Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mursukorva

Exploring Eidolon - Caves and Thousand-Year Fish Statuettes Thread (WIP)

Welcome to the Exploring Eidolon, a thread for passionate explorers of the Plains for Eidolon!

The purpose of this thread is to showcase the locations of various points of interest on the Plains of Eidolon, mainly the Twelve caves for the Tomb Looter- achievement and the 20 Thousand-Year Fish Statuettes. If you have any questions or improvement suggestions then please let me know!

FAQ: What are the Thousand-Year Fish Statuettes? They're little fish-shaped objects hidden throughout the Plains of Eidolon. There are twenty of them in total, and each one can be scanned with a codex scanner to unlock it's corresponding codex entry. The codex entries contain little lore bits about the plains and it's inhabitants and history (they're essentially Kuria 2.0). Finding and successfully scanning all twenty statuettes unlocks a fish statuette you can place in your orbiter.

Progress so farCaves: 12/12, Thousand-Year Fish Statuettes: 20/20

Below is a map of all the 12 cave and fish statuette locations, and below that is a comprehensive guide for all of the Thousand-Year Fish Statuettes. There are probably more of the Fish Statuettes to be found, so if you find any that are not on this list, please reply with instructions and pictures that are as detailed as possible on how to find them so I can add them to the list. (Edit: After finding the twenty statues I got a fish statuette for my ship, I think 20 is all of them, there is a picture of the statue in the bottom of the post.) Note: All of the corresponding codex entries have now been added to each marker! Thanks for contributing, Tenno!

EXPLORING EIDOLON FULL MAP:

Spoiler

6yAhLSe.jpg

THOUSAND-YEAR FISH STATUETTES:

Each of the Fish Statuettes I've found so far are marked on the map. You can most easily find them by travelling to the corresponding map marker and looking for the structures in the images provided for each statuette. Some of these may be much easier to reach with archwing or titania, but all of them should be reachable with any frame.

A: "Ancient History" - South-East corner of the plains, a small rock island off the coast. The statue is hidden behind on of the rocks. Be careful not to drop into the sea.

Spoiler

qhEFVNl.jpg

cQ12GTm.jpg

B: "The Unum" - Eastern part of the plains. straight north from A, on top of a three-column rock formation. 

Spoiler

cziUqRd.jpg

ehbN9Cd.jpg

C: "Amps" - Eastern part of the plains, north from B, inside a cave, fish statuette is in a hole in rock near the water

Spoiler

WgwV7YU.jpg

O3d8tqi.jpg

D: "Life in Cetus" - North-Eastern part of the plains, inside a cave downhill from a tall grineer tower structure. The statuette is in the back of the cave on top of a rock. (Go past the yellow electrical device to the small corner on the left)

Spoiler

pedXgjs.jpg

Q2JhsyC.jpg

E: "Cetus" - North-Eastern corner of the plains, north of D, behind a big rock near the edge of the map. 

Spoiler

GtKYmmg.jpg

Ln0XOnN.jpg

F: "The Quills of Cetus" - Northern part of the plains, straight west from E, On top of a grineer structure that pumps water. You have to jump on the roof of the building and walk on on of the poles that are extended outwards from the building, then turn to face the building to see the statuette. 

Spoiler

3V4YiD5.jpg

EAkrLU6.jpg

G: "Plains Animals" - Northern part of the plains, north from F, in a fiery grineer mining valley. The statuette is on top of a satellite tower next to the mining device. This is pretty hard to jump to without flying, but it's still possible. 

Spoiler

qzA9IoO.jpg

gocM2Vp.jpg

H: "The Tower's Flesh" - Northern part of the plains, south-west of G, on top of a big spiky rock structure. 

Spoiler

VWb8Qrs.jpg

sPV2B9k.jpg

I: "Grineer Excavations" - North-Western part of the plains, west of H, on the roof of a huge grineer structure. 

Spoiler

JHo0v8j.jpg

Uak3j2A.jpg

J: "Merchants of Cetus" - North-Western part of the plains, just a little bit west from I, under a rock where the river starts flowing. (Standing in the river applies the magnetic effect and takes away your energy, but it shouldn't kill you)

Spoiler

W0dqhv4.jpg

0cmhqib.jpg

K: "Remnants of Orokin" - North-Western part of the plains, south-west of J, on one of the rock ledges of a huge rock structure which overlooks a grineer camp.

Spoiler

mygyraK.jpg

nxbIZLF.jpg

L: "The Ostrons" - Western part of the plains, almost straight east from K, inside a dual horn-shaped structure. 

Spoiler

LUjKxWW.jpg

nd3LK7C.jpg

M: "The Grineer Tusks" - Western part of the plains, south-west from L, under a part of an orokin tower next to a cave. 

Spoiler

wpWBBsx.jpg

o177dKX.jpg

N: "Tools of Harvest" - South-Western part of the plains, straight south from M, on a rock in the sea off the coast next to a tall tower structure and a grineer camp.

Spoiler

If66IEI.jpg

O: "Ostran Artisans" - South-Western part of the plains, south-east of N, Inside a water treating plant. You need to use a mounted turret to shoot the blades of the windmill to disable the windmill, then hack the panel under the windmill and the water pool is drained. The statuette is inside one of the pipes inside the pool. All credit and huge thanks for finding and solving this to my alliance member martinq10q, this is quite possibly the hardest one of them all to find.

Spoiler

EUdjdpU.jpg

1FkXkIj.jpg

jmfz04C.jpg

P: "Ostron Patois" - Southern part of the plains, south-east of O, next to a huge shark corpse in a hole in the rock. Hard to see from anywhere else than the small rock in the sea. 

Spoiler

xXCn6VE.jpg

6XEeBHw.jpg

Q: "Scavenging Way of Life" - Southern part of the plains, north of P, inside a cave next to a large two-column rock structure. The statuette is in the back of the cave in a hole in the rock just a bit right from the closed grineer door.

Spoiler

zig9EVI.jpg

poprLuR.jpg

R: "Plains of Eidolon" - Middle part of the plains, north-east of Q, on top of a large stone structure that stands in a lake. 

Spoiler

JKDtypM.jpg

RAElsko.jpg

S: "Harvesting the Tower" Middle part of the plains, west of R, inside one of the supports of a mining device. 

Spoiler

hKCLEme.jpg

Lo68uwS.jpg

T: "Eidolon Teralyst" - South-Western part of the plains, west of S, inside the cave you go in during the quest where you help Saya find Onkko. The statuette is inside the middle part of the cave where there is water, behind a rock in the water.

Spoiler

ipQxIgv.jpg

Stu22mh.jpg

Other Notes: 

-Credit for the map template goes to imgur user korndolorous; you can find the original map template here: https://imgur.com/a/3lqJq

-If you want me to add pictures of the cave entrances then let me know! (some of the cave markers on the map are weirdly placed.)

-Disconnecting or failing your mission while getting both the caves for the achievement and scanning the fish seems to make the ones collected in that mission not count. I would recommend going to Cetus after finding half of them to save your progress, and then continuing with the other half.

The fish statuette image and other misc. images from the plains:

Spoiler

1. OOH SHINY FISHIE

0QlFWLe.jpg

2. Breathing underwater somehow? Seems weird because I usually get zapped by magnetism

kUng66e.jpg

3. Floating Energy Barrier Tower

GSbZltW.jpg

4. Getting out of the plains map is pretty easy

EwrSGuI.jpg

Amazing work there, I have been checking and googling to see if there was a map for caves but there wasn't. Thank you for posting. Going to check it out now.

Remember that just like with Cephalon Fragments, the Glass Shards from Saya's Vigil and the Fish statues scans contain a hidden message! ;)

And thanks yet again Mursukorva :D

A = Ancient History. That was the only one I could narrow down because I had to go back for it after crashing and losing that scan.

10 minutes ago, Runawaii said:

A = Ancient History. That was the only one I could narrow down because I had to go back for it after crashing and losing that scan.

Thanks!

P = Ostron Patois. It's the first one I got and went back to the ship to check the entry before realizing there were so many more

A ancient history
B the unum
C amps
D life in cetus
E cetus
F quill of cetus
G plains animals
H the tower of flesh
I ??
J merchants of cetus
K remnants of orokin
L ??
M the grineer tusks
N tools of harvest
O ostran artisan
P ostron patois
Q scavenging way of life
R plains of eidolon
S harvesting the tower

edit: bear any spelling mistakes, I just whipped up a notepad and wrote with as I got them all, already had I and L so dont know those. hope it helps, awesome map!

7 minutes ago, iTrust said:

A ancient history
B the unum
C amps
D life in cetus
E cetus
F quill of cetus
G plains animals
H the tower of flesh
I ??
J merchants of cetus
K remnants of orokin
L ??
M the grineer tusks
N tools of harvest
O ostran artisan
P ostron patois
Q scavenging way of life
R plains of eidolon
S harvesting the tower

edit: bear any spelling mistakes, I just whipped up a notepad and wrote with as I got them all, already had I and L so dont know those. hope it helps, awesome map!

27 minutes ago, Grymithy said:

P = Ostron Patois. It's the first one I got and went back to the ship to check the entry before realizing there were so many more

Thanks guys!

25 minutes ago, iTrust said:

3b6a8df396.png

undiscovered fragment :^)

Yeah I noticed that too, but I doubt it has anything to do with the fishies since you get the statue reward after collecting 20.

46 minutes ago, Mursukorva said:

Yeah I noticed that too, but I doubt it has anything to do with the fishies since you get the statue reward after collecting 20.

for kuria you get the emblem halfway through aswell ;)

9 hours ago, iTrust said:

for kuria you get the emblem halfway through aswell ;)

True, true xD I hope there's at least 50 more fishies hidden around that we are too ignorant to notice. Perhaps the final reward is a fish skin for the orbiter! :D

If the post above me is correct, then :

T Eidolon Teralyst

(I grab L and T and these two are "The Ostrons" and "Eidolon Teralyst" entries, but I din't know which one until now)

3 hours ago, DarcosRoyal said:

I is Grinner Excavations

3 hours ago, Gio21 said:

L The Ostrons
tyvm <3

2 hours ago, ALIEN109 said:

If the post above me is correct, then :

T Eidolon Teralyst

(I grab L and T and these two are "The Ostrons" and "Eidolon Teralyst" entries, but I din't know which one until now)

Thanks so much guys! Now we have them all!

:c I have T scanned but it gave me nothing and bugged out now i cant get my fishie

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

:c I have T scanned but it gave me nothing and bugged out now i cant get my fishie

That seems strange, have you tried exiting the game and scanning it again?

3 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Try again, there are some issues obviously, but this was a huge update and things will smooth out quickly enough.