The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason why everything labelled with "tusk" is at least 5 times stronger than its normal counterpart?

Nesodos

Title says it all, im not talking about the wonderful, vast landscape of the plains, its the enemy units i want to talk about.

I've been doing some missions for the cetus today with my fun loadout and taking a look at how zephyr and bows will work in the plains.
It was a bit disappointing seeing how i was actually faster on the ground than dashing around in the air (zephyr rework when???) but i also discovered that bows perform horribly compared to semi or full auto weapons (who would have thought?/s), especially when you are tasked to take out flying units with bigger health pools than most sortie bosses (looking at you, tusk ogma).

Just to clarify, i was fighting ~ level 60 enemies most of the time.(the commanders for assassinate missions are even tougher than a sortie kela)

What do you guys think of the plains' units till now?

Personally, normal mooks don't seem like a bigger trouble than their counterparts from simmilar regions, but Tusk Heavy Gunners and new mortar bombards are brutal on level 60. However, I feel it's fine to be honest. Just wish reward for completing missions facing them wasn't garbage I could get from Mercury.

Just now, Vance.Stubbs said:

Personally, normal mooks don't seem like a bigger trouble than their counterparts from simmilar regions, but Tusk Heavy Gunners and new mortar bombards are brutal on level 60. However, I feel it's fine to be honest. Just wish reward for completing missions facing them wasn't garbage I could get from Mercury.

kind of, its really frustrating when you fight like a maniac to take down a whole army of bullet sponges with spaceship armorplating just to get some credits or useless mods

The further you get from cetus the harder the enemies get.... they're maybe a little tougher than the normal starmap ones at respective levels but not excessively, main issue is seeing them rather than how much damage they can take or do to me imo.

Not saying the scaling isn't a little off on some things though, the grineer drop ships for example, at level 30 I hardly scratch them yet at level 10 they go down really easy.

Just now, LSG501 said:

The further you get from cetus the harder the enemies get.... they're maybe a little tougher than the normal starmap ones at respective levels but not excessively, main issue is seeing them rather than how much damage they can take or do to me imo.

Not saying the scaling isn't a little off on some things though, the grineer drop ships for example, at level 30 I hardly scratch them yet at level 10 they go down really easy.

did you play one of the commander hunts yet?
if you start the mission chain at 40-50 you will need a tactical nuke to kill the final miniboss before you are surrounded with other troops

2 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

did you play one of the commander hunts yet?
if you start the mission chain at 40-50 you will need a tactical nuke to kill the final miniboss before you are surrounded with other troops

not sure, possible I've done a few bounties, but I've also been having issues so it could be one that I started and had to stop due to a drone part bugging out randomly... mind you I'm also going in with fully levelled and 'good' gear rather than fun stuff.

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

not sure, possible I've done a few bounties, but I've also been having issues so it could be one that I started and had to stop due to a drone part bugging out randomly... mind you I'm also going in with fully levelled and 'good' gear rather than fun stuff.

everything was maxed, i had a zephyr with a jetstream build, a dread with a good but not godly build(25k bodyshots on normal lvl 60 grineer), a euphona prime with a nice build (5k headschots on tusks) and glaive prime with a nice build too(that thing cut through the normal tusks like a hot knife through butter)

• 1 month later...

not a big issue for me, I actually like how they're...stronger and such....the Kuva Grineer dudes disappoint me so much because they're supposed to be the best of the best, personal guards of the TWIN QUEENS right? yet a lot of the Kuva units are much much worse than their other counterparts, the Kuva Lancer for example, don't even do melee bash when you're close. 

Mesa

I do love her, but the reason I use her on the plains pretty must exclusively isn't the reason I should...

It's not that the enemies are too strong, I think they're ok ballance wise, it's that YOU CANT SEE THEM.

Can't kill what you cant see, and mesa's 4 is the best solution for me, I'd rather mix it up more, but I find it frustrating to be getting shot all the time when I can't see who's doing it, Hence; Mesa