The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny players discovering Warframe, mind blown..?!

I-OD

1 hour ago, Toran said:

Gonna play Destiny 2 too after having been very impressed by the demo. I'm happy to have learned that Destiny 2 and Warframe are too different to be a problem for each other. You can enjoy both and don't have to leave the one for the other. It reminds me a bit of Forza and Gran Turismo, both racing games that quench different thirsts.

Yeah you could definitely play both and I play a lot of other games as well.  But what gets me excited by Warframe is seeing that it captures a a lot of things that I like about gaming, grind, community, layers of hidden gameplay mechanics, really cool sci-fi lore... I suppose the list will be rather long in a couple of months the more I discover.

I’m not bashing Destiny I just realize it’s unfortunately less a game for me even though the gun play is second to none, the art direction is magnificent , amazing graphics, deep lore, there is so much to like but after 100 hours there’s nothing left to do except PVP or redoing the raid. 

And just to be clear this thread is not about bashing Destiny or any other game. Life is too short for negativity! :)

This thread is about showing our appreciation to a game that a lot of us didn’t know existed or never took seriously before actually trying it!

Edited by I-OD
Phone typing

13 minutes ago, Nation_X said:

Destiny 1 was amazing, think over 3k hours confirmed that for me and Warframe is amazing. All that matters to me.

But why people compare to the two is beyond me.

because there are similarities and they both appeal to the same type of gamer. Yes there are many differences, but there are also many similarities. And its in human nature to compare things.

D1 player with 3 level 400's and yeah, was psyched for D2 on PC until they told me I couldn't bring my characters across (like they promised we could). THEN I stumbled upon a video of DE revealing PoE to one very mind blown crowd of gamers who actually seemed to genuinely love them. I feel Bethesda has walked away from the community, and so too Massive with The Division (and Bungie with Destiny). So I've been super happy with my new home. 

Welcome to the family, Tenno! I was looking for a Destiny alternative soon after completing the story after it released, found Warframe and have never looked back.

Pretty much all I play, hardly ever touch other games and havn't bought a AAA title since.

One piece of advice I can give is find a nice clan with people willing to answer questions/help you as quite a few WF mechanics aren't fully explained well.

Destiny is that game where all you do is grind for new stuff because the stuff you just grinded for before that is trash now because you already outleveled it? 

That's the worst kind of grinding. 

Warframe has the riven system which is much better, plus a ton more weapons and classes, plus it's free. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

Welcome to warframe!

A place where every weapon and warframe (Baring excalibur prime, lato prime and skana prime) are all obtainable for free. 

The only things you pay for is platinum which can be used accessories or convenience, something to note though, is that plat is tradable and warframe has a fairly large market (literally warframe.market) and by rights you can get every accessory for free if you grind out those wanted prime parts and mods! 

Will admit the PVP isn't exactly at the same... Level (I use that word hesitantly) it's got a dedicated dev team working on it with them trying to improve it.

Last thing i want to say is that it really isn't fair to compare destiny to warframe. Destiny is destiny and warframe is warframe, the main connection is sci-fi :P Both games have their own little niche's (But i do hope ya end up liking warframe's more :P).

If ya ever get stuck or wanna clarify something warframe wikia is ya best friend or ya can ask anyone in region chat (Maybe.. Just like any massive chat it does tend to get weird or painful at times, that gets fixed fast though) and someone will most likely help ya.

Im one of those tards in the beginning downloaded Warframe bought some plat hit wall becuase i had no idea what the heck to do and left the game. Played Destiny one solidly then for some reason the thought of Warframe came back in my mind, redownloaded, started watching twitch stream, researching information (man all the awesome syandana and events i missed). Now im avid player, got in with a swell group and an awesome clan. Bought tons of plat, possibly too much, but no regrets.

Recently bought Destiny 2 , felt really shallow and really slow, but still a good game but not the same feeling as Warframe, I see myself sticking with Warframe for a very long time.

I actually really like Destiny.  Have done all the raids and stuff.  Even I'll admit Warframe is a superior game and DE seems to care more about their product and fans/customers.  I wish people would play more than a few hours and actually get into it.  That sticker shock of prime access price doesn't help either because they just see the price and don't realize what it is.  Oh well their loss.

movie party bruce willis tower die hard GIF

Glad you are here...Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the Forums too!

Some of the stuff that goes on in Warframe can be confusing so before you let yourself get frustrated feel free to ask for advice and someone here or in-game will typically point you in the right direction.

Between the Guides of the Lotus in the Relays, The Forums, and The Wikia you should be able to find what you need.

If not, send me a message and I'll do what I can to help.

6 hours ago, I-OD said:

Yeah, I’m one of them... Ignored Warframe for years as I thought it was a bad free to play game. After realizing that D2 don’t give you any initiative to continue playing once you hit end game.

I felt unsatisfied so I’ve started to look if there weren’t any other game who could actually propose what Destiny 2 should have been and ended up watching Skill Ups review of Warframe,  got intrigued and downloaded it last week.

Already I can already see that I found an amazing game and why so many of you known this for a long time. Not only is the community really helpful and amazing, but also the dev team, how transparent they are with their business model, their weekly streams and how they listen to the community made me a fan immediately.

Would be cool if this thread could be a place where we who come from Destiny can share our stories on how we discovered Warframe and why we are so enthusiastic!

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON (resident evil 7 reference)

I came over from Destiny 2 a couple of weeks ago,  reached 305 and found there was nothing left to do.  I have always been a loot guy and I like the mechanics of creating the perfect build.  I last heard of Warframe when it originally released, reviews were not good enough for me to try it and I was not excited about the free to play model.

Fast forward to today, bored in Destiny 2 (which is heartbreaking BTW after spending well over 2k hours in D1), I keep seeing posts about trying Warframe, so I download, got way confused, read the wiki and have been hooked since.  Great community, everyone is positive with little of the toxicity of the Destiny community. Devs that are present, that listen (hi SpaceMom!) and most of all, endless customization.  Oh and TRADING!

I bought a bunch of Platinum when I got my first 50% off coupon (didn't want to wait for a 75%) because I needed it, but mostly because I wanted to give to the Devs so they continue to pour themselves in to this amazing game. I will still play Destiny when they release the DLC and fix everything wrong with it, but for now I am all in on Warframe. Add me on PC if you want, we could start a clan with all the Destiny crossover players!

More meat for the grinder! 

Anyways, welcome to Warframe, refer your friends to it to get free Plat and stuff, Region chat is both your friend and your enemy and try not to get burned out at the start. Doesn't matter which way you go, as long as you go somewhere. 

4 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Destiny is that game where all you do is grind for new stuff because the stuff you just grinded for before that is trash now because you already outleveled it? 

That's the worst kind of grinding. 

Warframe has the riven system which is much better, plus a ton more weapons and classes, plus it's free. 

0d08a0ced421f1c289f444842d7e1947b8395522