Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets can not walk through doors [Fixed]

Featherfox

Seems since the Plains of Eidolon launched, my Kavat has forgotten how to traverse 2" rises on the ground, which is mostly found on Grineer doors. The bug happens almost always; my Kavat will reach a door and can't get through it. I have a Smeeta Kavat, and both she and her clone run side by side in place while the door remains wide open. Even going back to try and retrieve the Kavat fails. The only times my Kavat can catch up is when it teleports to me due to distance, I die, or an enemy wanders close enough for the Kavat to attack it.

Not quite sure what to do about this. If this is a problem already fixed, please let me know what to do so I can retrain my cat on the concept of doors.

- Featherfox on behalf of the Kavat Kira

Need to boost this; I just finally got my own Kavat and it is really disheartening that it keeps getting stuck everywhere. It's not so bad in the actual Plains since it's wide open; but doing missions on any of the old tilesets can get really aggravating as the kavat will get stuck in doors between tiles unless I get far enough to teleport it to me, which can often lead to it going down on defence missions if it gets stuck in a door that's getting swarmed with eximus/high level enemies.

I really want to love this new companion but the daily maintenance on it isn't worth it if it's just going to die everywhere from being too dumb to walk through open doors. unknown.png

Since the update, my kavat cant go through doors it used to have no problem with.  Not just small doors, but very large openings.  It seems to get stuck on nothing at all in the middle of the opening.  I spammed a bunch of hyena pack missions Wednesday night for Loki parts and it was never stuck once.  As of the PoE update, it just cannot make it through the level.

I have had problems with my kubrow getting stuck behind invisible walls. It's not a rare occurrence either. Take my last trip to Pallas on Ceres. Every few feet my kubrow would get stuck behind that invisible wall. She was trying her best running in place to get to me. Or she would be running in circles as though trying to avoid an object. It happened (mostly but not always) when it was a hallway, or hallway type area. Such as two pipes on either side of a walk way. Going through doors and down or up stairs. I did notice it a few times with her trying to walk on a pipeline or jumping up or down a ledge. Now if there was an enemy in attack range of the Helminth Charger's Trample mod, it would charge through the wall to it's target. That was the only way she would become unstuck without me having to run away so that she would teleport to me. Hoping that because she can teleport to me that means the inactivity bug was fixed. Though even with the teleport it still renders my kubrow mostly useless. If most of my mission my companion has to be ran away from to make it able to do anything. It's not worth bringing one in.

Anyone else finding this bug? Have you noticed that this is just replacing the inactivity bug? Or is that bug still a problem?

Update: Took my Kubrow to a relay. It can't even get through the front door to the relay.

Edited by BrynjaBloodmire

I've noticed it happening regularly to my Huras Kubrow since Plains of Eidolon launched on all of the tile sets also. It's made for some weird times where I have to move far enough away from where my Kubrow is stuck to teleport it to me while remaining under its Stalk to keep it from getting turned into hamburger by all the mobs behind me. I don't know if it is related in any way to the repeated issues I noticed before Plains of Eidolon launched of my Kubrow getting stuck on random areas of the ground now and then. I haven't checked to see if Kubrows are still having trouble with elevators on Uranus teleporting them to a random part of the ship forcing them to run or teleport back.

So i started using my Kubrow again recently and i realized that they seem to have a lot of pathing issues. Mainly, they get stuck on some certain stairs and door ways. The Stairs and Doors in question are the ones where one cell connects to another. My best guess that that maybe the Nav mesh is not allowing companions to path though doors and up certain stairs that connect two cells. The enemy AI don't have this issue as far as i'm aware. 

My poor Kavat is trying so hard, but Kira can't help it when she gets stuck on stairs and thus alerts enemies to my presence, making stealth missions extremely difficult. While Kira doesn't set off lasers or sensors, she is still standing in the open to be spotted by enemy units on patrol. Also, it's really heartwrenching when on a Survival mission I get separated from Kira by waves of enemies, and her bleed-out timer's going because she's just too far away to help!

I know other loving pet owners are experiencing the same problems - gotta keep our murder pets on the ship for now. They can munch on Grineer, Corpus, and Sentients later when they remember how to door and stairs.

Same problem for me. Pathfinding for my chesa is failing all the time at open doors and at other scenery joins. It just skips from side to side at the door threshold trying but failing miserably to get through. It honestly makes my Kubrow next to useless in most missions and a liability that I don't want to use.... which is a shame as I just finished crafting Oberon for his synergy with my kubrow and now I am gutted to find this bug ruining the experience.

I am a relatively new player and didn't use my kubrow much before planes of edilon dropped so I am unable to tell if this is different since that update. Did the pathfinding function properly before the PoE dropped? Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Same problem, except I'm also getting issues with my Kavat getting stuck in midair as well.  Stuck permanently that is, it doesn't warp when too far away and from what I can tell they're invulnerable when stuck in midair.

9 hours ago, jonasan_c_ said:

Same problem for me. Pathfinding for my chesa is failing all the time at open doors and at other scenery joins. It just skips from side to side at the door threshold trying but failing miserably to get through. It honestly makes my Kubrow next to useless in most missions and a liability that I don't want to use.... which is a shame as I just finished crafting Oberon for his synergy with my kubrow and now I am gutted to find this bug ruining the experience.

I am a relatively new player and didn't use my kubrow much before planes of edilon dropped so I am unable to tell if this is different since that update. Did the pathfinding function properly before the PoE dropped? Really hope this gets fixed soon.

It was working perfectly, if you don't count them falling through the ground when opening lockers.  Seems like DE should have done a lot more testing before releasing PoE.

Edited by PolarisER1
More info on bug.