Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to focus powers?

Riot_Inducer

I didn't see this addressed anywhere in the focus 2.0 explanations, but what happened to the second dream style focus powers? Were they completely axed? I can't seem to activate them despite the keybinds indicating that they should still be there. i.e. "Focus and Transference". 

If they have been removed what is the mechanical reward/point of focus schools before you finish TWW and get transference?

Or has TWW transference mode now completely overwritten the second dream focus powers? In which case...why? 

Funny thing I discovered today: if the host holds the button, he/she will see him-/herself exiting the warframe while clients will see him/her flying in ghost mode.

What is the real bug then? Being unable to enter ghost mode or seeing others' ghost mode? IMO the latter because the passives are activated right from thr beginning.

I hope we'll get some nice replacement for the ghost mode. Maybe some kind of overdrive button that temporary buffs all our stats.

The patch notes are written in an inverted teasing style, apparently by the same people who do the in game announcements for the patches. (Style of writing so similar.) Instead of a clear explanation we are given this:

Actives in their current form on the public build are at the behest of a 100 HP pool for the Operator. The Active and Passive Focus paths in Focus 2.0 aim to increase your Operator’s survivability and to give you the option to approach combat with added Operator support and armaments. Only a few encounters will necessitate this and as the game and feedback grows we will develop accordingly.  

As far as the Focus Schools themselves, we have clear cut the trees of the old system and are rebuilding entirely new ability paths. We are also including cross-Focus nodes you can unlock within different trees! 

Many benefits of the new Focus trees are linked to the activation of the Operator or Operator Abilities (Void Dash, Void Blast, Void Mode). 

We have reduced the Pool Increase costs significantly and distributed the Focus point investment more into the nodes.

Naramon:

Naramon has 10 Nodes for you to explore!
Affinity Spike: Kills from melee attacks grant increased Affinity!
Power Spike: Melee Combo Counter will now decay over time. 
Mind Step: Increase the movement speed of your Operator! 
Mind Sprint: Increase the speed of Void Dash! 
Disorienting Blast: Void Blast has a chance to confuse enemies.
Disarming Blast: enemies hit by Void Blast have a 10% chance to be disarmed.
Executing Dash: Void Dash no longer displaces enemies, instead it will open them up to finishers and increase finisher damage. 
Surging Dash: Creates a wave while dashing, increasing the damage in the area around the operator. 
Void Stalker: Void Mode increases the Critical Chance of melee attacks, and the chance gradually decreases when the Operator leaves Void Mode. 
Void Hunter: Void Mode reveals enemies through walls, and this gradually decreases when the Operator leaves Void Mode. 

Which should be written something more like:
The main powers for each school have been removed as active abilities and integrated into the other Operator abilities as passive and secondary effects for more seamless play. Triggering the abilities that were core of the school is integrated into Void Dash, Void Blast, Void Stealth and Void Zap (I forget the word.) Triggering passives for the duration of the mission is now triggered by entering Vode Mode.  

Operator abilities and passives are still limited to a single school, but there are now cross over passives and additional benefits for multiple schools. (I'm still unclear on details  personally.) Focus 2.0 is designed around increased survivability of the 100 hp Operator mode. (What the hell is that sentence in the patch notes? Do they speak English?) The cost of the nodes have been rebalanced, additional nodes are unlocked through quests (note that this was completely omitted in the official notes), and the entire system is a work in progress. This new framework allows for greater flexibility and a more seamless experience. All abilities and passives can be triggered while in Operator mode instead of leaving and entering the warframe repeatedly to use a school special followed by Void Blast, Void Dash. 

Naramon (10 Nodes): (I read the explanations in game several times, and played with a few of these but couldn't unlock all. Below is a mix of their writing and mine, with comments.)
Affinity Spike: For duration of mission after Operator mode, melee kills grant 10%-30% increased Affinity!
Power Spike: For duration of mission after Operator mode, Melee Combo Counter will decay over time instead of cancel completely. 
Mind Step: In Operator mode, Increase the movement speed 
Mind Sprint: Increase the speed of Void Dash! (what is speed? casting speed? travel distance? time taken during travel? cooldown reduction between dashes? I don't know and can't tell, so I'm not going to rewrite this.) 
Disorienting Blast: Void Blast has a ??% chance to confuse enemies in 5m/7m/10m radius.
Disarming Blast: enemies hit by Void Blast have a 10% chance to be disarmed.
Executing Dash: Void Dash no longer displaces enemies, instead it will open them up to finishers and increase finisher damage. (I can't figure out this sentence either. What does this mean? So I dash, get stuck on/in the enemy I dashed through, drop out of operator mode and do a melee attack for finisher damage? "Displaces enemies" ... they altered the mechanic of a core ability and we get "FINISHERS! OMG!" as explanation.)
Surging Dash: Creates a wave while dashing, increasing the damage in the area around the operator. (So an AoE effect, that acts as a party buff increasing damage .... attached to the terrain, a target, my warframe, or my operator? I can't tell.)
Void Stalker: Void Mode increases the Critical Chance of melee attacks, and the chance gradually decreases when the Operator leaves Void Mode. (As written, I would assume that the Operator is doing melee attacks. My mind struggles with that explanation so I'm guessing this is a "Passive triggered by entering operator mode, with decay over X minutes")
Void Hunter: For X minutes after leaving Void Mode, Warframe sees enemies through walls. Range decays starting at X min at range X1 until Y min at range Y1 after Operator leaves Void Mode.

DE: You are horribly mistaking who actually *reads patch notes.* We don't want sales pitch or hype IN PATCH NOTES. These aren't people who need to be sold on how great something will be, they are people who are trying to figure out mechanics to TEST and DOCUMENT for your playerbase. Patch notes should be organized by audience, and all of the "visual effects and animation" should be in one section, modifications to existing weapons and abilities in another, system reworking like Focus 2.0 or Parkour 2.0 should be separate. Think about the wikia editors for a moment here. They need to delete multiple pages of the wiki for warframe. WHAT DO THEY WRITE NOW?

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KeLaRo said:

how to use old energy beam,wave,shield mode?like the operator was flying and blasting energy? :( i miss it ç_ç

To use the old focus skills you need to go back in time to before the focus 2.0.  They axed the entire system and refunded all your spent points and currently installed lenses to spend on the new system and on other gear if you chose.

9 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

To use the old focus skills you need to go back in time to before the focus 2.0.  They axed the entire system and refunded all your spent points and currently installed lenses to spend on the new system and on other gear if you chose.

but...so i miss my little angel protecting my warframe??? ç_ç i am sad. that oniric vision saved me many times ç_ç

On 10/13/2017 at 2:15 AM, Riot_Inducer said:

I didn't see this addressed anywhere in the focus 2.0 explanations, but what happened to the second dream style focus powers? Were they completely axed? I can't seem to activate them despite the keybinds indicating that they should still be there. i.e. "Focus and Transference". 

If they have been removed what is the mechanical reward/point of focus schools before you finish TWW and get transference?

Or has TWW transference mode now completely overwritten the second dream focus powers? In which case...why? 

DE stole them. there are upset people but we often get told we are a small group of overly vocal people plus DE completely ignores the issue addressing instead the grind of the new system they pushed on us. I feel Violated, ignored and I'm on break until they return our abilities. Penix gaze is why I followed madurai and I won't be sold on anything else!

Edited by Galataya