Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Mains unite

(PSN)Chel-El

1 minute ago, Sabreracer said:

Originally I put max duration for SP spread but even with high strength it's weakass for Corpus now.  

Magnetising a group on a choke point with strength and a moderate duration works well for DoT on enemies entering the bubble.  Leveling my re-built Lanka for PoE was giving me 65-75% damage at Hydron so pretty decent.

Range is most important she doesn't really need much power strength at all.   Magnetize pairs best with base damage weapons crit weapons don't increase the explosion as much.  I have 88% duration I like having a massive explosion every 8 Seconds.

Max range also helps pull  yank things into bubbles range.

Pox/mara Detron work very well,   I use supra vandle quite a bit now with her too.  I got a pretty good Riven for it and you can charge a death bubble quickly with it, plus entropy gives more energy.

Mag is really one of the most dominant offensive frames in the game at the moment.  A lot of people still want to try to build her purely on her polarize ability but magnetizes where it's at for her now.    if more knew how to play her optimally she probably get nerfed.

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

- when alata skin is a must have.

Without a doubt!  That skin is what made me use Mag more.  Glad I did too.  

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Mag is really one of the most dominant offensive frames in the game at the moment.  A lot of people still want to try to build her purely on her polarize ability but magnetizes where it's at for her now.    if more knew how to play her optimally she probably get nerfed.

Hehe, I can agree with this.  Thankfully, most still thinks she sux so nerfing her won't be happening anytime soon.  :D

33 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'll post a couple of my builds later, you guys mind looking them over?

i have a low duration magnetice discharge build ive been experimenting with Unfortunately, the augment doesnt work if the bubble expires on its own. If it did, Mag would be great at disarming

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i have a low duration magnetice discharge build ive been experimenting with Unfortunately, the augment doesnt work if the bubble expires on its own. If it did, Mag would be great at disarming

I tried out the augment but haven't come up with a build that works with my play style. :/

I lean towards negative duration builds and ran into this as well.  Gonna pick up another Mag and experiment with it but in have to finish my other two experimental builds lol

Edited by MagPrime

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I tried out the augment but haven't come up with a build that works with my play style. :/

I lean towards negative duration builds and ran into this as well.  Gonna pick up another Mag and experiment with it but in have to finish my other two experimental builds lol

That's the same issue I have with that augment.  I also use a negative duration build.  It would be really nice if that augment still worked when the bubble expires on it's own.  

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's the same issue I have with that augment.  I also use a negative duration build.  It would be really nice if that augment still worked when the bubble expires on it's own.  

Tbh it'd be nice if it was just a feature of the ability lol but that goes for most augments in the game.

So I never really used Mag in the past and to be honest it's hard for me to identify any one main for me as I like to pick frames based on their use case for each mission. Although excal might be a close main for me. Anyways:

I really want to like Mag but I'm not really sure how to play or build her. What is your favorite playstyle with Mag and how do you build to facilitate that?

38 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Especially for the Navigator and Lantern augments.  Those two augments almost "triggered" me when I first saw them.  

Fracturing Crush, Pilfering, Despoil, etc.

30 minutes ago, VaricBreem said:

Woa There  Chill  ,  Mag is fine  and  all But Frost  Is the Coolest

Punny.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)JustinC5126 said:

So I never really used Mag in the past and to be honest it's hard for me to identify any one main for me as I like to pick frames based on their use case for each mission. Although excal might be a close main for me. Anyways:

I really want to like Mag but I'm not really sure how to play or build her. What is your favorite playstyle with Mag and how do you build to facilitate that?

I'm mobile.  Like, squirell on helium mobile. (Direct quote from some in game) so i like spamability, high damage and low duration, paired with the Sancti Tigris,  Azima, Broken War and a few others that are mostly faction, mood or mission dependant.

4 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

Originally I put max duration for SP spread but even with high strength it's weakass for Corpus now.  

Magnetising a group on a choke point with strength and a moderate duration works well for DoT on enemies entering the bubble.  Leveling my re-built Lanka for PoE was giving me 65-75% damage at Hydron so pretty decent.

My bubble spreads fast and large. Duration makes it take forever to spread like nova. With mag you want her fast. If you have the augment that syphons to her shield its really helpful. When i first used it. It crawled really slowly and it didn't make sense. Magnets do not work that way. I feel like mag works best with speedy gameplay not standing there with large slow casts like other frames. Being nimble seems to be the key to mag success for me.

Edited by Lancars

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I'm mobile.  Like, squirell on helium mobile. (Direct quote from some in game) so i like spamability, high damage and low duration, paired with the Sancti Tigris,  Azima, Broken War and a few others that are mostly faction, mood or mission dependant

Similar.  Just change weapons to Arca Plasmor (was Supra Vandal w/Entropy Burst), AkMagnus with Crit Damage and Status Chance riven, and Galatine Prime to slice enemies that come flying my way after using Pull.  That last combo is just so much fun.  All while wearing Alata Skin in default HitsuSan colors with a white jet pack.  Mwuhahahahaha

16 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Similar.  Just change weapons to Arca Plasmor (was Supra Vandal w/Entropy Burst), AkMagnus with Crit Damage and Status Chance riven, and Galatine Prime to slice enemies that come flying my way after using Pull.  That last combo is just so much fun.  All while wearing Alata Skin in default HitsuSan colors with a white jet pack.  Mwuhahahahaha

I run my Alata in cream/gold/imperial purple/gray accents w/Nsaru and Knaita helm.

So today Lanka was finished another mag milestone reached! It feels clunkier and heavier compared to Rubico/Vulkar tho but I'll make it work with practice. The charge mechanic feels like Paris which was my starter primary. Any tips on punch through weapons like these? it has 5 punch through what does that mean for a Mag main?

Gammacor gift from Neptune also done. With its beam mechanic it does feel like Symmetra mowing down with laser all over again. Pure Magnetic elemental weapon. I can't help but use it in tandem with Polarize to annihilate Corpus threats. Dual wielding it with a glaive for badass effect. 

I have to agree with Mag & mobility. I made the mistake of thinking her base speed is faster/better than other frames but it turns out to be average (1.0). She just feels nimble.

Her bullet jump probably has something to do with this. Picking up items, energy and heals while dpsing (1,2,3 activates in mid air), it feels like she's accomplishing things just by being mobile.

She's literally Chun-li with 3 midair attacks and constantly jumping to reposition, vacuum and evade. 

Have you tried bullet jump with a shotgun? Or Mag with any shotgun? Her prime comes with a Boar and a sword after all. 

How true is the rumor that magnetize does not work well with shotgun pellets? 

Thanks Mag mains the tips n tricks are spreading like shards. 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

My typical Mag loadout.

Drakgoon, DetronM or Angstrum, any melee of choice as I don't really use melee on Mag.

I rock a 200 strength build, 160 range, and 128 duration with FC or Shield Polarize depending on mission. 

Now for playstyle, I never hold still unless I have cover, which is built into Magnetize, which I fire a full charge flak shot into too get the DoT rolling. Once I ensure I'm a safe mag, I crush > polarize some fools for CC and debuffing, and maybe kills if they're grouped. I use pull if the enemy refuses to group and needs a reminder who runs things on this battlefield.

For maximum magnitude, I take the graxx skin and use tonfas positioned to look like floating wings. 

I was too lazy to fix the poses.

Spoiler

fVsmlPx.jpg?1

wpQVdsj.jpg?1

One build is based off the other, with some tweaks.  I wanted the second to be flexible while the first, I wanted a bit more specialization.

Spoiler

HzWYfWc.jpg?1

Yes, 10 Forma.  It's crazy!  But keep in mind, this was my very first Prime Warframe and I've had it for the last 4 years.

7MIPudy.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, 10 Forma.  It's crazy!  But keep in mind, this was my very first Prime Warframe and I've had it for the last 4 years.

I can't say nothing bad about this.  I got 7 in Ivara.  More power to ya.  :D

edit:  Oh yeah, great colors.  I like.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

My typical Mag loadout.

Drakgoon, DetronM or Angstrum, any melee of choice as I don't really use melee on Mag.

I rock a 200 strength build, 160 range, and 128 duration with FC or Shield Polarize depending on mission. 

Now for playstyle, I never hold still unless I have cover, which is built into Magnetize, which I fire a full charge flak shot into too get the DoT rolling. Once I ensure I'm a safe mag, I crush > polarize some fools for CC and debuffing, and maybe kills if they're grouped. I use pull if the enemy refuses to group and needs a reminder who runs things on this battlefield.

For maximum magnitude, I take the graxx skin and use tonfas positioned to look like floating wings. 

I first thought magnetize was her safety bubble before unleashing 4 to compensate for 4's slow cast

but Orsodan from another topic suggested the 3,4,3 combo.

The initial polarize staggers them enough to create a safe space for crush and it's a more efficient primer 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

HzWYfWc.jpg?1

7MIPudy.jpg?1

10 Forma and still Steel Charge? Also Rank 9 Primed Flow....

5b153e36bebd9ff9b08f3ab9ed6e367f.jpg 

Edited by --Q--Voltage