Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

13 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:

Congratulation! You just discovered what we all know but refuse to do.

I didn't just discover it. I got it from this forum. I'm just telling you how you can simply pause it when you're not playing. If all you're going to do in life is do nothing instead of make solutions then gl. 

Just now, DustyB216 said:

There is no real "solution" here unless it's from DE themself because this problem is their end. 

Well sadly that is the real solution because it works. I don't understand how you don't get that. It's a temporary solution why are you so salty about it? 

What is he "salty" about? People really like to use their imagination, huh?

Anyways, there is no solution. If I'm not mistaken, people here are still waiting for them to fix the problem. There's a "temporary workaround" to "play the game" without having to "solve" the "problem". No fix, sadly.

Wow i just logged on to see if this had been resolved yet. And looks like No still the same issues and no solution from DE. How long has it been now like months.

And no i won't use the stupid work around don't see why i should have to. 

And it looks like DE don't care.

Honestly, I don' t know if or when this is getting fixed, but what I do now is just turn on Workstation before I hit Play on the launcher, then just turn Workstation back off after logging in. You're not going to get hacked in the 20-second timeframe that you're connecting to the server and logging in, even if this was a really big hole in personal security. (While it is a hole, it's not like you're turning off your firewall. And, again, it's only for under 30 seconds.)

I do agree that DE should be fixing this or at least saying something about it, but for those of you who still don't want to do the workaround but still wanna play the game, honestly, I'd say just give it a whirl. This is clearly not a priority fix, and at the very least you should be able to play the game this way, assuming the workaround works for you. I don't think it's really worth waiting for a patch at this point because it's clear it ain't coming any time soon.

Edited by Tyrak

^ Like I've said several times, I do not have Workstation on my computer anymore because I take good care of my things. It shouldn't be there and I shouldn't need it. I'm simply asking for compensation in content that I definitely would have owned if not for the fault of the developer.

3 hours ago, Tyrak said:

Honestly, I don' t know if or when this is getting fixed, but what I do now is just turn on Workstation before I hit Play on the launcher, then just turn Workstation back off after logging in. You're not going to get hacked in the 20-second timeframe that you're connecting to the server and logging in, even if this was a really big hole in personal security. (While it is a hole, it's not like you're turning off your firewall. And, again, it's only for under 30 seconds.)

Basing security on the hope that you won't be attacked at the same time as you expose yourself is careless. Just block Internet access to SMB/NetBIOS ports at the firewall you mentioned, thus eliminating any risks, whether you keep the service running or not. You guys scare yourselves over nothing tbh. 

Don't get me wrong, I also wish DE would change things back to the way they used to be, a game has no business requiring that service to be running and there is any good number of reasons not to be running it.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it's YOUR system that's at fault! It's not like the issue was already explained in detail X pages back, but nobody gives a flying f about it, HA!
Happy 2018, may your wishes come true (don't waste it on "fix warframe plox though").

rooHappy