Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world PVP

-SoH-ViktorD

So I am a new player (been playing for a month or so, 3 days all day, a week) and there's something missing which myself and a few people I play with IRL would like to see: Open world PVP.

With the new open world map we can put a dedicated zone just for PVP, or possibly have a switch to tick to put ourselves "on" for pvp and "off" for questing. Personally I would love to run around and gank people all day, it's what my "end game" would focus on.

If this gets to a mod on the forums please pass this up the pipeline. I would LOVE to see this!

7 hours ago, Horten said:

i once suggested PVP as an addition to Warframe...

You can tell from my reputation the community wasn't accepting of any idea's outside the PVE scope.

Good luck!

How the hell do you have negative rep?

On the topic... I would like it, for the sake of diversity and it would prove fun. But I am a person that also wants the Dark Sector battles to come back so...

9 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

How the hell do you have negative rep?

On the topic... I would like it, for the sake of diversity and it would prove fun. But I am a person that also wants the Dark Sector battles to come back so...

For a post back in the beginning of 2013. You can check it out.

Everyone got mad, and rather than declining the idea, they out-right attacked me and others for suggesting the addition.

The gist was "PVP wouldn't work and that it's a PVE focused game."

The concept of re-working Warframes and damage outputs didn't make a connection in their minds..
it would be really cool to see a "friendly-fire" option for the POE, or missions involving squads annihilating each other in capture type missions.

I hate this pve maniacs! no Warframe is not pve game! every online game can have pvp!! and Open world pvp like in Division(darkzone) or like in Diablo 2 (Duels) is great idea! you can activate pvp mode and play pvp if you like or if you are pve guy just dont activate pvp mode...

Endgame without pvp is waste of time (my opinion)

9 hours ago, Cguevara said:

I hate this pve maniacs! no Warframe is not pve game!

"Warframe is not pve game."

Do you even play Warframe? On the side note, it was initialy build to be a PvE game, not PvP. Not every game that is PvE should have PvP. And it's just your opinion, only some support it anyways. 

Edited by NS120121

Open world PvP can be a great edition to an MMO, greifers can be a bit annoying but it keeps you on your toes and makes for some great encounters.

That said, in Warframe? can't see it working. The balance for PvP and PVE are too different and this isn't really open world. It's a large zone that you can explore but it's not like you are running around a shared world with lots of other random players.

13 hours ago, Cguevara said:

I hate this pve maniacs! no Warframe is not pve game! every online game can have pvp!! and Open world pvp like in Division(darkzone) or like in Diablo 2 (Duels) is great idea! you can activate pvp mode and play pvp if you like or if you are pve guy just dont activate pvp mode...

Not every game has to be the same. If you want a PvP third person shooter, there are hundreds out there. There are significantly less purely online co-op games, and even less that are worth a damn.

2 hours ago, NaniteCircuit said:

Not every game has to be the same. If you want a PvP third person shooter, there are hundreds out there. There are significantly less purely online co-op games, and even less that are worth a damn.

No i want Pvp in this game! is that a problem? You want pve in this game you have it.. i want better pvp options. Is that bad?

On 10/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, Horten said:

For a post back in the beginning of 2013. You can check it out.

Everyone got mad, and rather than declining the idea, they out-right attacked me and others for suggesting the addition.

The gist was "PVP wouldn't work and that it's a PVE focused game."

The concept of re-working Warframes and damage outputs didn't make a connection in their minds..
it would be really cool to see a "friendly-fire" option for the POE, or missions involving squads annihilating each other in capture type missions.

I wouldn't like that at all.  I don't think it would be cool at all.  If it were a completely isolated mission type that you couldn't get via bounties and didn't have rewards that were required for anything else in the game, then I would be fine because I could completely avoid it.  If it were incorporated into the bounty mission system then I would be forced to abort every bounty mission where it reared its ugly head.  If it were required for anything else in game then I would avoid whatever required it.

Very few play PvP in this game for a reason.  Unless the number of PvP people (and number of PvE people who were open to PvP were larger) then forcing it on the rest of us would do nothing but be a disruption not a feature.

As it is, PvP PoE would make PoE a larger failure than it already is, unless it is completely isolated from the game.

Edited by Insizer
grammar are hard.

3 hours ago, Cguevara said:

No i want Pvp in this game! is that a problem? You want pve in this game you have it.. i want better pvp options. Is that bad?

Like the guy quoting you before said, find other games. This is a PvE based game. Do try and understand. DE will improve PvP later on but it won't be their main focus. Don't like it? Don't play it.

Simple.

Edited by NS120121

20 hours ago, Cguevara said:

And i hate PvP maniacs. I joined Warframe way back because it was a strict PvE game and all the PVP elitists stayed away from it. PvP ever only turned into toxicity when i saw it somewhere introduced.

Not every game needs PvP.

sounds like you want PUG in warframe since they already did it with rocket league >.> i dont mind the idea butt since PoE just came out lets not rush things yea we have a loooong way to go also i think most warframe players are here for the PvE i mean that is the main focus of the game after all.

Why would DE spend the time and resources to develop a game mode that nobody would play?  Conclave is a ghost town and largely abandoned by DE because only a tiny percentage of the player base actually uses it.  Why waste the time and money needed to make PoE PvP compatible when nobody will actually use it?