Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #99!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm not planning on writing an overview for this Devstream -- it was literally just reviewing PoE release and talking about a few fixes that are coming in the next Hotfix (which should be releasing in the next hour or so -- fixes Golden Maw bug, Gara's Kuva requirement, increases PoE Drone's movement radius, adds carpet store to Cetus, more). 

Only thing of note was the reveal of Ember's Deluxe Skin.

521568bc5cbf0c5ea2d45c07c93a8f7f.jpg

It's okay though, everyone deserves some time off the hotseat after that update! Thanks for everything DE!

On 10/14/2017 at 3:18 AM, AM-Bunny said:

Only thing of note was the reveal of Ember's Deluxe Skin.

Hide contents

It's okay though, everyone deserves some time off the hotseat after that update! Thanks for everything DE!

Body armor 10/10
Helmet 1/10 - just as bad as Nova Asuri.
Now I'll wait til someone creates a non-generic-chicken-ember tennogen helm that matches this. 

I btw meant no disrespect to the artist...
I just don't understand the need to put the mohawk over and over again despite the majority disliking it.

14 minutes ago, Hyacinth said:

what happened to this beautiful ember deluxe concept? *cries*

Reveal hidden contents

zx2Yk6v.jpg

what happened to this beautiful ember deluxe? *cries*

Ignus and Mynki had some stuff happen in between them because of the original concept VS what Mynki ended up approving/modifying (which is what you linked), DE ultimately fired him and the community complained they didn't like Ember's Deluxe.

And thus, this is what we got.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hide contents

Wow. I am not a fan of that skin comapred to the concepts that where shown a long time ago....

I will stick with tenno gen stuff from now on I think.

1 hour ago, Hyacinth said:

Hide contents

zx2Yk6v.jpg

Still prefer the one before that.

Spoiler

(the one on the left)

SnLw4lD.jpg

Personally hate the mohawk look on Ember, obviously just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, Hyacinth said:

Hide contents

zx2Yk6v.jpg

This. 1,000 times this. The new ember skin is meh. That one was AWESOME. Can I still throw money at the screen in hopes of getting the previous concept?

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Though I still don't understand why DE feels Ember must have a mohawk in every incarnation.

What if all of Ember's hair/head parts are actually floppy, but strong thermal convection keeps them up? :awe: #embertruth2017

Or maybe she just always needs a heat-sink to protect her neuroptics.

*continues imagining*

While Ember absolutely deserves a Deluxe Skin...

Please DE, not like this. This is one of the most hideous things I've ever seen the art team put out, and unlike several other hideous things in game, this one isn't hideous in a good way.

Welp, if that's what we're getting for Ember Deluxe, I do think I'm done with spending money on Warframe. Which is me being overdramatic, I probably won't quit playing or spending my moolah, but guys, really? Ember Deluxe was literally the only deluxe skin I wanted done correctly. I can understand the drama with whoever the heck the original artist was, I can even let that garbage that is Nova Deluxe slide by, but not Ember. She's my bae and she deserves some love. Nice, proper, burny love. What is this crystal crap? Where is the FIRE AND FLAMES? #butthurt. T_T

I should emphasize that I really don't hate Ember's mohawk design, it's a big reason why I like the original Ember's helmet. I just don't feel like we should have another bird design for her, for we already have a bird Ember. It's Ember. Straight, vanilla, firebird Ember. I was really hoping to see something radically new, like a punk arsonist, or some sort of anarchic design. Fight the power, burn the city, things like that.

Because I'm now obsessing over this, I'll bare my secrets, haha. I've always pictured Ember as a punk chick with like... a gas mask and a hoodie.
63823805-gas-mask-wallpapers.png Like this. If a Tennogen creator can make this happen for me, you will have all my monies. All six and whatever dollars of it.

12 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Reveal hidden contents

That skin looks like a peacock, colors and all. To be honest it suits Zephyr a whole lot more than Ember.

This one just feels like a hasty attempt at one-upping IgnusDei's concept, and failing at it. Ahh, well.

Archived