Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the Eidolon Shards are for?

Rixuel

They're used to unbind waybound passives in focus schools. For example, in Vazarin, one of the passives gives your operator extra health. If you have a shard and 1 million focus, you can unbind that passive so you can use it no matter what focus school you're using.

EDIT: CommanderShepard reminded me, on top of unbinding, it also upgrades the passive to the final level

Edited by SneakyBeakyIvarr

14 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

you can also turn them into standing for the quills... if im correct this is the only way to get to the first tier with the quills... new ways might unlock after that.

no, you can't.
You can only trade the 3 category of sentient core/heart that are intact, exeptionnal and perfect.

Also, sentient shard are used for some of the new arcanes crafts.

20 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

no, you can't.
You can only trade the 3 category of sentient core/heart that are intact, exeptionnal and perfect.

Also, sentient shard are used for some of the new arcanes crafts.

so basically.... time to grind the hell out of those sentient thingies.... do the normal moon sentients give them as well? if they do... those might be exceptional instead of intact. which would mean they are more worth it.

25 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

so basically.... time to grind the hell out of those sentient thingies.... do the normal moon sentients give them as well? if they do... those might be exceptional instead of intact. which would mean they are more worth it.

Someone needs to try this. For the sake of knowledge!

35 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

Nop, regular sentient don't drop them, only the vomvalyst.

13 hours ago, hellnight03 said:

I just got an eidolon shard, but i need a brilliant one to unbind the skill. how do i get the brilliant one?

In the last phase of the Eidolon fight, after he falls down and calls for help, you must have 4 Eidolon Lures with you and holding him down.

After you kill it, you will have a chance to get the Brilliant Eidolon Shard along with the normal one and a Flawless Core.

On 10/13/2017 at 10:34 PM, SneakyBeakyIvarr said:

They're used to unbind waybound passives in focus schools. For example, in Vazarin, one of the passives gives your operator extra health. If you have a shard and 1 million focus, you can unbind that passive so you can use it no matter what focus school you're using.

They require brilliant eidolon shards not eidolon shards tho. I think that's why he's asking.

The normal Eidolon shards are used to build the arcanes as far as I know

Edited by Kurambik