Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Havoc - The War Engine [w/ Concept Art]

(PSN)VoidVox_

14 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

It's awkward, but I had an idea for a frame kind of like this one yesterday (I see yours is older) and think it would be cool to combine ideas somehow

EDIT: Actually, your frame idea and my frame idea seem more like brothers somehow.. Army of Two anyone??

I'm always open to tossing ideas around. Feel free to share.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

I'm always open to tossing ideas around. Feel free to share.

I posted mine here. Someone had posted my idea with their own twist since I posted in the wrong spot, but it ended up being completely different so I took the time to create my own.

Mine ended up being very different than yours though so I feel like the 2 could both exist in warframe and give reasons to play as both.. I've actually included links to yours and what seems like a rendition of yours by someone else in my post as well since they are all tactician-type frames. There's a small idea for a backstory in mine, but it could just as well have 2 frames that are both militaristic and support

20 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

I posted mine here. Someone had posted my idea with their own twist since I posted in the wrong spot, but it ended up being completely different so I took the time to create my own.

Mine ended up being very different than yours though so I feel like the 2 could both exist in warframe and give reasons to play as both.. I've actually included links to yours and what seems like a rendition of yours by someone else in my post as well since they are all tactician-type frames. There's a small idea for a backstory in mine, but it could just as well have 2 frames that are both militaristic and support

Thanks for helping spread it around! Looking at yours, yeah, its significantly different. And as both our concepts continue to get updated they'll probably differ from each other even more. So I see no reason they couldn't both be added as separate frames

Power 1: the cannon should be mounted on his shoulder or back for better anchorage.
Having a howitzer attached to a dangling thing such as an arm would IRL rip it off the body.
But this also allows him to have instead of one exalted gun on his shoulder, two guns on his wrists, that could act as a dual-smg exalted 2ndary.
This would make it so a new weapon type wouldn't have to be made just for him, which would greatly reduce work time.
Perhaps the howitzer can be a Blunderbuss instead, and you reload it with scraps of metal and junk that break off enemy armor and containers.
That way getting ammo from enemies killed by it would make more sense. Who carries howitzer shells in their pocket?
Also howitzer shell travels at 1600mps, meters per second, faster then most bullets, so it being slow isn't realistic, but that's just nitpicking.

Power 2: I like this one, but I think it should be power 1 instead of 2.

Power 3: Exalted weapons need to be the 4th power, but as a shoulder mounted gun, wouldn't disable the use of hand-held weapons,
so instead of an exalted weapon, perhaps just a turret attached to the shoulder, that'll attack close enemies like your sentinel.

Power 4: So it gives infinite ammo for a duration, and a heat proc AoE if fully charged.
Not 4th powerful. Should be power 2 or 3 at most.

Passive: Doesn't really fit the theme of the frame very well. If he was a grenadier, or bomber, then yeah.
Should be a built-in Fired Up mod effect that effects all his guns and powers.

Heat Meter: How does "150% rounds fired refunded as ammo to Havoc and allies" work?
150% off bullets give ammo instead of take ammo? So 100% give a bullet, and 50% give two bullets?
The numbers should be smaller, 25% at level 1, 50% at level 2, 75% at level 3.

~

A little clunky in setup, but I like the overall idea.

33 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Power 1: the cannon should be mounted on his shoulder or back for better anchorage.
Having a howitzer attached to a dangling thing such as an arm would IRL rip it off the body.
But this also allows him to have instead of one exalted gun on his shoulder, two guns on his wrists, that could act as a dual-smg exalted 2ndary.
This would make it so a new weapon type wouldn't have to be made just for him, which would greatly reduce work time.
Perhaps the howitzer can be a Blunderbuss instead, and you reload it with scraps of metal and junk that break off enemy armor and containers.
That way getting ammo from enemies killed by it would make more sense. Who carries howitzer shells in their pocket?
Also howitzer shell travels at 1600mps, meters per second, faster then most bullets, so it being slow isn't realistic, but that's just nitpicking.

Power 2: I like this one, but I think it should be power 1 instead of 2.

Power 3: Exalted weapons need to be the 4th power, but as a shoulder mounted gun, wouldn't disable the use of hand-held weapons,
so instead of an exalted weapon, perhaps just a turret attached to the shoulder, that'll attack close enemies like your sentinel.

Power 4: So it gives infinite ammo for a duration, and a heat proc AoE if fully charged.
Not 4th powerful. Should be power 2 or 3 at most.

Passive: Doesn't really fit the theme of the frame very well. If he was a grenadier, or bomber, then yeah.
Should be a built-in Fired Up mod effect that effects all his guns and powers.

Heat Meter: How does "150% rounds fired refunded as ammo to Havoc and allies" work?
150% off bullets give ammo instead of take ammo? So 100% give a bullet, and 50% give two bullets?
The numbers should be smaller, 25% at level 1, 50% at level 2, 75% at level 3.

~

A little clunky in setup, but I like the overall idea.

The choice to have it arm-mounted was more based on necessity. Since the Sentry turret is mounted on the shoulder/back area, there's not really room for another weapon back there. Plus, having it arm mounted allows it to behave like Volt's 1 or Ember's 1, where it acts as a one-handed action and doesn't interfere with weapon reloads. Also, I know its not technically accurate as a Howitzer, but it was close enough and I couldn't come up with anything more fitting.

Lock was his 1 for a while, but in general, most frames have a 1st ability that is purely a quick and easy damage dealer, so I felt Howitzer fit that standard better than Lock.

The Sentry gun is moddable like an exalted weapon, but behaves more like a sentinel. I used to have it set as the 4th ability, but then other people said it wasn't powerful enough to be a 4th ability. Maybe I'll switch it back.

His passive was changed to this in light of adding explosive attacks to his kit, in the form of the Howitzer and the Missile Silo, which would present the issue of self-damage. This passive is there to lessen that. A built-in Fired Up is basically what the Heat Meter bonuses are.

150% round refund is intended to be Havoc's form of team support. No other frame currently can restore ammo to allies. Early versions had a simple ammo drop ability that dropped an ammo cache for allies, but this seemed too inactive and boring. So, restoring ammo by firing a ton of it seemed like a way to make the skill more active.

~

Hopefully this doesn't sound like I'm just arguing against your feedback. I just thought some of this might just need to be clarified.

9 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

The choice to have it arm-mounted was more based on necessity. Since the Sentry turret is mounted on the shoulder/back area, there's not really room for another weapon back there. Plus, having it arm mounted allows it to behave like Volt's 1 or Ember's 1, where it acts as a one-handed action and doesn't interfere with weapon reloads. Also, I know its not technically accurate as a Howitzer, but it was close enough and I couldn't come up with anything more fitting.

A howitzer on your arm would hinder reload far worse then a howitzer on your back.
The kickback would prevent the arm from doing anything else.

The Sentry gun is moddable like an exalted weapon, but behaves more like a sentinel. I used to have it set as the 4th ability, but then other people said it wasn't powerful enough to be a 4th ability. Maybe I'll switch it back.

All Exalted weapons have 250 base DPS.
So, if it fires 20 bullets in a second, each bullet needs to do 12.5 damage.

His passive was changed to this in light of adding explosive attacks to his kit, in the form of the Howitzer and the Missile Silo, which would present the issue of self-damage. This passive is there to lessen that. A built-in Fired Up is basically what the Heat Meter bonuses are.

The power setup would work better if setup like Nidus.
Power 1 gives charges based on enemies effected,
and the other powers use different amount of those charges to create powerful effects.

Power 1 being the Scan that marks enemies could easily be the charge stacker.
Killing enemies with a cannon, and them magically dropping special ammo makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, SirSovereign said:

lol wut

Dex Pixia does 160 damage per hit @ 5.83 shots per second as default.. 

Really? That sounds very OP, but when using her, it never seems very powerful.
But the wiki says that too, but still, 160DPH(damage per hit) at 20RPS(rounds per second) is way to OP.

My Grakata always seems to be better then Titania's ult.
(might be because of the riven, exalted weapons can't have rivens)

Edited by General_Durandal

5 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

A howitzer on your arm would hinder reload far worse then a howitzer on your back.
The kickback would prevent the arm from doing anything else.

but these are warframes so in a way they kind of have super strength.. i mean they have the ability to get hit by explosives and not be knocked back. I don't think too many people in the WF community would be like "that's not even close to what the kick of a howitzer would be in real life" cause... the game is made up anyway

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

but these are warframes so in a way they kind of have super strength.. i mean they have the ability to get hit by explosives and not be knocked back. I don't think too many people in the WF community would be like "that's not even close to what the kick of a howitzer would be in real life" cause... the game is made up anyway

Not even Superman could fire a howitzer by hand without some recoil.
The recoil force is 93,000 kg, or 20,5029.9 pounds, or 102.5 tons,
from a 105mm howitzer, which is the smallest kind in modern-day.

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

I mean...

QbeVV20.png

All I'm saying is, we have frames that can stomp so hard it slows down time around them, or rip open pocket dimensions, or cause fire to erupt from the ground even when standing on floating platforms. I don't think having a large gun mounted on a techno-organic-super-soldier-created-in-the-depths-of-space-and-trained-in-every-possible-weapon-type-in-the-universe is really going to be the point where people give up on "realism."

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Good thing Warframe isn't based around modern day...

We have recoilless rifles, and have had them since the first great war..

Pretty sure things can advance by the time we've cloned an entire race and created another race out of biology experiments gone wrong to the point where we need to train children to use their advanced minds to control war machines created from the same tissues we are trying to fight...

The moon got destroyed during the old war...

I play as a frame based off of an egyptian god and my buddies main a dragon and a necromancer..

pretty sure we can have a mini howitzer on our shoulders if the devs allow it.

14 minutes ago, SirSovereign said:

pretty sure we can have a mini howitzer on our shoulders if the devs allow it.

The howitzer is attached to his wrist, not shoulder.
A shoulder mounted mini howitzer would be IRL plausible.
But not one attached to your wrist that is fired one handed.

Edited by General_Durandal

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

His whole arm, not just the wrist. and "IRL plausible" has very, very little bearing in a game like Warframe tbh

2 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

ah you're right,

"Fires a single artillery shell from a cannon mounted along the left arm."

and I'm sticking with statement still.

We have Ogris, Corinth secondary......ZARR

We can handle recoil lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirSovereign said:

ah you're right,

"Fires a single artillery shell from a cannon mounted along the left arm."

and I'm sticking with statement still.

We have Ogris, Corinth secondary......ZARR

We can handle recoil lol

102 tons of recoil is kinda up there though.
Could probably rip Rhino's arm off.

2 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

I mean...

QbeVV20.png

All I'm saying is, we have frames that can stomp so hard it slows down time around them, or rip open pocket dimensions, or cause fire to erupt from the ground even when standing on floating platforms. I don't think having a large gun mounted on a techno-organic-super-soldier-created-in-the-depths-of-space-and-trained-in-every-possible-weapon-type-in-the-universe is really going to be the point where people give up on "realism."

Oh, woah, lol, yeah, reality be breaking.
Okay, Superman, could easily fire a howitzer one-handed without any recoil.

Superman can push-upwards with 200 Quintilian tons of force, with one hand.
That means he can push forward with 400 Quintilian tons of force...
Meaning he can punch for more then that...
1,000 thousand
1,000,000 million
1,000,000,000 billion
1,000,000,000,000 trillion
1,000,000,000,000,000 quadrillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 quintillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 sextillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 septillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 octillion

You'd need 10^13 gigatons of TNT to destroy earth.
10,000,000,000,000 Gigatons
10,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

1 Gigaton = 1,000,000,000 Tons.

10,000,000,000,000 x 1,000,000,000 = 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
So you'd need 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons of TNT.

1 ton of TNT tn = 3,085,960,032 pounds of force. Or 1,542,980 tons of force.

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of TNT x 1,542,980 = 1.54298e+28
15,429,800,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.

610 Newtons is 137 pounds of force.
610 sextillion Newtons is 137,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force.

137,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force = 68,500,000,000,000,008,192 tons of force.

68,500,000,000,000,008,192 tons of force = 68,500,000,000 Gigatons.

200,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons = 200,000,000,000 Gigatons

You need 10,000,000,000,000 Gigatons to destroy Earth.

Superman can punch with 800,000,000,000 Gigatons of force to 1,600,000,000,000 Gigatons of force.
And that is just his standing strength!
If he's moving it's timesed by more, he could destroy the Earth just by flying into it with a punch!
Then there is his Infinite Mass Punch!

18 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

While I am disappointed that Fortify is gone, its absence leaves room for the Warframe I've been thinking of.

As a side note: Why is anyone looking for something remotely realistic in Warframe?

No idea... Technology is cool imo, but we still need things that make the frames' powers unique.. something a normal being simply can't do.. our enemies are sentinels and gods, so we need to be gods in our own ways.. 

All our militaristic frames seem to summon something, use their energy to fire their guns, and so on... I see firing a howitzer molded on a frame, powering a sentry with inner energy, summoning armor, and summoning a drone all the same as Excalibur pulling his exalted blade out.. 

If we look at mythology, where other frames take the role of more well known frames of speed, power, lightning and so on.. ours would be like smithing gods like Vulcan and Hephaestus, but with technology more based on what the Orokin would have used during the Old War

28 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

While I am disappointed that Fortify is gone, its absence leaves room for the Warframe I've been thinking of.

As a side note: Why is anyone looking for something remotely realistic in Warframe?

Yes, it's definitely difficult to balance. I want this frame to have solid damage output, a way to resupply ammo to himself and allies, and be able to survive well into higher level content like survival runs. All this while making the frame engaging and rewarding to play, not just "press button to get ammo." 

Right now I've got plenty of damage abilities and what I feel is a solid means of restoring ammo, but it doesn't leave room for a defensive ability right now. Perhaps that's fair to balance out his high damage output. Still, he won't be killing anything if he's constantly 1-shot at higher levels.

All this is to say that it is likely that Fortify, or some similar defensive ability, will probably return in a future update.

45 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

102 tons of recoil is kinda up there though.
Could probably rip Rhino's arm off.

Oh, woah, lol, yeah, reality be breaking.
Okay, Superman, could easily fire a howitzer one-handed without any recoil.

Superman can push-upwards with 200 Quintilian tons of force, with one hand.
That means he can push forward with 400 Quintilian tons of force...
Meaning he can punch for more then that...
1,000 thousand
1,000,000 million
1,000,000,000 billion
1,000,000,000,000 trillion
1,000,000,000,000,000 quadrillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 quintillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 sextillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 septillion
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 octillion

You'd need 10^13 gigatons of TNT to destroy earth.
10,000,000,000,000 Gigatons
10,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

1 Gigaton = 1,000,000,000 Tons.

10,000,000,000,000 x 1,000,000,000 = 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
So you'd need 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons of TNT.

1 ton of TNT tn = 3,085,960,032 pounds of force. Or 1,542,980 tons of force.

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of TNT x 1,542,980 = 1.54298e+28
15,429,800,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.

610 Newtons is 137 pounds of force.
610 sextillion Newtons is 137,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force.

137,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force = 68,500,000,000,000,008,192 tons of force.

68,500,000,000,000,008,192 tons of force = 68,500,000,000 Gigatons.

200,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons = 200,000,000,000 Gigatons

You need 10,000,000,000,000 Gigatons to destroy Earth.

Superman can punch with 800,000,000,000 Gigatons of force to 1,600,000,000,000 Gigatons of force.
And that is just his standing strength!
If he's moving it's timesed by more, he could destroy the Earth just by flying into it with a punch!
Then there is his Infinite Mass Punch!

You like math huh? XD

• Like 1