The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people stay sane while credit farming?

(PSN)darkeshrine

I wouldn't sell duplicate mods for credits. Convert them to endo. I just turned about 2000 dupes into 12k of endo. Multiple sources for credits have been mentioned. I spent hours at Siemini farming credits before the Index came out. I did two hours of Low Risk Index with a booster and made 7 million. 

i have yet to ever farm credits, have the secura lecta, buy a booster, nor do raids pass a second try, and i'm still standing with 20 million credits...

Still, i found a way to kinda exploit the sortie system. Since sorties restart before the login rewards, just do the 1st and 2nd sorties, wait till the login reward restarts, then do the third sortie (with double reward from the first successful mission of the day)

My best advice ?
Take it slow.

Once you can do sorties regularly without dying every few minutes, you will earn a decent wage on a daily basis.
Akkad will expedite it even more. Loot centric frames like Nekros will generate even more income for you.
Raids are also another money spinner but generally take a bit more time and brain cells than sorties.

But either way once you can sortie / raids daily without issue, you will have so much credits lying around.

Well, your mistake is purely doing one thing at a time. I usually do 3 or 4 things at a time, like when i'm farming credits I also level up my weapons. Finding rare primes while farming void traces, or doing simaris hunt while doing kuva missions. It's a mix and match, but I usually try to have at least 2 things to do in 1 mission.

Anyways, sorties and index are a good way to farm credits. and like I said above, sorties can net you endo or perhaps a riven, while you also farm for credits. it's just really neat that way.

Edited by KuroShiranui

8 hours ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

It's just one of those things where I really don't think I have the gear to go into a raid or sorties and actually be helpful. I've done next to no Forma'ing and I've yet to max a primed mod. Just don't want to go in and have everyone refuse to take me a second time, but maxing my mods and forma'ing my gear up properly takes so much farming that I'm really just starting to wear myself out on Warframe.

You don't need to have all the cheesiest stuff maxed all out to be actually helpful in sorties and raids. Normal stuff will be fine, especially for sorties, which are little more than normal missions a little bit souped up with enemy levels and some conditions like weapon restrictions or reduced energy. With raids the main issue isn't what you bring to the mission but whether you know what to do. Most clans will do explain-raids, where they go slowly through everything, explaining what to do and where to go so you will know and after a few times practice (you probably won't be able to memorize everything right at the first time) you have that covered without issues. On Youtube there are also walkthrough videos with the raids explained in detail. They will be happy that they get more people participating in raids and won't telling them to bug off because they aren't the most leet person around with all the shiny stuff. If they do look for another clan because they are just dumb anyway.

9 hours ago, (PS4)darkeshrine said:

New-ish. Mr14, but only because I binged the game for 4 months. Haven't done sorties. Haven't done the Index, too wary of losing my caps... still need to do Glast Gambit too.

Yeah, don't know why I thought people here were still sane. It is an mmo after all. 

Literally got MR13 in less than a month. never have problems with credits.

10 hours ago, Arniox said:

I also buy all prime accessories so at the moment, I have 200+ days left of my booster

This counts for a lot more than you might think. Over 90 days, credits do add up pretty quickly with a booster continually running. 

Essentially, I don't farm for credits and haven't in years. Play the game, get credits. As long as you're not spending too much, they'll continually increase. I used to focus more around doing alerts, invasions (when credit rewards were a thing), and the Dark Sectors (when credit awards where a thing...sorta), but at some point you get enough (around 11mil I found) where you couldn't spend them faster than they'd accumulate--mostly because you didn't have that much to spend on anymore. 

Ten rank mods are the real killers, but I never obsessed over ranking them up and there were only a few worth doing to begin with. Primed mods were (and still are) a significant credit drain, but the rate of introduction was low enough that funds recovered and increased in the interval between new ones. 

You do have to play enough to keep a positive cash flow. If you only play 10 hours a week, you're never going to be able to accumulate any significant degree of funds. I've found that's it around 30 hours a week where just playing will keep the money coming in and cover operating expenses. 

Edited by Sloan441
Can't type...or spell, apparently.

34 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

This counts for a lot more than you might think. Over 90 days, credits do add up pretty quickly with a booster continually running. 

Essentially, I don't farm for credits and haven't in years. Play the game, get credits. As long as you're not spending too much, they'll continually increase. I used to focus more around doing alerts, invasions (when credit rewards were a thing), and the Dark Sectors (when credit awards where a thing...sorta), but at some point you get enough (around 11mil I found) where you couldn't spend them faster than they'd accumulate--mostly because you didn't have that much to spend on anymore. 

Ten rank mods are the real killers, but I never obsessed over ranking them up and there were only a few worth doing to begin with. Primed mods were (and still are) a significant credit drain, but the rate of introduction was low enough that funds recovered and increased in the interval between new ones. 

You do have to play enough to keep a positive cash flow. If you only play 10 hours a week, you're never going to be able to accumulate any significant degree of funds. I've found that's it around 30 hours a week where just playing will keep the money coming in and cover operating expenses. 

I said 200 days. Not 90 days. I've never bought any boosters ingame mind you, they all came from prime accessories.

Also, I don't play much anymore, but I also don't need to buy anything since I own everything in the game. I've gotten a little bored and I'm hyped for the plains to get me back into the swing of things. When I was playing a lot more and doing raids, I would accumulate around 20 million every week from doing all three raids and sorties every day. I don't play nearly enough anymore. Technically, if I was buying items and levelling prime modes, I would be in a negative deficit. I still do sorties though, so that's around 100k per day.

15 minutes ago, Arniox said:

I said 200 days. Not 90 days. I've never bought any boosters ingame mind you, they all came from prime accessories.

He’s clearly talking in general terms about the utility of Prime Access.

That the bundled boosters in the relevant packs are 90 days in duration.

This has nothing to do with you and your playtime - he’s using your post as an example of how it’s easy to accumulate credits if you buy the PA that includes boosters. How long you have left on your timer is irrelevant to his point.

45 minutes ago, Arniox said:

I said 200 days. Not 90 days. I've never bought any boosters ingame mind you, they all came from prime accessories

PAs come in 90 day increments. You can always buy more, but jumping on board for an accessory PA will get you 90 days. Some run longer or shorter than others, so they can potentially stack--or run out (Trinity Prime's PA comes to mind; she ran way long). 

Also, this is more for the benefit of the OP. Accumulating credits is more of a mindset in the game. Expose yourself to opportunity and you'll make money. Accessory PAs are an option, however. The bulk of their cost is really (well, supposedly) in the boosters. 

Stay sane? You don't get to grind warframe to the bone and remain sane. If you want to farm credits, you'll have to give up your sanity like the rest of us. HAHAaHahHhAhahHAha.

Just do index. Most credits per hour compared to anything in the entire game. Just be sure to at least have a tigris(status build)/ Rhino(strength+efficiency for iron skin) to start so you can at least get some kills. Be warned though, if you jump in unprepared, get paired with someone who is unprepared, or just loose out on luck, you will lose credits instead of make them.

Doing the raids everyday, + all the credit boosters from loot boxes on the raids and login rewards I have over 250 million credits - and people I play with have twice that.

Only thing I lose my mind from is farming kuva where the amount awarded vs [amount required to roll rivens + time it takes to run each mission] is horrendously frustrating.

11 hours ago, Arezael said:

He’s clearly talking in general terms about the utility of Prime Access.

That the bundled boosters in the relevant packs are 90 days in duration.

This has nothing to do with you and your playtime - he’s using your post as an example of how it’s easy to accumulate credits if you buy the PA that includes boosters. How long you have left on your timer is irrelevant to his point.

yeah. I know. I was just mentioning it. It wasn't meant to be out of anger or anything. Just a statement.