Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a "Capture the Uplink" game mode to Warframe Conclave! (Probably a Battle-Royal game mode too?)

Matoro_Zeliph

Ok to be honest,  with Lawbreakers not doing too hot (on PC), the next best thing when it comes to a fast-paced shooter with a decent player count is Warframe's Conclave (from my experience).

I'm aware that most people enjoy Warframe mainly for its PvE, however, I'm one of the few who enjoy Warframe mainly for it's PvP. As it has a unique set of movement mechanics. But I'd have to admit it is under-cooked when it comes to its current game modes. They're too generic and doesn't fit well with the fast paced nature of the game. 

I was wondering if Warframe Conclave can take some inspiration from Lawbreakers and create a new team-objective based gamemodes such as, Capture the Uplink. Unlike CTF, I think Capture the Uplink game mode would offer more focus action and teamwork. Personally, I like this game mode in Lawbreakers as it discourages camping and gives a chance for the enemy team to steal the uplink before it registers as a "capture" within 20 seconds after 100% charge. Since our characters fly 100mph anyway, I think it is best to reduce the capture time to 10 or 15 seconds.  

Since Warframe abilities plays as "Supers" in a way, I would think it would be best to take out the blue orbs from maps and have our character's power regenerate over time instead, to give some "tactical-flavor" when and where to activate the "Super" abilities. For example, we don't want Frost to put up a snow globe around the capture point all the time.

---

You can also do something experimentally interesting by adding a Battle Royal game mode into Warframe with its Plains of Eidolon expansion coming out soon. It would literally be the first ever fast-paced Battle Royal game ever created. 

---

To those who play PvP, what do you think? Does these game modes sound ridiculous enough that it'll peak your interest to try out them out?

1 minute ago, Matoro1992 said:

Ok to be honest,  with Lawbreakers not doing too hot (on PC), the next best thing when it comes to a fast-paced shooter with a decent player count is Warframe's Conclave (from my experience).

I'm aware that most people enjoy Warframe mainly for its PvE, however, I'm one of the few who enjoy Warframe mainly for it's PvP. As it has a unique set of movement mechanics. But I'd have to admit it is under-cooked when it comes to its current game modes. They're too generic and doesn't fit well with the fast paced nature of the game. 

I was wondering if Warframe Conclave can take some inspiration from Lawbreakers and create a new team-objective based gamemodes such as, Capture the Uplink. Unlike CTF, I think Capture the Uplink game mode would offer more focus action and teamwork. Personally, I like this game mode in Lawbreakers as it discourages camping and gives a chance for the enemy team to steal the uplink before it registers as a "capture" within 20 seconds after 100% charge. Since our characters fly 100mph anyway, I think it is best to reduce the capture time to 10 or 15 seconds.  

Since Warframe abilities plays as "Supers" in a way, I would think it would be best to take out the blue orbs from maps and have our character's power regenerate over time instead, to give some "tactical-flavor" when and where to activate the "Super" abilities. For example, we don't want Frost to put up a snow globe around the capture point all the time.

---

You can also do something experimentally interesting by adding a Battle Royal game mode into Warframe with its Plains of Eidolon expansion coming out soon. It would literally be the first ever fast-paced Battle Royal game ever created. 

---

To those who play PvP, what do you think? Does these game modes sound ridiculous enough that it'll peak your interest to try out them out?

we have a capture the flag in conclave and nobody plays it, adding more modes wont make conclave better it will just dilute the small player base even more due to its poor balancing and dev bug maintenance.  

Just now, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

we have a capture the flag in conclave and nobody plays it, adding more modes wont make conclave better it will just dilute the small player base even more due to its poor balancing and dev bug maintenance.  

Get rid of CTF then or switch out the game modes weekly or monthly. Simple.

Conclave is too unpopular to waste developer time adding new features, the majority of players simply are not interested. And as Xx-Ribbium-xX points out, any new modes would simply dilute the already small player base.

Edited by HexCaliber

A game mode that requires staying still would be a disaster in Conclave.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Battle royale gameplay in conclave would probably end up exactly the same as FFA, except that it might end quicker.

Just now, Matoro1992 said:

Dang, I throw out a suggestion and it is already getting thrown down. :/ So players who do play conclave doesn't want anything new to be added? 

Ok...close the topic then. :( 

because unlike the pve players of warframe we dont want our old current content to be neglected and left to become irrelevant, what we have right now needs fixing and improved on. only then should new content be added.

1 minute ago, Matoro1992 said:

Dang, I throw out a suggestion and it is already getting thrown down. :/ So players who do play conclave doesn't want anything new to be added? 

Ok...close the topic then. :( 

It's not that we don't want anything new, it's just that most mainstream ideas wouldn't work in such a fast paced environment, and would cause queue dilution.

2 hours ago, Matoro1992 said:

So players who do play conclave doesn't want anything new to be added? 

one of the key reasons Phase stated why it wouldn't work was because if you're thinking about games like PubG/H1Z1, those games have a very big area(PubG has 8x8sqkm) but PoE only has 2x2 or something around that, i think it was 2.25sqkm maybe. Either way it's still too small and on top of that Warframes move a lot faster as well.

On 10/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Matoro1992 said:

---

---

Interesting ideas, but I don't see it happening. If you want a faster paced BR though, Fortnite would be good. I've been enjoying it.

If they do implement new modes, I think a king of the hill type mode would be fun. Where there's a zone that randomly appears around the map and you fight to capture it until it's captured and moves to another spot. It would be easy to implement on the maps we already have as well.

Also, never picked up Lawbreakers, but if it's doing as bad as you say and you want a new game to try, DooM 2016's MP is really fast paced and fun. Pretty decent playerbase with around 3-4,000 still playing at any given time, according to Steam.