The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people stay sane while credit farming?

(PSN)darkeshrine

Seriously, title. Thought Baro was next week, and had no credits, so I bought a 3 day booster. Farmed Heiracon for the credits to buy all the things I wanted and max them(minus the primed mod), and continued after Baro left as to not waste the booster. I'm going nuts. The booster couldn't end soon enough, but it eventually did. Had to take a ton of breaks between each 3-5 runs. Bought a few blueprints off the marketplace or from the dojo, crafted a few things. Between Baro and expenditures, I probably only spent about 3 million credits. Credit booster finally ended and I only had 1.7 million credits, enough to finish maxing one of my 7 primed mods that need maxing. Daily login got me another 3 hour credit booster, but I feel like I'm going to start tearing my hair out.

How do people stay sane credit farming? Especially when there's so many rank 10 mods to max? I've been at this off and on for 3 days now and it feels like I haven't done anything at all.

5 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

You are new, right? why do you think we are sane?

New-ish. Mr14, but only because I binged the game for 4 months. Haven't done sorties. Haven't done the Index, too wary of losing my caps... still need to do Glast Gambit too.

Yeah, don't know why I thought people here were still sane. It is an mmo after all. 

Just now, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

New-ish. Mr14, but only because I binged the game for 4 months. Haven't done sorties. Haven't done the Index, too wary of losing my caps... still need to do Glast Gambit too.

Yeah, don't know why I thought people here were still sane. It is an mmo after all. 

See? now you are learning, now ... look deeper into the forums and find pure madness.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

Seriously, title. Thought Baro was next week, and had no credits, so I bought a 3 day booster. Farmed Heiracon for the credits to buy all the things I wanted and max them(minus the primed mod), and continued after Baro left as to not waste the booster. I'm going nuts. The booster couldn't end soon enough, but it eventually did. Had to take a ton of breaks between each 3-5 runs. Bought a few blueprints off the marketplace or from the dojo, crafted a few things. Between Baro and expenditures, I probably only spent about 3 million credits. Credit booster finally ended and I only had 1.7 million credits, enough to finish maxing one of my 7 primed mods that need maxing. Daily login got me another 3 hour credit booster, but I feel like I'm going to start tearing my hair out.

How do people stay sane credit farming? Especially when there's so many rank 10 mods to max? I've been at this off and on for 3 days now and it feels like I haven't done anything at all.

You don't farm for them. That's how I stay sane. 

I have 70 million credits and I've never had to farm for them. Even at the start. When I first started, never cared about anything much. That was ages ago. 

When I started a new account to start fresh, Me and a friend just played Draco and I built up credits pretty quick. Then when he stopped playing, I jumped into a really cool clan around the time the quanta vandle first came out. Did the event for that and got above a million credits and then started doing  alot of raids with my clan. Really nice guys, had a tone of fun doing them and here I am now, 70 million

I also buy all prime accessories so at the moment, I have 200+ days left of my booster

Just now, -InV-igo95862 said:

Raids. LoR gives you around 300 000 credits if you find the crate with boost. JV 450 000 credits  I think. Do them daily for the arcanes and soon you will have more credits then you will ever use.

^This + The Index. If you enjoy JV and/or LoRs, you can buy a 30 day booster and do them daily. The credits start to pile up. I am sitting at around 380 mil atm, and I also have 100 pedestial primes :smile: 

2 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Raids. LoR gives you around 300 000 credits if you find the crate with boost. JV 450 000 credits  I think. Do them daily for the arcanes and soon you will have more credits then you will ever use.

It's just one of those things where I really don't think I have the gear to go into a raid or sorties and actually be helpful. I've done next to no Forma'ing and I've yet to max a primed mod. Just don't want to go in and have everyone refuse to take me a second time, but maxing my mods and forma'ing my gear up properly takes so much farming that I'm really just starting to wear myself out on Warframe.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

First: Implying anyone who plays this game is sane

Second: Credit farming is something you can also do passively, just run normal missions and/or specialized missions to mix it up and keep is semi-fresh. Raids are a good way to earn credits, as well as index with a credit booster (High Risk normally pays out 200k credits, but it pays 400k with credit booster) which is about the same as Raids for roughly similar amount of time (if you average 15-20 minute Raids) but no party restrictions. 

As someone who has less than 10 mods left to finish maxing (all are primed mods, and I already own every obtainable mod in the game) I understand where you're coming from. However for me it's mostly different since it's all I have left to do. So my advice is to power through it but don't burn yourself out if you don't have much else to do. Play music, watch something simultaneously to bide the time and make it less dull if you don't have someone to talk to (e.g. Discord, TeamSpeak, etc.) Hopefully with Plains of Eidolon this week, credit farming should be a little more interesting whilst on Cetus. Power through it and you'll reap the benefits greatly, that's my advice, hope it helps.

Edited by DarkDullahan-Prime

I am SO glad I played in ye early days of the game.

One of the old farming locations (before Viver was even a thing) there was the time when Darksectors were the newest thing, most particularly a node called Sechura. It was THE place to level and also gave a lot of credits.

Farmed millions upon millions in those days just by leveling weapons. never have gone under 30 million in years and I have not much I have to spend it on xD

(the credit rewards were nerved across the board however in that same year)

And as people said already. You think we are sane? lol.

Edited by Airwolfen

i play the game. i don't play anything in particular, zero 'farming for ___' involved with Credits.

i have more than i could ever use. has been a positive trend since 2013.
and i have 6+ various ranked copies of just about every Mod for flexibility, buy lots of stuff from Void Trader for no particular reason, Transmuting from time to time, Et Cetera. i.e. i am not particularly careful with expenditure. i just don't expect to recover from spending many Millions at once in the next 10 minutes. i'll get Millions more pretty quickly anyways.

if you're managing your Resources poorly and are knee jerk reacting to sudden needs for things, that's how you have a bad time. plan ahead, do things that help you have what you need or will probably need, basically play the game - play all sorts of things in the game, not just a tiny handful of the same Missions.

1 hour ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

Get ember, a credit booster and go to semini.

Do 5 waves (it won't take more than 5 min) and leave.

You will get around 47k+

And in no time you will end up with hundred of thousands

1 hour ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

Very few people will actively credit farm without some serious thought put into it. Personally, I just do whatever I decide to do and let the credits roll in as they may. If I do actively farm for credits, I swap Frames between missions, or pull an endless mission for X waves/cycles, and start my music playlist thumping. I'll admit I rarely truly focus on the mission itself when credit farming, unless Corrupt Vor or a field boss or kill squad shows up.