from the odd argon crystal there is little reason to run it over other locations. And while missions are generated at random, I would not be surprised if it used a weighted system so the more popular missions turn up more frequently. If that is the case you are going to be S#&$ outta luck more often than not.

TBH it sounds to me as though you should probably take a break and find another game to play, at least for a while, or try POE when it drops, and if you still feel the same take a break then. If you hung around and played longer sessions when you do log in you would probably be there when the missions you prefer do drop. However, if I was so bored that I only wanted to play one mission type in a specific location that was rarely available I would take a few months out.

Edited by HexCaliber

Thanks for the feedback Hex.

I actually have been playing other games since Spectres of the Rail released, but every so often I like to Warframe.  I have limited playtime so when I log in I like to Void defense a few times and log out.  It just irritates me to no end because prior to this horrible update I put a lot of time and effort into supporting the game because i greatly enjoyed it, and now all that time is basically wasted because I cant play what I want when I want to play it. I'm not really bored so to speak, it's just other missions don't grab my interest as much, so I tend to not play them.

I wouldn't call the update horrible. There is still a reason to play in the void defense, which are Neo and Axi relic. The main issue is that a lot of players prefer playing in other areas. Void presents a certain difficulty and thus makes it a little less efficient (but fun).

I do agree that the update made the void a lot less relevant and they might want to add more incentives to it. Trace rewards could be good but that might be too much or too little depending on the amount. But I still think the update made the game better. 

One of the problems with long run endless missions is lack of incentive. Previously, A single T4D key would be needed to enter a void defense and players tended to be short on these. So the incentive to make the most of that key led to 60+ waves. 

Nowadays there is very little incentive to play longer runs as each player much produce a relic every five waves anyway. There is the slight resource boost; but that is negligible when facing stronger enemies every round. Do the four (or five for the bonus relic) then rinse and repeat to keep enemy levels low.

I preferred like 20-40 waves each run.  Didn't really care for much beyond that.

My routine was to log in after work, run about 2-3 of these and call it a night.  Now it's just a roll of the dice if there's anything even enjoyable to do at all.  I don't mind some other missions occasionally, but I really liked the void defense.  Personal preference I guess.

and i will call the update horrible because it reduced my playtime by upwards of at least 80-90% since it dropped.  Mowing monsters in a T3D was a nice relaxing after work activity which got taken away.  I don't really see the harm in having much more availability for these missions since everybody has to burn a key now anyway.