Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concepts] The WarForge Collection

(PSN)VoidVox_

Welcome to the WarForge Collection!

Current count: 14

This is where I'll be putting all my weapon concepts for warframe (at least for the foreseeable future). All of these are in early stages, just basic ideas without any hard numbers, but still enough to start getting some feedback on them. Any ideas or comments are appreciated.

Oculux: A wide, shield-like corpus gunblade that blocks 80% of incoming damage while blocking, and absorbs 50% of blocked damage, then fires it back at the enemy on "throw" attacks. Can store a maximum of 2,000 damage for "throw" attack, with a scaling status chance, reaching 100% at max charge.

Teslacor: A cephalon shotgun with two firing modes. One that fires a large, slow-moving sphere of electricity that passes through enemies, damaging and stunning them. The sphere detonates on impact with a surface, arcing bolts to additional enemies within the blast radius. The second fire mode is a continuous short-range wide-spread arc of electricity. Sphere mode has slightly higher damage, while Arc mode can stun crowds of enemies at close range, making them vulnerable to melee.

Polycor: A cephalon sniper rifle that fires a continuous beam with pinpoint accuracy when trigger is held. Can scan targets while scoped, consuming codex scanner charges. When aiming at an enemy type that has been completed in the codex, weak points will be highlighted, which deal bonus damage when shot. While the crosshair is over one of these weak points, press secondary fire to lock onto it. When the trigger is held, a secondary beam will split off of the main one, and follow the locked on weak point, dealing continuous damage. Up to three secondary beams can be active simultaneously, quickly melting even the toughest enemy units.

Liberator: a large machine gun with three rotary barrels that also rotate around each other. Exceptionally high fire rate, low accuracy, moderate recoil. Has a brief spool-up time before reaching max fire rate. Slow reload but large magazine size and very high ammo capacity. Low crit chance. Relatively low status chance, but high fire rate means fairly consistent procs. This is the 'murica gun, spraying bullets in quantities that most would consider overkill, without concerning itself with little things like ammo efficiency or accuracy.

Vecton: an automatic rifle with a lower fire rate but stronger damage per shot. Secondary fire will fire an under-barrel grenade launcher. Grenade launcher uses up 10 ammo and has a long reload duration, encouraging strategic use rather than spam. Essentially a more tactical, ammo efficient auto rifle than most current weapons.

Aria: A tenno-built "fairy" themed bow that matches Titania. Bow can toggle between two forms using secondary fire; Short Bow mode has high fire rate and average crit chance but good status chance, and deals equal parts puncture and impact damage. Long bow mode has lower fire rate, higher projectile flight speed, high crit chance, lower status chance, and deals puncture and slash damage. Headshots with the long bow mode will increase the status duration on the the next short bow status proc. Kills with the short bow mode will add bonus damage to the next long bow shot.

Hydra: Grenade launcher with multiple grenade types that can be cycled through using the secondary fire button. Frag grenade; deals damage and lowers enemy armor for a brief duration, Smoke grenade; releases a thick cloud of smoke that reduces enemy accuracy and cloaks allies within it, EMP grenade; deals increased damage to enemy electronics and has a chance to jam enemy weapons.

Twin Tempra: wrist-mounted machine pistols for each hand with good fire rate and crit chance. Secondary fire will release a short-range jet of flame with good status chance. (Designed to match Havoc)

Lazar: Nukor's big brother. A grineer beam shotgun. Damage, punch-through and radius of the beam increase the longer the beam is continuously fired. Single magazine means no reloading, but can overheat with excessive use. Weapon will glow and give audio warnings as it overheats. Ignoring these and overheating the weapon will forcefully vent heat around the player, dealing heat procs to the player and any enemies within a radius around them.

Machunai: corpus designed throwing knives that deal blast damage on impact with an enemy. On impact with a surface, will deploy an allied corpus ratel unit to harass nearby enemies with electric shocks. Low ammo capacity.

Incor: a secondary pistol that fires a thick stream of liquid, coating any enemies and surfaces it comes in contact with. Press secondary fire to launch a small flare-like charge that deals very low base fire damage. Coated surfaces or enemies can be ignited with the secondary fire charge, dealing damage over time. Liquid can be triggered using any elemental damage type from any weapon or ability, as long as it deals a status proc. Damage over time will deal elemental damage based on the element type that triggered it, with appropriate visual effects.

Venata: A corpus bolt-action sniper with high punch-through that highlights enemies through barriers and thin walls when scoped. High damage, relatively limited ammo capacity.

Megaton: a grineer heavy hammer that can throw the head of the hammer on charge attacks, dealing high damage and knocking back enemies in a straight line for 20 meters. The hammer is then reeled back in on a chain.

Quill: infested throwing knives that look like splinters of bone. They deal base puncture and toxic damage with high status chance.

Other concept threads

Warframes:
Havoc, The Destroyer
A frame built around heavy ranged weaponry with a minigun and missile launcher

Reworks:
Vauban, the Tactician Rework
Focuses on making Vauban a more well-rounded defensive support frame

Gameplay:
The Pentadrome Project
Brainstorming on how to make a fun, challenging, and rewarding endgame mode for warframe veterans

Edited by (PS4)warhero229
Reduced damage cap on oculux and added scaling status chance.

Ah, a fellow "Collector" of concepts, if you will. Let's seeeeee. . .

1. Ah, reminds me a bit of me own Chemgoz and Athena's shield from the Borderlands. Don't ya think the damage stack is a little on the high side though? Like. . . overly high?

2. Hmm, first bit reminds me of my   Ekembo rifle, second bit makes me think of a sort of shot-amperex. Second bit sounds. . . intrigueing.

3. Started out sounding like me Betacore at first, but, that weakpoint-branch-off mechanic. . . hm. . . intrigueing.

4.  One more barrel then me alternateing-reciprocating barrel Krancor, standard-staple shooter minigun. Not much else for me to say.

5. Standard issue "modern-shooter" weapon, standard-issue not being a bad thing in this case.

6. Oooooo, this is a fun looking one suh/mam. A "Jack-Of-All-Bows" if you will, for those who need to think between, say, the Daikyu and the Paris. Personally though, I feel like the reload button should be the switcher instead of secondary fire, easier to aim that way and isn't used for anything bowwise.

7. Intrigueing, but, can't think of anything else to say about it.

8. This one kinda feels like the secondary fire is a "just cus" mechanic tack-on. Just my two cents on the matter.

9.  Bwahahahahahahaaaa, reminds me of me old Overseer, with a bit more self-risk in the equation. Not much else I can think of.

10. Feels like it has another  "just cuse" tack on. Sorry.

11. Difficult-sounding to implement, but, sounds like something interesting against melee attackers on defensive missions.

12. DEM IT, Digital beat ya to the punch with thisun, we already got a scan rifle in the form of the 500th day gun reward.

13. Hmmmm. . . . a hammer-whip stancewise. Hehe, while I have no idea how it might fit into the stance spectrum, sounds like fun all the same.

14. Basic, but, not in a stupid or weak manner. Just, basic.

Thats all I got currently. Figure I'd catch it now afore you reach Pit-size, cut down on how big my response message was. Toodles and Gluck to ya.

52 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, a fellow "Collector" of concepts, if you will. Let's seeeeee. . .

1. Ah, reminds me a bit of me own Chemgoz and Athena's shield from the Borderlands. Don't ya think the damage stack is a little on the high side though? Like. . . overly high?

2. Hmm, first bit reminds me of my   Ekembo rifle, second bit makes me think of a sort of shot-amperex. Second bit sounds. . . intrigueing.

3. Started out sounding like me Betacore at first, but, that weakpoint-branch-off mechanic. . . hm. . . intrigueing.

4.  One more barrel then me alternateing-reciprocating barrel Krancor, standard-staple shooter minigun. Not much else for me to say.

5. Standard issue "modern-shooter" weapon, standard-issue not being a bad thing in this case.

6. Oooooo, this is a fun looking one suh/mam. A "Jack-Of-All-Bows" if you will, for those who need to think between, say, the Daikyu and the Paris. Personally though, I feel like the reload button should be the switcher instead of secondary fire, easier to aim that way and isn't used for anything bowwise.

7. Intrigueing, but, can't think of anything else to say about it.

8. This one kinda feels like the secondary fire is a "just cus" mechanic tack-on. Just my two cents on the matter.

9.  Bwahahahahahahaaaa, reminds me of me old Overseer, with a bit more self-risk in the equation. Not much else I can think of.

10. Feels like it has another  "just cuse" tack on. Sorry.

11. Difficult-sounding to implement, but, sounds like something interesting against melee attackers on defensive missions.

12. DEM IT, Digital beat ya to the punch with thisun, we already got a scan rifle in the form of the 500th day gun reward.

13. Hmmmm. . . . a hammer-whip stancewise. Hehe, while I have no idea how it might fit into the stance spectrum, sounds like fun all the same.

14. Basic, but, not in a stupid or weak manner. Just, basic.

Thats all I got currently. Figure I'd catch it now afore you reach Pit-size, cut down on how big my response message was. Toodles and Gluck to ya.

Thanks for the rundown!

1. Yeah, probably will end up lowering that damage cap a bit. Made it purely with late-game damage numbers in mind. Maybe more around 1500 damage cap, with a 100% proc chance at full charge?

5. Yeah, pretty basic, but that was the idea. With all the crazier weapons that DE adds and some that I come up with, they need to be balanced out a bit occasionally.

6. Yeah, using reload could work as well, didn't consider that. Went with secondary fire just for simplicity.

8. I personally like to have options for both status and crit that I can switch between as needed (Tenora is my most used primary lately), so I like to implement that versatility where I can. This is especially true for this weapon since I designed it to go with my Havoc warframe concept, which has a special place as my dream frame lol.

10. Honestly, the whole idea was built around corpus throwing weapons that deploy into attack-bots. The normal throwing attack was added in just because it'd be odd to have throwing knives that can't damage an enemy it hits.

11. Yeah, it would require some work, sorry DE, but would add something unique to gameplay. Sort of primes enemies for other elemental procs to trigger.

12. Yeah, I know zenith has the gimmick already, but I still felt that having a high damage sniper rifle with the effect always on would be cool, limited by a small ammo pool. It'd be a weapon used sparingly on high value targets.

13. It would still just use heavy hammer stances, like fragor. The charge attack would function almost exactly like zenistar, just throwing a hammer instead of a disc.

14. Yeah, very basic, but just thought it would look cool for my fashionframe XD

Thanks again for the feedback!

1 hour ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Thanks for the rundown!

1. Yeah, probably will end up lowering that damage cap a bit. Made it purely with late-game damage numbers in mind. Maybe more around 1500 damage cap, with a 100% proc chance at full charge?

5. Yeah, pretty basic, but that was the idea. With all the crazier weapons that DE adds and some that I come up with, they need to be balanced out a bit occasionally.

6. Yeah, using reload could work as well, didn't consider that. Went with secondary fire just for simplicity.

8. I personally like to have options for both status and crit that I can switch between as needed (Tenora is my most used primary lately), so I like to implement that versatility where I can. This is especially true for this weapon since I designed it to go with my Havoc warframe concept, which has a special place as my dream frame lol.

10. Honestly, the whole idea was built around corpus throwing weapons that deploy into attack-bots. The normal throwing attack was added in just because it'd be odd to have throwing knives that can't damage an enemy it hits.

11. Yeah, it would require some work, sorry DE, but would add something unique to gameplay. Sort of primes enemies for other elemental procs to trigger.

12. Yeah, I know zenith has the gimmick already, but I still felt that having a high damage sniper rifle with the effect always on would be cool, limited by a small ammo pool. It'd be a weapon used sparingly on high value targets.

13. It would still just use heavy hammer stances, like fragor. The charge attack would function almost exactly like zenistar, just throwing a hammer instead of a disc.

14. Yeah, very basic, but just thought it would look cool for my fashionframe XD

Thanks again for the feedback!

Your welcome sir sir/mam, just doing what I can for folks looking  to do what they feel is in their hearts. You've got the start of something nice here, now you can cultivate it and make it grow into something with potential. Might wanna focus your efforts on the ones I showed interest in, but, that's just my approach, you tread your own road and have fun on the way!

Just gotta be careful though, hehe, don't fall into my death-by-detail Pitfall.

OH, and

1. Seems a step in the right direction in tempering your fellow's edge. All things done in moderation as they say.

5. But of course suh/mam! As I said, all things done in moderation. If you lay out a pile of overly unique concepts, they just become the blasé norm and no interest is piqued etc, etc.

6. Hehe, simplicity, my weakness.

8. AH, careful now. While it's just fine to have Warframe-themed weapons, be careful about "nicheing" them. Otherwise, might end up like the Akzani, lost and hardly used by any Mirages.

10. Hmmm. . . again, another difficult one. I tried to solve this with my Harpatrixes in the form of having a pistol that locks on to targets and orbits the user and my Garid in the form of a hatchet that you toss to make a temporary chaining "hunting eagle", but, as true thrown dro. . . hm. . . perhaps they could be Latchers?

11. Indeed.

12. Ah, I can understand that, justfelt line they'd compete for the same niche. While it'd be "cool", I'm not sure how far it would get by the community before yo drown in rich intense whine.

13. Ah, never got my hands on the Zeni just yet, still have some time to go. Hm. . . perhaps borrow a few animations from the cable launches of the scorpions, tweak them a bit to fit the style. . . yeah, yeah, maybe.

14. AH, Fashionframe, a concept as alien to me as a stick of butter in someone's salad. Got no way to judge the "cool" factor on that, not my place to judge in that regard.

Edited by Unus