Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

6 minutes ago, OroDoom said:

I Have Windows 7 64Bits 

when i go services/workstation/properties/dependencies.

i found _SMB 1.x miniredirector

_SMB 2.0 miniredirector

i  enabeled SMB and i make some Steps i see from internet and so much thinks like restart computer services setings and more 

but Still nothink .

Ijust Giv up for now until they found a Solution without changing settings in My pc (i Hope they will find one)

So in your Device Management you could find:

SMB 1 and 2 miniredirector, Browser support driver.

On 14/10/2017 at 11:31 PM, LeXendZ said:

So in your Device Management you could find:

SMB 1 and 2 miniredirector, Browser support driver.

Workstation  lists its dependencies as:                 
    Bowser                                                                 (not showing in services list)

Network Store Interface Service                       (started)

SMB 1,x Mini Redirector                                      (not showing in services list)
            SMB Mini Redirector Wrapper & Engine (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)
                 Redirected Buffering Sub System       (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)
                      Mup                                                       (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)

SMB 2.0 Mini Redirector                                     (not showing in services list - has all of the sub-listings as redirector 1.x, which also aren't listed)

He already said a fix will come out with the next hotpatch... that's a lot, considering it's the only thing we've heard from DE directed at this problem aside from "oh its fixed durp".

I recommend not pestering him further :D I'm just glad we got any feedback at all. I was getting pissy. There's not much he can say with regards to the windows issues that are unrelated to WF. Just be patient, wait, and hope.

Edited by Alaestor

1 minute ago, OroDoom said:

Workstation  lists its dependencies as:                 
    Bowser                                                                 (not showing in services list)

Network Store Interface Service                       (started)

SMB 1,x Mini Redirector                                      (not showing in services list)
            SMB Mini Redirector Wrapper & Engine (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)
                 Redirected Buffering Sub System       (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)
                      Mup                                                       (sub-listing under the above - not showing in services list)

SMB 2.0 Mini Redirector                                     (not showing in services list - has all of the sub-listings as redirector 1.x, which also aren't listed)

Browser and SMB are devices, not services

Try to find them in Devmgmt.msc

On 14/10/2017 at 11:36 PM, LeXendZ said:

Browser and SMB are devices, not services

Try to find them in Devmgmt.msc

i don't found them in Devmgmt.msc

On 14/10/2017 at 11:35 PM, Alaestor said:

He already said a fix will come out with the next hotpatch... that's a lot, considering it's the only thing we've heard from DE directed at this problem aside from "oh its fixed durp".

I recommend not pestering him further :D I'm just glad we got any feedback at all. I was getting pissy. There's not much he can say with regards to the windows issues that are unrelated to WF. Just be patient, wait, and hope.

so now we Just have to wait for the New Patch :)

2 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:

I remember him saying that he is tracking down problem caused by people logging into the game with this workaround method. He didn't say anything about fixing this.

he said: 

I have tracked down at least one problem that was caused by people disabling windows services and it'll be fixed in the next hotfix. 

rephrased: People who had windows services (workstation) disabled arre experiencing problems, and it will be fixed in the next hotfix.

Whether or not the problem he found and fixed is the actual cause of this, we'll only know after the hotfix.

FINALLY can login to WF since i became a club member at early initial this topic.(BUT yup, as u know i missed catalyst alert... )

I also sufferd from the same error '1068'.

In my case, I could start the WORKSTATION service at following steps bellow.

1:WIN+R, 2:cmd, 3:sc config mrxsmb10 start= demand(means restore default startup configuration for SMB 1.x MiniRedirector), 4:REBOOT

I think its valid solution for the others, but if 'mrxsmb10.sys' file was corrupted or missing in the %WinDir%\system32\DRIVERS folder...

hope u go well.

TBH, I don't recommend this solution untill deploy the hotfix as @Alaestor said.

On 15/10/2017 at 1:22 AM, plusman said:

FINALLY can login to WF since i became a club member at early initial this topic.(BUT yup, as u know i missed catalyst alert... )

1:WIN+R, 2:cmd, 3:sc config mrxsmb10 start= demand(means restore default startup configuration for SMB 1.x MiniRedirector), 4:REBOOT

I think its valid solution for the others, but if 'mrxsmb10.sys' file was corrupted or missing in the %WinDir%\system32\DRIVERS folder...

hope u go well.

TBH, I don't recommend this solution untill deploy the hotfix as @Alaestor said.

can you please tell me what i Type in CMD exactly ?

16 minutes ago, plusman said:

means restore default startup configuration for SMB 1.x MiniRedirector

I feel extremely uneasy to see anything regarding SMB 1.... I'm not educated what that "mini redirector" is... Hopefully just a wrapper for SMB 2 or 3... But dear god I hope it's not actually enabling SMB 1.0 - frankly, I wouldn't risk it, just to be safe.

Edited by Alaestor

3 minutes ago, OroDoom said:

can you please tell me what i Type in CMD exactly ?

That's correct, if launch the command prompt as administrator.

2 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

I feel extremely uneasy to see anything regarding SMB 1.... I'm not educated what that "mini redirector" is... Hopefully just a wrapper... But dear god I hope it's not actually enabling SMB 1.0 - frankly, I wouldn't risk it, just to be safe.

As you say, I think so too there is srsly risk.

It's true.

IT's working for me 

On 15/10/2017 at 1:22 AM, plusman said:

hope u go well.

thanks for all your HARD work Plusman 

Thanks a lot

32 minutes ago, plusman said:

sc config mrxsmb10

I confirmed. The arguments you passed to sc (specifically regarding mrxsmb10.sys) is indeed re-enabling the SMB 1.0... Why is that required? Are you on windows vista?

Regardless: Everyone... Please... Don't do that...

THIS IS WHY THIS BUG IS A PROBLEM! 

Some people want to play warframe so badly they will compromise their own security and re-enable the rightfully disabled protocols, as if having SMB on in general wasn't bad enough. I kind of expected it to happen, but to see an example in this thread for my own eyes is depressing.

Jeez, I can't wait for this to be fixed...

Edited by Alaestor

24 minutes ago, OroDoom said:

what exactly i have to avoid Right now ?

i login WF then i Stoped Workstation 

Fine, but once the hotfix is released please run 

sc config mrxsmb10 start=disabled

Edited by Alaestor
changed "disable" to "disabled", proper sc config syntax...

TEMPORARY WORK-AROUND

This is the manual method (and is slightly inaccurate and NetLogon and Server aren't required).

Click Here for the "on" and "off" batch files.

A hotfix patch is on the way... But in the meantime 

If you are experiencing issues, the problem is the Workstation service, the Server service, and the NetLogon(?) service.

Enable them (in the "services.mcs" application), launch the game, log in, and then disable them. (it's only required to log in.)

If you are getting the "error 1068" message when trying to start the workstation service, we found a "FIX" for that too...

Spoiler

Begrudging Thanks to @plusman for solving the error '1068' (missing dependencies) when enabling the workstation service.

This solution exposes your PC to security threats that it would otherwise not be vulnerable to. Please read all the steps carefully!

You really really really shouldn't do this... But if you are desperate to play...

The solution is to enable SMB 2, (or sometimes SMB 1.0 dear lord help us all ) and enable the workstation service.

Both SMB 1.0 and 2.0 have known exploits which exposes you (and probably everyone on your network) to very bad things.

TO DO THIS SAFELY or at least partially less stupidly

1. in the "services.mcs" application, make sure "Network Store Interface Service" is enabled.
    If you can start the workstation service now, skip to step 6

2. in the "services.mcs" application, make sure "Server" service is enabled.

3. in the "services.mcs" application, make sure "Netlogon" service is enabled. (required?)

4. run "cmd.exe" as admin and type " sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start=demand " (without quotes) and reboot your pc.

5. run "cmd.exe" as admin and type " sc config mrxsmb10 start=demand " (without quotes) and reboot your pc
    workstation should start now... If not, I'm out of ideas.

6. launch warframe and log in and disable the workstation service. (it's only required to log in.)

IF YOU USED STEP 4 when the hotfix arrives...
  7. run "cmd.exe" as admin and type " sc config mrxsmb20 start=disabled " (without quotes) and reboot your pc

IF YOU USED STEP 5 for the love of everything... when the hotfix arrives...
  8. run "cmd.exe" as admin and type " sc config mrxsmb10 start=disabled " (without quotes) and reboot your pc

tenor.gif

Edited by Alaestor
Linked to batchfiles

I don't know how to tag everyone, but spread the word. 
go to Services (from windows) and start "Workstation" I don't remember the disadvantages of this services being active. maybe it wont bother. but I had it disabled. I enabled it and now I can login like nothing happend and the game want to erase it from my mind. but no! it's not a solution! kinda
Reply me if u want proof. but of course I'm not the first to find this sh*t. just try it. maybe it wont work for you. maybe it will. 
regards

37 minutes ago, Nihilan.0 said:

I don't know how to tag everyone, but spread the word. 
go to Services (from windows) and start "Workstation" I don't remember the disadvantages of this services being active. maybe it wont bother. but I had it disabled. I enabled it and now I can login like nothing happend and the game want to erase it from my mind. but no! it's not a solution! kinda
Reply me if u want proof. but of course I'm not the first to find this sh*t. just try it. maybe it wont work for you. maybe it will. 
regards

You do realize that we found this out 10+ pages ago, right?