Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

Guest sponsored comment
2 minutes ago, gipjoe said:

maybe I should have saved my the 50 dollars I spent on platinum yesterday for Destiny 2 ... Jk 

When you actually mess up 

2 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

Can any DE staff confirm this?

No, DE has made no statement on the issue. The evidence just points to my assumption, and this has happened alot in the past. So far contacting customer support has been the only way to resolve the issue.

11 minutes ago, gipjoe said:

No, DE has made no statement on the issue. The evidence just points to my assumption, and this has happened alot in the past. So far contacting customer support has been the only way to resolve the issue.

I know DE has had an dirty past with shadowbanning and censoring people, but if that turns out to be the problem here, and they don't address the issue, I will make it my life mission to crucify them. Especially for a business, that kind of behavior is completely intolerable. 

With that said I'm very skeptical of that claim. I doubt they would be stupid enough to risk a scandal like that over making a simple and innocuous "we fixed an error" post. It's probably just a simple auth server issue or an automated anti-threat system being a little too aggressive. I'd recommend giving them time and not flooding support tickets. (well, unless we don't hear any feedback and they pretend the problem doesn't exist... I'll take that as an admission of guilt.)

Edited by Alaestor

16 minutes ago, A1Thunder said:

I don't hink so ! No reason to panic. iF it was shadow banned they wouldn't anounce it anyway. like existence of secret pool in DOTA2 !

Not to be over critical or contrarian, They haven't made any statement yet (which really sucks) and they never did in the past any time this has happened.

Here is many past examples of similar things happening

So far, historically customer service has been the only people that can resolve the issue. the main reason I suspect a shadow ban is that when your try and login in the connection is refused immediately, no data is even sent to the server. This leads me to believe something has triggered on our account (maybe protection?) since its not client dependent.

Edit: To be clear, when I said shadow ban I also included account protection features. This isn't deliberate and defiantly a bug, so don't give DE a hard time yet. 

**Edit : I recommend making a support ticket ASAP, if it's a wide spread problem you want to be higher in the que.

Edited by gipjoe

5 minutes ago, gipjoe said:

Edit: To be clear, when I said shadow ban I also included account protection features. This isn't deliberate and [definitely] a bug, so don't give DE a hard time yet. 

If I build an anti-virus program and it starts deleting peoples files without reason, It's my responsibility and I should take accountability. Same goes for this
(If this is the problem...)

Regardless of their intentions with the features, if it breaks and is locking people out of their accounts without good reason, they need to acknowledge it.

Edited by Alaestor

At this point, perhaps the action item is: change the error message.

"Login failed. Check your info." suggests there's something end-users can do about it. I logged in here, validating that my information is correct. Other users have done something similar. The second part of the error message is completely irrelevant to the situation.

1 minute ago, Alaestor said:

If I build an anti-virus program and it starts deleting peoples files without reason, It's my responsibility and I should take accountability. Same goes for this
(If this is the problem...)

Regardless of their intentions with the features, if it breaks and is locking people out of their accounts without good reason, they need to acknowledge it.

Hey don't worry so much my tenno,

Your account is defiantly still around it may just be temporarily locked! Honestly given them a day two or more and then start getting mad hahaha

1 minute ago, lirmont said:

At this point, perhaps the action item is: change the error message.

"Login failed. Check your info." suggests there's something end-users can do about it. I logged in here, validating that my information is correct. Other users have done something similar. The second part of the error message is completely irrelevant to the situation.

BUT DID you "really" checked it tho? :smile:

1 minute ago, gipjoe said:

Hey don't worry so much my tenno,

Your account is defiantly still around it may just be temporarily locked! Honestly given them a day two or more and then start getting mad hahaha

Well, I'm not mad yet as I'm very skeptical of that being the issue. I suspect that it's something else, and will not make a support ticket until tomorrow if there is no feedback. If your suspicions are correct, and they don't publicly address it, then I will be mad. As hell.

Edited by Alaestor

3 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:

I don't think that is the case. I tried with my old account and my friend's account. Still can't log in.

ignoring the rule breaking for now, for science - can your friend log into his after you tried it?

Edited by Alaestor

4 minutes ago, A1Thunder said:

I'm GUESSING that it's IP, client,home network based cuz i have 3 accs at least my main, new one (to keep up with new player experience), my brothers acc. There is all the same issue.

Well on a different pc on the same network I can log into other accounts, but not my own. On my client I couldn't login with any account, until I fully reinstalled the game now I can relog with new account but not my main account.

Edited by gipjoe

7 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:

Perfectly fine. He is surely having a great time in the Hills of Eidolon right now. (aka hoe)

I dreamt of walking on the Hills of Eidolon,and was overhyped. Then this happens. Fate is a hill of eidolon.

Edited by A1Thunder

Same problem since the update. Checked everything. Tried everything. Only change in my entire system was their update.

Made a support ticket 5 hours ago, waiting for a reply.

Also, found this in the logs:

66.532 Script [Info]: StartLogin()
66.532 Script [Info]: DispatchLogin()
66.532 Sys [Info]: Logging in as email.removed@for.privacy
66.594 Sys [Error]: login.php failed (Error: Could not resolve host: login.php)
66.601 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
66.601 Sys [Warning]:
66.601 Sys [Warning]: Could not resolve host: login.php
66.601 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP:
66.601 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 10:23:13 GMT
66.601 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 0us, Connect: 0us, Handshake: 0us, Server: 31ms

EDIT: my account works on my friend's PC.

15.409 Script [Info]: StartLogin()
15.409 Script [Info]: DispatchLogin()
15.412 Sys [Info]: Logging in as ####EMAIL####
17.925 Sys [Error]: login.php failed (Error: Could not resolve host: login.php)
17.939 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
17.939 Sys [Warning]:
17.939 Sys [Warning]: Could not resolve host: login.php
17.939 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP:
17.939 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:33:37 GMT
17.939 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 0us, Connect: 0us, Handshake: 0us, Server: 2s
17.939 Sys [Error]: Login failed: Error: Could not resolve host: login.php

17.939 Script [Info]: MainMenu::LoginDone result=false

an excerpt of my EE.log when I try to log in. (I just edited my e-mail address out, because privacy).

Now, I don't know how things work normally, but judging from this, the game doesn't even know where the login server even is. It tries to connect to a login.php website that is... well, technically nowhere. The entire host area is missing...

EDIT: Tenno'd. Goshdarn, Fuaah.

Edited by ScorpDK