Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

1 minute ago, ScorpDK said:

The CFG file is irrelevant, it stores some of your keybinds and your email only, iirc. The .LOG file is what truly matters.

Yeah, I was hoping it would make reference to where the server settings are, but I guess theyre packed into the executables.  Only thing I could find related was the dedicated server thingers. Oh well.

6 minutes ago, Yonael said:

I wouldn't send them logs they haven't asked you for yet tbh.

The automated email you get when you send them a support ticket does tell you to collect these logs manually, so it is all good.

Tbh, they should probably edit the message to include a link to the collector, so you can skip the legwork.

10 minutes ago, Fuaah said:

Ran their collector and checked their network info test. Surprising no one, I can communicate with the servers just fine.

Yeah, at least for me I have proven without a doubt its not the network that is at fault. It's a shame, I really wish we could skip all the baby level trouble shooting.

1 hour ago, Risagi said:

Only happened within this update..

56.328 Script [Info]: StartLogin()
56.351 Script [Info]: DispatchLogin()
56.354 Sys [Info]: Logging in as ***
57.269 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun fetching cache results (6 ms)
57.269 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun retiring cache results (6 ms)
57.559 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun fetching cache results (6 ms)
57.559 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun retiring cache results (6 ms)
59.973 Sys [Error]: login.php failed (Error: Could not resolve host: login.php)
59.977 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
59.977 Sys [Warning]:
59.977 Sys [Warning]: Could not resolve host: login.php
59.977 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP:
59.977 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:50:24 GMT
59.977 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 0us, Connect: 0us, Handshake: 0us, Server: 3s
59.978 Sys [Error]: Login failed: Error: Could not resolve host: login.php

59.978 Script [Info]: MainMenu::LoginDone result=false
59.978 Sys [Info]: Spot-building /Configs/EE.cfg/LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings
59.978 Script [Info]: Login failed.Error: Could not resolve host: login.php

59.978 Script [Info]: ResetLogin
59.980 Sys [Info]: Created /Lotus/Interface/Dialog.swf
59.980 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOk(description=/Lotus/Language/Launcher/LoginFailed, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok)

Hahahahahaha your game is trying to resolve login.php, no adress, just login.php, of course it is not going to work, it should be in the form of http://anactualwebadress.something/login.php or http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/login.php, with x being numbers.

Edited by Hecatonchyr

1 minute ago, Hecatonchyr said:

Hahahahahaha your game is trying to resolve login.php, no adress, just login.php, of course it is not going to work, it should be in the form of http://anactualwebadress.something/login.php or http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/login.php, with x being numbers.

If you have an idea on how to force the game to use an actual @(*()$ IP, feel free to share it.

Yes, we already established that. Reason why we need a working client's EE.log to see where it would NORMALLY connect to.

Edited by ScorpDK

I am patching and crossing fingers that it will not happen to me tho :D

I'm guessing that some people can get in the game, so would it be from a regional version ? Are most people experiencing it from Europe, or is it worldwide ? Is there a pattern ?

I can't log in and I'm in south-eastern USA. Florida, specifically.

I'm guessing that some people can get in the game, so would it be from a regional version ? Are most people experiencing it from Europe, or is it worldwide ? Is there a pattern ?

Living in JP playing on eng client. tried on other languages. 0 result.

Just now, Hecatonchyr said:

Seems to be happening at random, we got people from all around the world (UK, US, Russia etc) experiencing the same problem here.

Tried different locales to no avail.

2 minutes ago, Hecatonchyr said:

I haven't noticed any patterns; seems to be affecting random users.

4 minutes ago, Hecatonchyr said:

Doesn't seem to be a pattern. People can log in with another player's account on their own PC, but not their own, or vice-versa. And it seems to be not just a single zone affected.

I tried to use my VPN client to hop through a few non-blocked proxies, (Miami, Toronto) and the issue remains.

Otherwise, connecting from Venezuela if I turn the VPN off.

Edited by ScorpDK