Jump to content
(PS4)warhero229

[Warframe Concept] Havoc - The War Engine [w/ Concept Art]

Recommended Posts

Almost exactly what I wanted from a walking weapons platform Warframe. Some adjustments I would suggest are for Overheat (and its relationship with the passive) and Sentry.

Overheat: Either the passive needs to have its ammo restore toned down, or overheat's multiplier does. The amount gained seems... excessive. Additionally, shouldn't venting the built-up heat apply a heat proc to Havoc and all nearby enemies, increasing in duration based on the level of the passive?

Sentry: Rather than take its stats off an equipped sentinel weapon, it could have its own separate modding UI (Octavia sets a precedent here) with a number of points to spend on various stats (like damage, firerate, range, etc.) based on power strength. Overall, this feels like a very underwhelming 4th ability. Perhaps swap its position with Overheat (which looks to be far more interesting, unique, and helpful)?

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Almost exactly what I wanted from a walking weapons platform Warframe. Some adjustments I would suggest are for Overheat (and its relationship with the passive) and Sentry.

Overheat: Either the passive needs to have its ammo restore toned down, or overheat's multiplier does. The amount gained seems... excessive. Additionally, shouldn't venting the built-up heat apply a heat proc to Havoc and all nearby enemies, increasing in duration based on the level of the passive?

Sentry: Rather than take its stats off an equipped sentinel weapon, it could have its own separate modding UI (Octavia sets a precedent here) with a number of points to spend on various stats (like damage, firerate, range, etc.) based on power strength. Overall, this feels like a very underwhelming 4th ability. Perhaps swap its position with Overheat (which looks to be far more interesting, unique, and helpful)?

Thank you for your interest! 

As far as Overheat's ammo restore and multiplier, they don't work together. I mean, the ammo restore is not affected by the overheat multiplier, only the other stats are. I can still look into adjusting values though. And I considered a heat proc on vent as well, but thought it might be too much considering how powerful overheat already is. But maybe adjusting values will open that up more.

I may go back and change sentry after they've revealed their plans for exalted weapons having their own mod loadouts. Would you still like to see the sentry gun have different firing types (shotgun, sniper, etc), or is it fine to have it be a dedicated machine gun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Thank you for your interest! 

As far as Overheat's ammo restore and multiplier, they don't work together. I mean, the ammo restore is not affected by the overheat multiplier, only the other stats are. I can still look into adjusting values though. And I considered a heat proc on vent as well, but thought it might be too much considering how powerful overheat already is. But maybe adjusting values will open that up more.

I may go back and change sentry after they've revealed their plans for exalted weapons having their own mod loadouts. Would you still like to see the sentry gun have different firing types (shotgun, sniper, etc), or is it fine to have it be a dedicated machine gun?

Looking over it, Overheat makes more sense. Its multipliers might be a bit overtuned, but I can't be bothered doing the maths to confirm or deny that.

You might notice that I mentioned the heat proc on timeout would apply to Havoc as well as the enemies around him, and although it makes sense lorewise, it may not be the best thing to implement into the gameplay. People who aren't playing Ember tend to dislike being set on fire.

A possible option for Sentry would be to give it an effect like Ivara's Quiver, with a single press swapping the weapon type (machine gun, shotgun, sniper rifle, explosive) and a button hold to activate the ability. Another option would be to select the firing type in the arsenal, before going on a mission.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current revision, not yet posted, has Sentry with swappable fire modes in the arsenal, but cannot be switched during a mission. Working on improving stats of the sentry gun to make it worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: moved abilities around to better reflect their power level. Sentry will now have a dedicated exalted weapon rather than using a sentinel weapon as a base. Stats for exalted weapon being worked on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is a pretty cool design and something ive wanted to see in game for some time now i do have 2 suggestions though 1st is too change his 2nd ability to a mortar or missile launcher ability i mean if hes gonna be a munitions type frame give him some heavy munitions 2nd is change the lore from corpus to grineer since they value munitions type weapons more and control the earth other then that i really hope this frame gets made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to post up a thing that was going to ask for a warframe that had an exalted weapon that was a turret, funny that I had an inkling to check this. I honestly could care less what else is attached to the frame, I just want an auto turret that isn't garbage.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-20 at 3:55 AM, (PS4)OMEGABLADE23 said:

this is a pretty cool design and something ive wanted to see in game for some time now i do have 2 suggestions though 1st is too change his 2nd ability to a mortar or missile launcher ability i mean if hes gonna be a munitions type frame give him some heavy munitions 2nd is change the lore from corpus to grineer since they value munitions type weapons more and control the earth other then that i really hope this frame gets made

I certainly would like to include an explosive ability, but his kit is tightly packed as it is. I just don't see him being very useful without a survivability power to keep him alive long enough to deal any damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-18 at 11:21 AM, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

only if this warframe shoots nukes and 100 kinds of bombs... I agree

He's primarily focused on firearms but I'm looking into how to fit some explosives in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

He's primarily focused on firearms but I'm looking into how to fit some explosives in.

The ability to replace in this case would be the sentry. It's currently his weak link, and needs to compete with other exalted weapons such as Peacemakers, Exalted Blade, Hysteria, etc.

If the sentry is replaced, my suggestion would be Annihilation (this is where you suggest a better name), an enormous laser similar to the ones the Gantulyst summons. Mark a location and after a few moments that location is devastated by a giant laser from the sky, dealing massive damage to enemy health and an equal amount to shields and armour. Designed to kill basic mooks and strip the defences of anything larger.

Since Havoc seems at least partially designed as a support frame, perhaps it could deal less damage but also recharge shields and ammo for allies hit? (In this case, perhaps Tactical Bombardment would be a good name? I don't know, I'm terrible at naming things).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The ability to replace in this case would be the sentry. It's currently his weak link, and needs to compete with other exalted weapons such as Peacemakers, Exalted Blade, Hysteria, etc.

If the sentry is replaced, my suggestion would be Annihilation (this is where you suggest a better name), an enormous laser similar to the ones the Gantulyst summons. Mark a location and after a few moments that location is devastated by a giant laser from the sky, dealing massive damage to enemy health and an equal amount to shields and armour. Designed to kill basic mooks and strip the defences of anything larger.

Since Havoc seems at least partially designed as a support frame, perhaps it could deal less damage but also recharge shields and ammo for allies hit? (In this case, perhaps Tactical Bombardment would be a good name? I don't know, I'm terrible at naming things).

The sentry gun has been a core design elements from the very beginning of this concept. I can find ways to buff it as needed, but it's one thing that I don't think I'll be removing. Also, the frame is based on convnential weaponry, not lasers. So having a strong single target ability isn't a bad idea, but it would probably be something like a rocket or artillery round rather than an orbital death beam.

Overall he's intended to be primarily a damage frame with some support elements thrown in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

I certainly would like to include an explosive ability, but his kit is tightly packed as it is. I just don't see him being very useful without a survivability power to keep him alive long enough to deal any damage.

ok then what about this idea you combine lock and overheat to make his 4th ability move sentry to be his 1st and make the explosive ability his 3rd see i like lock and overheat but feel they could be combined to make an even better ability also i know i said or on the mortar or missile launcher ability but i think he should have both if hes on the ground it drains energy for every mortar shot and ups heat per shot over time but if hes in the air it fires missiles and uses a one time sum (75 reduced with streamline) of energy and ups the heat level for imagination of the missiles think flying grineer also thanks for the replay i enjoy talking about possible new frames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, (PS4)OMEGABLADE23 said:

ok then what about this idea you combine lock and overheat to make his 4th ability move sentry to be his 1st and make the explosive ability his 3rd see i like lock and overheat but feel they could be combined to make an even better ability also i know i said or on the mortar or missile launcher ability but i think he should have both if hes on the ground it drains energy for every mortar shot and ups heat per shot over time but if hes in the air it fires missiles and uses a one time sum (75 reduced with streamline) of energy and ups the heat level for imagination of the missiles think flying grineer also thanks for the replay i enjoy talking about possible new frames

Lock and Overheat don't really work well at the same time. Lock is for enemy debuff and heat building. Overheat is for ally buff and spending all built up heat. You would use Lock to gain the necessary heat to make Overheat worthwhile.

Also, I learned from my own foray into designing frames that pure damage just isn't good enough. Every ability needs some sort of utility, unless it's an exalted weapon (or your name is Ember Prime).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

considering he utilizes a lot of heat damage I envision him as the same-ish color red as Harrow. also he reminds me of a tactician warframe like vauban, so I sort of have a red harrow/vauban mixture in my head of what he looks like.. also he's rather bulky like rhino or vauban, especially since he moves so slowly. also, maybe decrease or eliminate the sprint speed debuff while sentry is active? he only has .9 sprint speed so he's already a tank, but 10% seems significant because of his low sprint speed, and on top of that any action interrupts the turret, which is also significant because most of warframe is everything except sprinting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

considering he utilizes a lot of heat damage I envision him as the same-ish color red as Harrow. also he reminds me of a tactician warframe like vauban, so I sort of have a red harrow/vauban mixture in my head of what he looks like.. also he's rather bulky like rhino or vauban, especially since he moves so slowly. also, maybe decrease or eliminate the sprint speed debuff while sentry is active? he only has .9 sprint speed so he's already a tank, but 10% seems significant because of his low sprint speed, and on top of that any action interrupts the turret, which is also significant because most of warframe is everything except sprinting

Will probably remove the Sprint speed penalty yeah. The other interruptions are there mostly because I'm sure DE doesn't want to have to figure out how to animate a mounted turret firing mid-roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-25 at 9:27 PM, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Will probably remove the Sprint speed penalty yeah. The other interruptions are there mostly because I'm sure DE doesn't want to have to figure out how to animate a mounted turret firing mid-roll.

Maybe it's not too hard tho, they can do it with chroma's first. but sweet post that concept asap

Edited by (PS4)NnCrusader3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

Moved abilities around and swapped fortify out for howitzer, giving a more traditional-styled first ability. Also added ability synergy in the form of the Missile Silo. Kill with first ability to add an additional firing mode to Sentry, featuring armor reduction. Removed speed penalty from Sentry as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's awkward, but I had an idea for a frame kind of like this one yesterday (I see yours is older) and think it would be cool to combine ideas somehow

 

 

EDIT: Actually, your frame idea and my frame idea seem more like brothers somehow.. Army of Two anyone??

Edited by SirSovereign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GreatestWarrior said:

Could Havoc's passive also have explosive resistance? With his 1 and 3 abilities being explosive, he might blow himself up.

Makes sense. I added explosive resistance into his passive now.

"Havoc recieves 25% less damage from enemy explosives, and takes 75% reduced damage from his own explosive weapons and abilities."

Numbers may need adjusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...