Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Update 22: Plains of Eidolon

[DE]Megan

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly does the krohkur do? From its description and the inscription above the grip, I would imagine it gets guaranteed crits when you slice-n-dice enemies in the face but other people seem to say that it either gets crits on finishers or doesn't do anything special. I was really hoping it would be the first because I love all the swords in the game but they all get quite boring to use, compared to guns, for me, as I just mindlessly turn invisible and hit combos. I do have to watch for my abilities and getting locked into animations but I thought that having to aim, to get extra value out of use would make a melee weapon a whole lot more fun to use.

Anyway, awesome update, guys and the Knell pistol, from the last one is a really interesting weapon (although I'm terrible, with it).

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon Fall-Off Damage Changes:

One of Warframe’s biggest appeals is the diverse selection of weaponry. Even within the subclasses of rifles and pistols, there is huge variety to be found, such as the distinction between projectile weapons (firing physical projectiles which move through space, like the Boltor) and hitscan weapons (firing draws an imaginary line between the gun and the point aimed at, doing damage instantly to whatever it hits, like the Soma). For obvious reasons, hitscans are very effective at long distances - this has never been an issue with Warframe’s tileset-based gameplay, but as we shot enemies from a kilometer away in the plains with our pistols, we knew something had to be done.

With the release of Plains of Eidolon, most weapons will have a form of damage falloff added, to reduce their effectiveness at extremely long distances. But don’t panic! This damage falloff will only be noticeable at extreme ranges (greater than 300m). Across all of our current tilesets, we were unable to find an unobstructed line of sight longer than 300m, so that is the point at which damage falloff will start.

Based on our assessment of all existing procedural tiles we’re extra confident that our current tileset-based gameplay will be largely unaffected.

Quick question: now that Fall-Off has been added across the board, and Projectile Flight Speed affects Fall-Off, how does one calculate the effect of it on a weapon?  Specifically, negative projectile flight speed (Rivens being Rivens and all...).

I unveiled an AkJagara Riven, and after it's second roll it now has -66.3% Flight Speed (but it also has +200.3% MS, which is why I stopped rerolling it). Would that make the Fall-Off for the AkJagara start at 101.1m?  If so, what would be the elusive "second number", the distance at which Fall-Off would stop declining and remain at 50%?

I have not run them in a mission yet (or Simulcrum to test), but on the Wiki it is suggested only to use this weapon for close to medium range engagements, due to the fact that the accuracy is low and the recoil is high. That being the case, a 100m distance cap on this weapon's max dmg may not be all that worrisome. I was just hoping to get some clarification before deciding whether or not to reroll (since it is currently a 2/1 Riven, but since it is Strong, I might want to try for a 3/1...).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Thunder_Chief

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...