Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Update 22: Plains of Eidolon

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, Aikurisu said:

I see what you did there, DE.  You provide us with a lot of interesting new content but in the same breath you completely BUTCHERED the focus system.  Clever, really.

You knew not many players would warm up to it.  If it was released individually you would have lost players.  You might still do, I'm no mind reader.  Once folks are finished exploring what's new on offer they may start to question what's been changed and look into it.  Once that new car smell dissipates I fear you're going to anger more than you have already and I hope to God you have a contingency plan.  Am I bitter in particular?  Yes.  I will not hide that because I spent a great deal of plat on acquiring greater lens for a particular focus that feels like it has been completely changed.  Will I get used to it?  Sure.  Will I enjoy it?  Maybe.  But don't think for a second that I am pleased, rather I am disappointed and a tad bit irritated that I feel like I've wasted a great deal of time working on something that is no more.  I could care less that Shadow Step is gone but rather I'm looking at the focus in its entirety and it's not the one I signed up for.  The same could even apply to the Zenurik focus but on the plus side some of its changes do seem interesting.

Ugh.  I feel like I need to take a break now.  I had a feeling PoE would sap my interest more than embolden it.  Not off to a great start.

+1

"1) If you return to Cetus through the gates at any point, your mission concludes and all progress is saved.
2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu. 
3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions.
4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used). "

Bullet issues?

Thank you for this great update. BUT the Archwing is limited?! WTF!!!!??? That was a major part of this update! Now we have so sludge around to farm for boring stuff before we can soar through the skies on our Archwings?! And even then we have to farm AGAIN to get more "calls to archwing"? Dangit DE! This makes no sense at all. Aggravation is all that this makes. Please make Archwing unlimited in PoE, dear exalted ones! I beg you!

Sincerely,
Cryptonitor

DE, i can't play it, just because i'm having some troubles at the launcher. Almost a day after you releasing the update, i still locked on the launcher, because no matter how many times i close and re-open this, the game still being STOPPED at the final moment of installation. Please fix that.

6 hours ago, Aikurisu said:

I see what you did there, DE.  You provide us with a lot of interesting new content but in the same breath you completely BUTCHERED the focus system.  Clever, really.

Agreed.

In particular, RIP Energy Overflow. I had come to rely on that quite a bit over the last year, and now the closest thing to it is a temporary buff? "Pardon me, pause the fight, gotta refresh my energy!" No thanks.

14 hours ago, Miraluka said:

Just because you think something implied does not mean that you will get it. If you want something then you should ask for verbal or written confirmation.

Honestly, with Digital Extremes - written confirmation doesn't mean a damn thing either. Being I got direct assurances from Rebecca about things to do with Limbo, that never happened...

And by implied, I mean the language they used 'All focus will be refunded so you can decide if you want to go down a new tree or choose a new school', well, it didn't seem to need clarification so why would you ask?

But hey ho, like I said, it's a minor annoyance.

If I were to actually complain, it'd be that Zenurik is near pointless now as Naramon can do pretty much everything it does but cheaper.

And that everything in Plains is really just grind to unlock more grind, rather than any sort of actual return.

BUt hey, it doesall look pretty, the sound design as usual, is top notch, and the drop ships blow up in a very satisfying manner.

Lots of people can't login, myself included - no official statement or help for around 10hours. The issue is not identifiable (host resultion errors in EE.log) - most people guess it's on DE's side.

-> which is NOT resolved!

Edited by Miezx

4 hours ago, Maeglin73 said:

Agreed.

In particular, RIP Energy Overflow. I had come to rely on that quite a bit over the last year, and now the closest thing to it is a temporary buff? "Pardon me, pause the fight, gotta refresh my energy!" No thanks.

I think that's the major issue I see with these latest changes.  Yes, Shadow Step was OP but the Naramon path as a whole (with some exceptions...) was built around combat that didn't force you to check timers, rather provide helpful passives that make combat more fluid.  This can especially be said for Zenurik's lack of Energy Overflow because it wasn't so much OP but rather a quality of life improvement that allowed the player to not rely on warframes like Trinity or energy restore items.  The latter is easy to acquire and defeats the issue of not having an energy giving warframe, sure, but it also defeats the natural flow of battle.  And given how fast paced this game can be...

I'm sure I'll get used to the changes in time, perhaps even consider them an improvement, but right now I can't help but feel we took a step back.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about shotgun and/or Index changes. However I ran index this morning and I noticed a considerable difference. Either the baddies are much harder to kill or shotguns (tigris prime is what I was using) were nerfed.

Any explanation?

Edited by skalapunk