Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the clan reward and affinity system.

Matrillex

I know that these clan's worked for these things but the fact that other clan's that didn't get the opportunity is the main problem. By giving trophies or even worse exclusive weapons to clans that other clans will never be able to get it makes it so no one want's to join the clan's that don't have it. This makes it harder for new clans to get people and after enough have gone by old clans will have so much more to offer then a new clan that making a new clan will be virtually impossible and thus essentially breaking the game's clan feature. Solar Rails and Cosmic Specters need to be available to research even if not usable and trophies need to completely loose affinity towards clan rank. With Ignis Wraith it either needs to be removed or made public and the fact that research makes it know that you have 18/19 certainly doesn't help. Maybe the clans who lose it can gain come kind of compensation; Endo, Ductets, Platinum, whatever. It's not a very big problem now but if it continues it WILL break one of the game's main features and at that point it will be a whole lot harder to fix. If DE's goal was to make it so only a select amount of clan's exist and push people away then they're doing a good job. I really do love this game and I would hate to see this mistake break it or at the very least obsolete a feature. 

Edited by Matrillex

the blueprint is tradeable, and a lot of clans that had them were handing them out for free for months

even if u didnt get it as resurch, u could have still got the bp from the event like i did...

ifu  started late and missed an event, then that's ur fault, and the weapons from events arnt mandatory to play the game eather, they r incentive to play regularly 

stop

being

mad

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

the blueprint is tradeable, and a lot of clans that had them were handing them out for free for months

even if u didnt get it as resurch, u could have still got the bp from the event like i did...

ifu  started late and missed an event, then that's ur fault, and the weapons from events arnt mandatory to play the game eather, they r incentive to play regularly 

stop

being

mad

Not mad; just pointing out a horrible flaw. And if someone didn't know of the game how is it their fault for not knowing, being late, then missing the event? Try thinking long term of how this will effect the game and the blueprint wasn't the only point.

Edited by Matrillex

i highly doubt majority of people looking for clans care for ignis wraith, it's basicly the same as normal ignis, dps is so @(*()$ close it does not make a bloody difference :l

(if all of the people are after mastery and i am fairly sure they aren't since founder items exists *cough cough*)

okay sure bringing it back for another event is valid point but just making it free is no no, we worked hard to get it. deal with it *puts on shades*

Edited by Hemmo67

Just now, Matrillex said:

Not mad; just pointing out a horrible flaw. And if someone didn't know of the game how is it their fault for not knowing. Try thinking long term of how this will effect the game and the blueprint wasn't the only point.

you, can, get, for, free, ignis wraith.....

sas for other event weapons, imagin if there were no event prizes because "cant get later"

10 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

Not mad; just pointing out a horrible flaw. And if someone didn't know of the game how is it their fault for not knowing. Try thinking long term of how this will effect the game and the blueprint wasn't the only point.

It's not going to effect anything, short-term or long-term. It was limited for a limited amount of time. It was exclusive to players that played the event or have it in their clan. It's like saying DE should remove the Stalker noggle that was available for U18 because not everyone has it. Just because people have it, you want it to be removed. 

It doesn't affect anything at all. It's going to stay in the game, clans worked hard in the event to make it permanent in their clan. Also it's tradeable, so if anyone wants it, they can buy it or trade for it.

This is how it works for every single event, better get used to it.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
Misspelled a word.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

It's not going to effect anything, short-term or long-term. Tt was limited for a limited amount of time. It was exclusive to players that played the event or have it in their clan. It's like saying DE should remove the Stalker noggle that was available for U18 because not everyone has it. Just because people have it, you want it to be removed. 

It doesn't affect anything at all. It's going to stay in the game, clans worked hard in the event to make it permanent in their clan. Also it's tradeable, so if anyone wants it, they can buy it or trade for it.

It does; I've seen first hand just how many people don't go to clans who don't have it. Whether they of ignorance or opinion it most certainly effect recruiting.

Just now, Helch0rn said:

of all the people that joined the clan I am in, I have never seen someone ask if we have the Ignis Wraith blueprint before they joined.

you are blowing this out of proportion

That's odd as I've had tons ask and more so left because of.

Edited by Matrillex

Just now, Fiftycentis said:

atm the only point of clans rank is to get some endo, so i don't think it's a problem if you have to wait one weapon to have your clan rank up, while i agree with solar rails and specters;  and ignis w bp it's given out for free by a lot of people

It's not just the Ignis Wraith it's the problem as a whole.

While many of us disagreed with DE's approach with ignis wraith, many of 'long term players' are giving it away for free to those that don't have it... I know I have because my clan was lucky enough (and worked hard enough) to get it during the event....ironically we didn't achieve the required the top individual reward with the potato installed but were fairly high up in the 10% rank..... 

It does; I've seen first hand just how many people don't go to clans who don't have it. Whether they of ignorance or opinion it most certainly effect recruiting.

And? What's your point? If players don't join certain clans, that's on them, nobody else. DE shouldn't remove a weapon from the game and clans just because you want people to join a certain clan. Certain people don't want to join certain clans that don't have them, that's perfectly fine, stop trying to force DE to remove the weapon from clans. Clans worked hard to get it permanent into their own clan. All their hard work, time and everything would be gone, stop being silly please.

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

And? What's your point? If players don't join certain clans, that's on them, nobody else. DE shouldn't remove a weapon from the game and clans just because you want people to join a certain clan. Certain people don't want to join certain clans that don't have them, that's perfectly fine, stop trying to force DE to remove the weapon from clans. Clans worked hard to get it permanent into their own clan. All their hard work, time and everything would be gone, stop being silly please.

My point is it will be more severe with more exclusives. Did you even read what I said? 

My point is it will be more severe with more exclusives. Did you even read what I said? 

whatabout EVERY SINGLE EVENT GUN EVER AND MODS AND COSMETICS

u blow this thing to be way bigger than it truly is c_c

(as my brothers used to say, "calm your T")

=)

7 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

Not a valid point at all, since DE won't do it, makes no sense whatsoever for DE to remove it from the game and clans just because certain people won't join certain clans, like I said, that's certainly on them.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Not a valid point at all, since DE won't do it, makes no sense whatsoever for DE to remove it from the game and clans just because certain people won't join certain clans, like I said, that's certainly on them.

It is when you think about it. Because soon new clans won't be able to ever go anywhere because no one will join them. Once again did you read what I said?

1 minute ago, Ghost_Yo said:

Yes, that 18/19 keeps haunting me every time I check out the clan affinity. Played for days to unlock everything from the event, still, penalized for being in a solo clan again.

Event weapons and trophies themselves are okay, but a research that's gone after the event is just asinine.

I'm not saying it goes after the event I'm saying we stop rewarding things like that for events like those to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

That's odd as I've had tons ask and more so left because of.

do you really want people in your clan that are gonna jump ship in case DE ever decides to do this again and your clan fails to get the research?

I don't want such people since they tend to be more toxic than the average.

while our clan is not the most thightly knit group, we are in general all chill. (took us like 6 months to unlock Hema and noone left the clan because we didn't research it fast enough)

even though our clan was lucky enough to be among the top 10% (I am still wondering how we managed to do that) I disagree with the unlock of  the Ignis Wraith in the dojo. But that DOES NOT mean I want it removed. I propose that the Ignis Wraith research will be a reward for the clan in the kingpin system that we will get at some point in the future.

This way clans that care will have had a decent amount of timed exclusivity and all others will have a way to unlock it

Now I am not going to dismiss your opinion, however my opinion on the issue that you presented is that from what I have seen/experienced is that there are smaller clans that are still growing fine regardless of "exclusives". Like with the example of the Ignis Wraith, yes it is exclusive in the sense that clans and individuals that participated in the event have gotten the blueprint as a reward but it is not exclusive to the point that no one would be able to get the weapon. There are plenty of clans that have no problem supplying the blueprint to those that want it. Now with weapons and items that are absolutely exclusive to clans those are few and far between when compared to the amount and variety of weapons you can still get and tend to make a reappearance later on through another event or holiday

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

do you really want people in your clan that are gonna jump ship in case DE ever decides to do this again and your clan fails to get the research?

I don't want such people since they tend to be more toxic than the average.

while our clan is not the most thightly knit group, we are in general all chill. (took us like 6 months to unlock Hema and noone left the clan because we didn't research it fast enough)

even though our clan was lucky enough to be among the top 10% (I am still wondering how we managed to do that) I disagree with the unlock of  the Ignis Wraith in the dojo. But that DOES NOT mean I want it removed. I propose that the Ignis Wraith research will be a reward for the clan in the kingpin system that we will get at some point in the future.

This way clans that care will have had a decent amount of timed exclusivity and all others will have a way to unlock it

I will say that's a fair point.