The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dune Warframe Of Sand

Rada13

Dune is mixture of damage and his abilities create and compliment the blind status effect.

Lore: There are several rites of passage one must take to become a tenno warrior. One is a trial of survival which tests a subjects abilities to adapt to any condtions. If the elders feel you show true potential they will leave you to the mercy of the harshest environments such as frozen wastelands, lava fields or barren deserts. Dune was dropped in the gobi desert on earth and was left there for a week with no food or water. When he did not return to his pickup point it was assumed he failed and had perished. Unbeknownst to his teachers, Dune had stumbled upon an ancient Orokin artifact that had become uncovered by a recent sandstorm. Upon touching the relic it fused to his warframe giving him the ability to manipulate the sand around him. Months later, Dune returned to the shocked look of his comrades ready for duty.

Skil 1: Sand Blast: Dune sends out a bolt of sand, it explodes upon impact on a single target damaging them, any enemies nearby will be blinded for a few seconds and any enemies already suffering from blindness will begin bleeding for a few seconds.

Skill 2: Sand in the Wound: Dune covers 1 enemy armor in sand, any damage to that enemy will be increased as sand enters and clogs their oriffices and circuts. Also any enemies suffering from blind will not be able to cast any abilities during it's duration

Skill 3:  Sand Sweep: Causes a wave of sand to shoot out in a radius around him, all enemies in the area are knocked down slightly damaged and blinded, blinded enemies will be kocked down on the ground longer.

Skill 4 Sandstorm: Dune summons a huge traveling sandstorm around him damaging enemies and decreasing their accuracy, any blinded enemies will go into the crouching position reducing their movement speed for the duration even if they exit the sandstorm.

Looks awesome, as a person who lives in a place with a ton of sand, and a ton of wind, I can say that sand sucks. Using sand against your enemies is great, it makes them feel all of the suckage. FEEL IT GRINEER! Ahem, sorry about that.

Anyway, sounds cool, I could see him as sort of covered in wrappings and such, sort of like a mummy, with a big coat-like set of armor, with a hood/mask combo for the helmet, maybe a gas-mask sort of thing? Would be neat, and would be a great way for DE to show off the new cloth movement physics they're working on.

signed sounds like a fun frame.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Great concept.  I like how all the abilities build off each other.

An alternative to the bleed damage (which doesn't strike me as being very sand-themed) for the first ability could be a reduction in enemy defense as the sand scours away their armor.

Lol Naruto references aside this is an excellent idea for a warframe.  The chaining abilities are definately nice.  I would think his armor would be low to average I'm thinking it would probably be between 10 like ember and 50 like excaliber.  As I can't really picture this as a heavy warframe.  I would also think he would be hardy for living in a desert so high health but low shields.  Not favorable for most missions I know but it's an idea.  As Gameboy350 said he'd also need high energy as well.  I would think he'd also be pretty fast when he's not using his abilities.  Though if he uses that sandstorm I think it would slow him to a walk rather than sprinting since he would have to focus on controlling the sandstorm at least a jog lol.  Overall though I would love to see this warframe added in due to it's abilities.