Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.2.2

[DE]Rebecca

Just a small one today!

-  Relocated a number of our servers from the playwarframe.com domain to warframe.com where they will have new updated SSL certificates. This should assist with self-help method we have in place if things don't function properly.

What is happening regarding Compensation for the likely hundreds of users that have paid good money to support your project.. and are now left for dead due to the changes you have made to the minimum system requirements and lack of support for Microsoft Shared Graphics?  It's not our fault that we were not aware you would be cutting a deal with Sony to bring the game over to the Playstation .. and in return refuse support for basic Intel/Microsoft HD graphics options.

If we had a way to even change our cards then great but we can't as they are soldered into our machines and are part of the cores.  I personally am feeling very unappreciated and forgotten.  I was there to support DE and now things are cruisy, DE has turned their back on their own supporters by removing the option to support those cards and processors.

How hard would it be to put in an option for some compatibility so that those of us without a dedicated graphics card can once again enjoy the things we have poured our hard earned money into?

Yet instead, I see server's being moved over as the new hotfixes to allow for even more players to get suckered in...  If you were actually supporting the ones that supported you.. then I'd say it's great.. that you are making the game services more available and getting the community a new breath of life but the way DE is acting, these hotfixes are more a slap in the face not a breath of life into the community and are much resented.

What will it take before you start to treat founders with a little appreciation for what we have done?

If we had a way to even change our cards then great but we can't as they are soldered into our machines and are part of the cores.  I personally am feeling very unappreciated and forgotten.  I was there to support DE and now things are cruisy, DE has turned their back on their own supporters by removing the option to support those cards and processors.

Are you saying you can't use anything but an onboard graphics card? Can't buy a new one and put it in a pci/agp/whatever slot?

What is happening regarding Compensation for the likely hundreds of users that have paid good money to support your project.. and are now left for dead due to the changes you have made to the minimum system requirements and lack of support for Microsoft Shared Graphics?  It's not our fault that we were not aware you would be cutting a deal with Sony to bring the game over to the Playstation .. and in return refuse support for basic Intel/Microsoft HD graphics options.

Unless you had budget reasons on a desktop to not have a discreet graphics card or you are using a laptop that again does not offer a discreet graphics card, this seems a little unrealistic.  On most every popular website that reviews laptops/desktops where the primary graphic support is the Intel HD 4000/4500, the gaming reviews show them at "light" support or a Microsoft Experience score that is dramtically lower than memory, hard disk space, ...etc.  Even the new Intel HD 5000 on some new laptops/ultrabooks are saying there are improvements there, but not enough to advocate games that have more demanding graphics.  I have a laptop that has as Intel HD 4000 and I think that I will start Steam up on it to see where this is coming from.  DE is very excited about being contacted by Sony based upon the size of their organization ... etc.  This takes DE to a much higher level of visibility that will only further support the player base.

DE is extremely responsive to the player base and demonstrate that almost daily.  If you feel forgotten or unappreciated, this is truly a subjective experience.  I commend DE for how concillatory and open they are with supporting their players.  The tonality of your forum post would make anyone just want to ignore your complaints as it just speaks to entitlement and lack of objectivity or compromise.  Why not take some more time before you type your next forum post to work towards mutual solutions instead of just jumping to accusations?  I am sure DE wants to help you and others out with as many hardware profiles as possible.  They want to share their passion and in almost every LiveStream you can see that desire to share.

Yet instead, I see server's being moved over as the new hotfixes to allow for even more players to get suckered in...  If you were actually supporting the ones that supported you.. then I'd say it's great.. that you are making the game services more available and getting the community a new breath of life but the way DE is acting, these hotfixes are more a slap in the face not a breath of life into the community and are much resented.

What will it take before you start to treat founders with a little appreciation for what we have done?

Speak only for yourself and do not generalize that all Founders share your perspective because I for one do not feel this way at all.  

WindHorse 

I can empathize with the rage he's having. I had a similar issue with MechWarrior: Online. My PC became outclassed over the course of a few patches and the game became unplayable. Then I bought a new PC and everything is beautiful again. This is the way of the gaming world, like it or not.

Hi, here is a list of the things I would really love to see fixed/improved asap:

- Mag's ultimate (crush) makes the game crash (no it isn't a joke...) when there is too many enemies (number of enemies needs to be confirmed).

- I can still go trough the walls and die because of this...

- Banshee's ultimate sucks (she's so @(*()$ vulnerable) plus it doesn't do enough damage. Silence looks/sounds really useless/inappropriate for the current cooperative and fast game-play.

- Two of Frost abilities (freeze and ice wave) are totally useless vs high lvl mobs + the recovery time after Frost Ultimate is kinda LONG...

- The game is kinda boring now because of these @(*()$ new void keys that are so rare, especially the new T2. I'm really pissed to see that after 20+ waves of any defence mission, the reward is usually a SINGLE crap mod that nobody needs!!!

- In mobile defence, sometimes the enemies are very rare, sometimes it's a huge amount (is it random?)

- In T3 defence, sometimes the enemies are stuck far from the pod and we have to look for them... kinda boring.

- Why the hell are auras mixed with mods when I need to equip mods?

- Why the hell are plastids so @(*()$ rare?

- Bosses drop nothing and for this reason I hate farming them. Kinda same for Nightmare mode... why the hell are the drops/rewards/money so low?????? It should at least scale with the level of the weakest frame in the squad.

Hope you will fix these soon DEs... thx

Are you saying you can't use anything but an onboard graphics card? Can't buy a new one and put it in a pci/agp/whatever slot?

That's correct, my computer is a High Performance Convertible Tablet and has only the option for the shared graphics.  The alternative is to obtain an E-GPU setup which runs well over the 1000 to 1500 dollar mark and is large and akward and impratical and literally the cost of a new computer so if I could afford that, I'd just buy a desktop with more power.

The statistics of my pc are an i7 2.9   16gb ram    win7 64 pro   and of cause the hd4000.  It handles a lot of games really well and is being currently used to develop a high end pc game (modelling and programming etc.)  This machine is very powerful so long as the software or games are constructed in a way that support it's processing strategy.

I play BF3 on the same computer and it's not a big drama yet for some reason this game's performance has become a problem so no.. I don't believe the issue is my computer as nothing has changed here on my end.

Unless you had budget reasons on a desktop to not have a discreet graphics card or you are using a laptop that again does not offer a discreet graphics card, this seems a little unrealistic.  On most every popular website that reviews laptops/desktops where the primary graphic support is the Intel HD 4000/4500, the gaming reviews show them at "light" support or a Microsoft Experience score that is dramtically lower than memory, hard disk space, ...etc.  Even the new Intel HD 5000 on some new laptops/ultrabooks are saying there are improvements there, but not enough to advocate games that have more demanding graphics.  I have a laptop that has as Intel HD 4000 and I think that I will start Steam up on it to see where this is coming from.  DE is very excited about being contacted by Sony based upon the size of their organization ... etc.  This takes DE to a much higher level of visibility that will only further support the player base.

DE is extremely responsive to the player base and demonstrate that almost daily.  If you feel forgotten or unappreciated, this is truly a subjective experience.  I commend DE for how concillatory and open they are with supporting their players.  The tonality of your forum post would make anyone just want to ignore your complaints as it just speaks to entitlement and lack of objectivity or compromise.  Why not take some more time before you type your next forum post to work towards mutual solutions instead of just jumping to accusations?  I am sure DE wants to help you and others out with as many hardware profiles as possible.  They want to share their passion and in almost every LiveStream you can see that desire to share.

Speak only for yourself and do not generalize that all Founders share your perspective because I for one do not feel this way at all.  

WindHorse 

What you say about DE and Sony is true and as I also say, I feel the same way or at least would if it were a step forwards for the community as a whole.  As for my budget decisions and purchase.. like I say above, this machine isn't a light-weight as suggested.  It's not a heavy-heavy weight either it's just a standard performance machine that is using the HD4000 which performs on par in most situations to quite a few Dedicated Graphics cards I've used over my time.  I'm meaning PCI-E ones not those old AGP slot cards.

I can empathize with the rage he's having. I had a similar issue with MechWarrior: Online. My PC became outclassed over the course of a few patches and the game became unplayable. Then I bought a new PC and everything is beautiful again. This is the way of the gaming world, like it or not.

Exactly and my point here is, why should I be the one to spend even more money so I can continue to enjoy playing a game that I've already spent significant (for a single game 250 dollars is a lot) money on.  I made those purchased with the impression that I would be setting my character up to enjoy a long and casual gaming experience, did not think for a second that it would end pre-full release.  So yes, when I save up enough money to buy an even more powerful machine than the currently STILL quite well performing one I own.. then sure I'll be ok again ... will I continue to play a game that's treated me like this.. hard to say.. I feel a lot of animosity towards it right now and it is sad that some people feel the "Right" thing to do in life when you get F-ed over is to just bend over and take another one for the team instead of standing up and saying.. hey this isn't right, I've purchased a game that worked just fine and now the game has changed to a point where I may no longer use what I paid for.. 

If someone sold you a device that was compatible with your computer such as a mouse or keyboard and then put out a driver update somewhere down the track that broke how it worked with your computer to the point of it being un-usable.. that would be highly frowned upon would it not?

I hope this means that players with good connection will get connected to player with a good connection also..... cuz i always get the "host migration" and then i get disconected and fail! Pls fix it and if i misspelled anything don't judge :P

Hi, here is a list of the things I would really love to see fixed/improved asap:

- Mag's ultimate (crush) makes the game crash (no it isn't a joke...) when there is too many enemies (number of enemies needs to be confirmed).

- I can still go trough the walls and die because of this...

- Banshee's ultimate sucks (she's so @(*()$ vulnerable) plus it doesn't do enough damage. Silence looks/sounds really useless/inappropriate for the current cooperative and fast game-play.

- Two of Frost abilities (freeze and ice wave) are totally useless vs high lvl mobs + the recovery time after Frost Ultimate is kinda LONG...

- The game is kinda boring now because of these @(*()$ new void keys that are so rare, especially the new T2. I'm really &!$$ed to see that after 20+ waves of any defence mission, the reward is usually a SINGLE crap mod that nobody needs!!!

- In mobile defence, sometimes the enemies are very rare, sometimes it's a huge amount (is it random?)

- In T3 defence, sometimes the enemies are stuck far from the pod and we have to look for them... kinda boring.

- Why the hell are auras mixed with mods when I need to equip mods?

- Why the hell are plastids so @(*()$ rare?

- Bosses drop nothing and for this reason I hate farming them. Kinda same for Nightmare mode... why the hell are the drops/rewards/money so low?????? It should at least scale with the level of the weakest frame in the squad.

Hope you will fix these soon DEs... thx

Yea i agree they should fix this things cuz they make the game unenjoyable!

Is this going to solve the Migrating Host issue?

The other day I was kicked out four times... no exaggeration... four times... from a game (the same game each time) I was joining that only contained 2 other players. One of those 2 players was in my home but I cannot imagine that had anything to do with it.

I would get the Host Migration in progress... notice first, then I would get kicked out. I could Join the session again, but after just a few seconds 45-60 I would get kicked out. After the fourth time, I gave up.

Not cool.

That's correct, my computer is a High Performance Convertible Tablet and has only the option for the shared graphics.  The alternative is to obtain an E-GPU setup which runs well over the 1000 to 1500 dollar mark and is large and akward and impratical and literally the cost of a new computer so if I could afford that, I'd just buy a desktop with more power.

The statistics of my pc are an i7 2.9   16gb ram    win7 64 pro   and of cause the hd4000.  It handles a lot of games really well and is being currently used to develop a high end pc game (modelling and programming etc.)  This machine is very powerful so long as the software or games are constructed in a way that support it's processing strategy.

I play BF3 on the same computer and it's not a big drama yet for some reason this game's performance has become a problem so no.. I don't believe the issue is my computer as nothing has changed here on my end.

What you say about DE and Sony is true and as I also say, I feel the same way or at least would if it were a step forwards for the community as a whole.  As for my budget decisions and purchase.. like I say above, this machine isn't a light-weight as suggested.  It's not a heavy-heavy weight either it's just a standard performance machine that is using the HD4000 which performs on par in most situations to quite a few Dedicated Graphics cards I've used over my time.  I'm meaning PCI-E ones not those old AGP slot cards.

Exactly and my point here is, why should I be the one to spend even more money so I can continue to enjoy playing a game that I've already spent significant (for a single game 250 dollars is a lot) money on.  I made those purchased with the impression that I would be setting my character up to enjoy a long and casual gaming experience, did not think for a second that it would end pre-full release.  So yes, when I save up enough money to buy an even more powerful machine than the currently STILL quite well performing one I own.. then sure I'll be ok again ... will I continue to play a game that's treated me like this.. hard to say.. I feel a lot of animosity towards it right now and it is sad that some people feel the "Right" thing to do in life when you get F-ed over is to just bend over and take another one for the team instead of standing up and saying.. hey this isn't right, I've purchased a game that worked just fine and now the game has changed to a point where I may no longer use what I paid for.. 

If someone sold you a device that was compatible with your computer such as a mouse or keyboard and then put out a driver update somewhere down the track that broke how it worked with your computer to the point of it being un-usable.. that would be highly frowned upon would it not?

I am not sure what to say here.  I downloaded Steam and Warframe onto my laptop that I use for my software development.  This laptop is not 1080P (1600x900) and uses an Intel HD 4000.  I set the game to low settings and turned off most settings that would take away from frame rate.  I plugged my gaming mouse and keyboard into the laptop and I completed several missions without an issue.  I suspect your issue is your hardware architecture (motherboard, processor, ram) and not the Intel HD 4000.  

Edit: This is not a gaming laptop.  It is a Lenovo Yoga 13 with an i7 mobile processor (this is not a performance tweaked processor as it is rated for low voltage consumption for battery life U-series). 

Edited by WindHorse